Will Apple watch ever get a Thai SIM?

McGregor21

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

OK .. true move will release the watch on the 5th April. I guess they will provide a contract package including monthly installments to pay for the watch.

The unlocked model appeared in the Thai Apple store last week, so you can buy the LTE model for a couple of thousand baht more than the wifi. I think 15,000 thb will get you an entry level 42mm watch.

I called true move to ask how much extra I would be looking to pay over my existing package, they don’t understand. According to the guy, I have a 5gb post pay package, why don’t I connect over my phone and I can use it for free :: facepalm ::

Does anyone else have any news?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

OK .. true move will release the watch on the 5th April. I guess they will provide a contract package including monthly installments to pay for the watch.

The unlocked model appeared in the Thai Apple store last week, so you can buy the LTE model for a couple of thousand baht more than the wifi. I think 15,000 thb will get you an entry level 42mm watch.

I called true move to ask how much extra I would be looking to pay over my existing package, they don’t understand. According to the guy, I have a 5gb post pay package, why don’t I connect over my phone and I can use it for free :: facepalm ::

Does anyone else have any news?

Aha .. true move came back ..

To answer the OP,

There is no sim, that you insert into the Apple Watch cellular / lte

You get a code that will download the necessary information to program the eSIM within the watch.

True will release a package on Thursday with the prices, it’s called ‘Apple Watch one SIM’

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Thanks 1

I just got a new email from Apple today selling their new watches! Available in Thailand for a bit higher price than the US. Or maybe VAT is included? No SIM card but you no longer need to have your iPhone near it. It must be on the same carrier, not sure about carrier charges. 

https://www.apple.com/th-en/shop/buy-watch/apple-watch?afid=p238|sCFfXFjNQ-dc_mtid_18707vxu38484_pcrid_231226366441_&cid=aos-th-kwgo-brand--slid-8n8cqpIO

I called true on Monday.

I already have a decent mobile data package on my phone. So just need to pay to “piggy back” off my SIM.

The price for LTE is 199B per month, there is a one off fee to obtain the LTE code of 259B but that’s waived for the first 6 months of the promotion. ( she mentioned the 199 was also waived for the first 3 months but I don’t know if that’s if you buy a watch from them)

Seems fairly reasonable, but what I can’t work out is the pricing. True seem to have the watches at around 20% more than if I was to buy one from Apple.

True are offering free data package for 6 months, but I can’t see the angle.

I’m in two minds to buy the LTE or the GPS model, it’s not like I am far from my phone these days, battery life it’s the LTE model seems an issue too.

Nation reported the launch last week, the other carriers are set to follow.