Visa application

Hi all,

as I am new to this forum let mefirstly apologise if this question has been asked before.

My wife wil be applying for her retirement visa but currently only has a 60 day tourist visa.

As I understand she firstly needs to have a 90 day “O” visa, ten can apply for the retirement 

visa once there are 30 or less days remaining on that visa. Due to prior commitments our plan 

is to get a 30 day extension to her tourist visa & applyfor the 90 day “O” visa at the same time.

Is this possible? Then obtain a re entry stamp before leaving and apply for the retirement visa

when we return. Are there any holes in my plan?

Many Thanks.

Graham.

If she still has 15 days remaining on her 60 day entry she would not need to do the extension. If less than 15 days remaining she could apply for the 30 day extension and the non immigrant visa (category O) at the same time.

Requirements for the visa application is here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80

It will take about 2 weeks from the date she applies for the visa before she will get the 90 day entry and visa stamp done.

She could apply for a re-entry permit to keep the remainder of the 90 day entry valid when she enters the country as soon as visa/entry stamps are done.

5 minutes ago, Mironov55 said:

thanks for the reply, we need the additional time to comply with the number of days to meet the financial requirement. So do I understand that she can get her 30 day extension then immediately apply for the category O visa?

To apply for the non immigrant visa the money only has to be in the bank on the date of application. There is no 60 day requirement.

If she has the money in the bank now she can apply at anytime now.

For the extension of stay application it will need to be in the bank for 60 days on the date of application.

19 minutes ago, Mironov55 said:

Thanks that great information, what about other documentation required, been told many different things by different people.

That depends upon where you will be applying for the extension.

You will need completed TM7 form. Download, complete and print 2 sided this Fillable TM7 form.pdf .

Copies of passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

Proof of residence will be needed. What they will want depends upon the office where you apply.

OK, so she will be applying for visa in Phuket, her current visa expires on  17-March. If she applies now for 90 day non immigrant.

1. When is the earliest time that she can apply for 1 year extension.

2. How long does the 1 year visa take to process bearing in mind she           

Has a flight booked on 8-May and will obviously need her passport.

The 60 Days to meet the financial requirement will be on 13-April.

Sorry if it sounds a bit like Jack & Jill, just need to clear on my options.

Thanks.

Graham.

7 minutes ago, Mironov55 said:

1. When is the earliest time that she can apply for 1 year extension.

2. How long does the 1 year visa take to process bearing in mind she           

Has a flight booked on 8-May and will obviously need her passport.

The 60 Days to meet the financial requirement will be on 13-April.

1. If she applied for the visa tomorrow that is when the 90 days would start. She could apply for the extension on or after the 13th of April.

2. The application is normally approved on the date it is done. Phuket immigration has you return the following day to pick up the passport with the extension in it. She could apply for the re-entry permit on the day she picked up her passport.

1 minute ago, Mironov55 said:

Again brilliant advise I just have one final question regarding the 1 year Non immigrant O visa. I am assuming that this is a multiple entry visa as we come back and forward a couple of times each year.

The visa she gets is only valid for one entry on the date it is issued by immigration.

After getting the extension of stay she will need a re-entry permit if she wants to travel. It can be a single re-entry permit for a fee of 1000 baht or 3800 baht for a multiple re-entry permit.