Coins.co.th?

USslugga

I'm looking to get into crypto's and living in thailand, coins.co.th seems like the most convenient way to do so.  However, I went to link my bank account but my bank, Krungthai, is not one of the options.  I emailed coins.co.th and they said that's not a problem.  I can just choose another bank and then pay for the order by transfer from Krungthai.  

Does anyone else do this?  I assume there will be fees to transfer from Krungthai plus there is a fee for using coins.co.th as well.  

Is there some better way to purchase cryptos if you live in Thailand? 

I tried coins.co.th but they wouldn't accept my proof of address despite sending copies of blue house book, marriage cert, letter addressed to me from govt pensions Uk and bank statement.

They also only deal in Bitcoin.

I joined Bx.in.th without hitch 3 months back and their exchange and backup is first class. They also trade lots of different coins, not just BTC.

I'm using Bitcoin Thailand, bx.in.th.com. The fees are lower than coins.co.th. You do not pay extra to make a deposit. Trading fees are 0.25% of the amount you trade, per trade. So far, I've had no problems whatsoever with them.

Edited by Dario
  • Like 1

Bx is good but the fees are a bit greedy sometimes for cash withdrawal but they have a practical monopoly at the moment which will evaporate when the market has now competitors 

(if you sell a bitcoin they take fees for the sale like any exchange would , but when you want to withdraw the cash, they ALSO charge 10thb per 10,000thb)  and we are talking about a free kasikorn to kasikorn transfer before someone suggests it's the banks fault (it isn't) 

This is not the case with other cryptocurrency exchanges and it may not bother people who trade small amounts but it gets excessive when you want to trade larger amounts or only profiting from the daily swings etc

2 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

Bx is good but the fees are a bit greedy sometimes for cash withdrawal but they have a practical monopoly at the moment which will evaporate when the market has now competitors 

(if you sell a bitcoin they take fees for the sale like any exchange would , but when you want to withdraw the cash, they ALSO charge 10thb per 10,000thb)  and we are talking about a free kasikorn to kasikorn transfer before someone suggests it's the banks fault (it isn't) 

This is not the case with other cryptocurrency exchanges and it may not bother people who trade small amounts but it gets excessive when you want to trade larger amounts or only profiting from the daily swings etc

Yeah, cash withdrawal from BX costs money. I think I was deducted 40 Baht when I withdrew 10'000 Baht and 50 Baht when I withdrew 20'050 Baht.

Just now, Dario said:

Yeah, cash withdrawal from BX costs money. I think I was deducted 40 Baht when I withdrew 10'000 Baht and 50 Baht when I withdrew 20'050 Baht.

It only gets worse when you start trading in tens of millions.... 

There is  exchange opened recently I expect a lot of users will move over 

Can't remember the name of it but by 2020 there will probably be at least  a dozen exchanges to choose from so bx can enjoy their monopoly while it lasts

8 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

It only gets worse when you start trading in tens of millions.... 

There is  exchange opened recently I expect a lot of users will move over 

Can't remember the name of it but by 2020 there will probably be at least  a dozen exchanges to choose from so bx can enjoy their monopoly while it lasts

I second that, now I only have about 300'000 Baht with BX, but one day, not far away, this should be much bigger and then things become costly.

• 2 weeks later...