Any Advice?

farangRussIam

I posted this on the Chiang Mai forum ,but I thought I'd also try here as well,seeing as the site below also provides 

services regarding other places in Thailand,moving to Thailand etc--so thanks for any help!!

Hello to all!

I recently came across the website "retire-on-550-month.com"...

http://www.retire-on-550-month.com/index.php

and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it or the Canadian guy who runs it -George Dowhan-(good or bad feedback re: his services offered on the site)?

It appears to me as a  very good site and  I have no reason to believe that it is anything but ...BUT it pay

to check these things out 

and I value the info I get from all of Thaivisa members!

If anyone has info (detailed as poss.THX!!!) ,again I would really value and appreciate it!

Cheers to all!!

FarangRussIam :o

Give the guy a break!

IMHO...

This is one of many, many sources of information about what Thailand is like and what it costs, etc. etc. Some are good and some are not. Some are complete and some are incomplete.

What is your situation? Are you thinking of moving to Thailand? On a short term basis? A long term basis? Do you want to be only an occasional visitor? If you are thinking of moving here, gather as much information as you can from all possible sources and make several short-term (30 to 90 days) trips over the next year or two to see for yourself if you really want to make the move.

You have to see and experience the country for yourself! And you really don't need a tour guide to do it.

Edited by DFCarlson

At first glance it looks too gimicky for my taste. Its not that ugly (although poorly designed).

On the one hand its trying to appeal to the expat by plastering this retire on 550 a month jazz (is it $£?) then on the other its trying to get people to go on tours stay in flashy, glitzy accommodation and the like.

Which is it? Tourist or Expat? Perhaps both?

The 'Our Ladies' Section is just too 'cheesy' and makes me cringe just looking at it! What are they so desperate that they need to dangle the honeytrap to get people to sign up for tours! Its like their trying to present themselves as a low-key dating agency!

This website comes across as a friendly one man band, complete with a full panoply of drums, cymbals, harmonica, bells around ankles, castanets. He moves around making a good racket and some onlookers become overpowered by the dreadful din.

All what they offer on that website you can do by yourself and save yourself a bunch of money. Why waste it on something that can be put to use elsewhere?

I'd only reccommend this to someone whose never been to Thailand before and really can't bothered to get out and explore Thailand but wants to be pampered.

Edited by JimsKnight