Water rights in Thailand?

Elkski

I'm not looking to buy land just trying to understand the water rights.  Some land needs the rain and can only grow one crop a season and others have canals.   One woman who is taking over parents farm says the canal is theirs.  But next door neighbor is pumping out of canal to grow vegtables.  Her mom used to watch for these things but is getting old.   I told this woman she needs to ask for a share of the vegtables profits and tell them next season there will be no pumping.    Are there senior water rights or how do things work in Thailand.   Who controls some of these head gates?   

If the canal is on her property then the canal is hers if the land is chanot. However if the land is a special chanot like ag, or forest, couldn’t say.

In manu communities in the south have seen community canals, that exist on many people’s lands, often at borders, sharing easement. From what I’ve seen if there is water and you have rightful access then anyone can pump as much as they want. If water is not enough the community under Puuyai Baan will need to dig deeper or maintain better.

1 important thing you must now, if she is running pipe onto your property, and has been doing for a while, she will earn the right to use it if she can prove use continually. She has made your private water into public land, this usually requires 10 years of use to claim.

You must prevent access yourself, after checking easements with land department, and seeing they have no right of way, you will need to take matters into your own hands.

Officially you must legally notify them to remove, however easiest way is to take matters onto your own hands, put burden of legal action on them.

Keep in mind these issues are how people get killed, encroachment is a big problem to many people.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect