Coca-Cola to promote Thai tourism with ‘Hula Hula with Coca-Cola this summer’

webfact

Coca-Cola to promote Thai tourism with ‘Hula Hula with Coca-Cola this summer’

By The Nation

cacf671a5d95f22c6cdf70a60e29b5b0.jpeg

Coca-Cola is putting a new face on its products sold in Thailand in time for the summer season.

The soft-drink giant’s new campaign, “Hula Hula with Coca-Cola this summer”, will feature 24 new package designs, TV commercials, out-of-home media advertising, a “very uplifting summer anthem” videos and other content. 

“Our starting point for this ‘Coke for Summer ‘idea came from the realization that so many of the world’s best summer destinations are in Thailand, and that we often forget just how special they are,” said Claudia Navarro, Marketing Director of Coca-Cola (Thailand) Ltd.

“We therefore chose 24 of the most popular spots and developed designs that relate to iconic symbols from each of these places. We are hoping Thais will have fun collecting them, or finding the one that means the most to them and sharing it with someone special back home.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30338998

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-16

8 minutes ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Upping the coca cola consumption is one way to add a few points to the nations BMI score. 

Yes. The first time I saw a can of coke zero I thought no calories, that's impressive.

Then I realised it still had coke in the can. I assumed they were selling an empty can to ensure zero calories.

9 minutes ago, ezzra said:

A 12-ounce can of regular Coke contains 39 grams of total sugar, which is about 9 1/3 teaspoons of sugar. If you're reading the ingredients list though, you won't see sugar clearly listed.... the irony is that the Thai

government see absolutely nothing wrong with people killing themselves with high sugar consuptions

but very particular when they smoke...

Yes....sugar is cancers favorite snack.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

“very uplifting summer anthem”

For Coke's sake I hope they haven't give the job of composing this "Summer Anthem" to the "George Gershwin" of Thailand himself. That could have a serious downward impact on sales.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dear PM Gen. Prayut,

in case you need Coca-cola to promote your beautiful country, then something is going very wrong. 

By the way: set priority, 1. Road carnage, 2. support the real poor peoples, 3. CORRUPTION from high to low and 4. last but not least, provide a fix election date, in case the peoples like you continue your work then they will vote for you, you are not perfect and till you are a soldier your peoples will scare you. 

Go out of your uniform (really) and enjoy your peoples, is as nice simple peoples with the dream that everyone has. COCA COLA IS NOT THE SOLUTION....

4 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

Delete the "B" by now its just Mass Index. I wonder if this Hula Hula stuff is a result of Prawit's entourage trip to Hawaii.

How long ago did it change from BMI to MI?

I've just done a search in a medical dictionary, (admittedly only one) but it still lists it as BMI:

https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/MI

https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/BMI

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

How long ago did it change from BMI to MI?

I've just done a search in a medical dictionary, (admittedly only one) but it still lists it as BMI:

https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/MI

https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/BMI

Sit around a soi, watch and count the heavily obese people passing by. You may hardly recognize any bodies any more, all you see is a huge amount of mass with eyes sunk deep in the fat. 

1 hour ago, Lupatria said:

Sit around a soi, watch and count the heavily obese people passing by. You may hardly recognize any bodies any more, all you see is a huge amount of mass with eyes sunk deep in the fat. 

Whooosh!

That went right over my head. I had assumed it was a genuine comment - silly me!

We are hoping Thais will have fun collecting them, or finding the one that means the most to them and sharing it with someone special back home.”

While they are having fun collecting them, after consuming a week's worth of sugar in a single day, they can share their insulin with the folks back home. Unless they've already died of another Thai favorite, and major funding source of the government, cigarettes. New TAT campaign. "Come share the Thai Experience. It's to die for."

Edited by jaltsc

Had a really slow drain in a shower once.  Before going away for three or four days, I put a liter down the drain.   A puddle formed as well.  When I got back, what ever clogged the drain was gone never to return.  Where the puddle was, the tiles and grout were cleaned once the residue was removed.  Coke is a wonderful product. 

I drink one or two cokes a month.  It helps with upset stomachs. 

On 17/02/2018 at 12:09 AM, thaipara said:

There I was, hoping that this was going to be their theme song (cue protests about cultural appropriation, racism, and sexism):

I remember it fondly. 2005, just before the world began its current descent into paranoia and hate. Thanks for that memory.

• Like 1

On 17.2.2018 at 3:42 AM, yellowboat said:

Had a really slow drain in a shower once.  Before going away for three or four days, I put a liter down the drain.   A puddle formed as well.  When I got back, what ever clogged the drain was gone never to return.  Where the puddle was, the tiles and grout were cleaned once the residue was removed.  Coke is a wonderful product. 

I drink one or two cokes a month.  It helps with upset stomachs. 

It is also the best rust remover available...

• Like 1