2 weeks late on 90 day reporting but have a doctor's note?

My friend was in an accident and is now 2 weeks late on 90 day reporting. Will they be fined the maximum amount or will a doctor's note from the hospital be sufficient? The doctor's note says they will not be able to return to work for several more days. The accident has prevented her from walking much.

1 hour ago, MrMuddle said:

Is your friend aware that 90 day reports can be posted to the appropriate Immigration Office ?
Forms can be downloaded from this site.

no, she is a Cambodian on an L-A visa and doesn't own a computer and isn't computer literate.

He may get words of sympathy along with the fine. It is not a fortune and, apart from the fine, there are no other ramifications. In future, if he cannot go himself and reporting online does not work, he should get a friend to do it for him. Once he is over the 7 day grace period, he must go himself.

4 hours ago, bkk7 said:

She wasn't ill. She was in a car accident.

I was using “ill” generically. Ill or injured it doesn’t make any difference as she can nominate someone else to do it for her. 

It’s worth explaining the situation when she eventually reports as they can waive the fine, but I wouldn’t expect them to.

16 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

Is your friend aware that 90 day reports can be posted to the appropriate Immigration Office ?
Forms can be downloaded from this site.

I think Thaivisa ned to up grade this download site it`s very old.

Edited by nasa123

20 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Any good friend could and would have made the report on her behalf.

Yes, someone else can/ could have done the report for her ( why the O/P keeps referring to her as "they" is a mystery).

22 hours ago, bkk7 said:

The doctor's note says they will not be able to return to work for several more days. The accident has prevented her from walking much.

I seldom go myself. I just send driver with my passport. No problem.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Phuket Man said:

2,000 Baht fine. No big deal.

If you are earning 300 baht a day I would think being fined around 7 days pay IS a big deal. 

Let's put it into perspective using the Aussie minimum wage of around 18 dollars an hour.  18*8*7 is around a thousand bucks or 570 pounds.  Not a big deal?  I think it is. 

Reading the OP it seems his friend may be a Cambodian guest worker.  Might not even get 300 baht a day.

Edited by tryasimight
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jingjock said:

No excuse pay up ou get deported

Not true.

Failing to complete a 90 day report is a 2,000 baht fine but that is all and a stamp in your passport explaining it.

Failing to renew your extension is a whole new ball game and you can be deported and possibly banned from returning depending on how long it has been.

If you can make it to the airport without being arrested the fine is up to 20,000 baht. If you are caught before you get there then you get taken to the IDC until your case is heard and you will be fined and deported with probably a ban on returning from months to years depending how long you have overstayed your visa/extension.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2018 at 8:42 PM, Tanoshi said:

Any good friend could and would have made the report on her behalf.

i've never done it before and don't know how it's done. as a good friend, i posted here to find answers. i don't have the time during working hours to go do the report. thanks.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2018 at 8:38 AM, pearciderman said:

Why didn't you do the report for your "friend"?

because 1) i don't have time off of work to go during office hours 2) as i am on an F-visa, i have no idea about reporting. that's why i'm here asking about it.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, tryasimight said:

If you are earning 300 baht a day I would think being fined around 7 days pay IS a big deal. 

Let's put it into perspective using the Aussie minimum wage of around 18 dollars an hour.  18*8*7 is around a thousand bucks or 570 pounds.  Not a big deal?  I think it is. 

Reading the OP it seems his friend may be a Cambodian guest worker.  Might not even get 300 baht a day.

thanks! someone who's not a jerk finally replies!

yes, she's a guest worker and 300B per day IS a big deal. people just assume i have time to go for her, but i work during the office hours for reporting this type of thing and i don't need to report as i'm on a diplomatic visa. if i knew how to do this or was familiar, why else would i have posted? TV as usual assuming the worst, or just trolling.

• Like 1