Us K3 Visa

Hey - I'm about ready to send my I-130 petition for my Thai wife off. I'm in America with our son, and she is in BKK waiting for the visa to come through.

I have a pile of forms literally over an inch thick, but I have a feeling I'm forgetting something. Specifically, I saw a few places where people said that the USCIS e-mailed responses, but there was nowhere on the forms where I'd put an email address.

This is what I have so far:

• I-130
  • G325a his+hers, in quadruplicate
  • passport photos, his+hers, with names on the back
  • Birth Certificate (mine)
  • Birth Certificate, (our son's, both from the Embassy and from Thailand, with translation)
  • Certificate of name change
  • Marriage Certificate + Translation
  • Check for $190
  • Passport copies -My wife's, and our son's Thai and US passports.

I also included

• Relationship photos
  • High School Diploma
  • English Certification
  • Character reference

Mostly just for yuks. Can't hurt. ( right??? )

The next step, as I understand it, is they send me a reciept that they recieved the I-130, then they make me file a I-129F :o ????

Then, My wife schedules an interview with the US Embassy in BKK (or rather has one scheduled for her) and brings ith her a pile of forms equally thick. They will then issue the visa.

Is this correct?

thanks!

You can get email responses concerning your case if you setup an account with the USCIS at their website.

It appears like you have everything in order. Later if the I-130 and supporting docs/pics are approved, the USCIS (or National Visa Center) will send you an Affidavit of Support form, which they will not do until you send in some more money. And then there is another form (the DS-230), which to get it, requires even more money... and of course time. The DS-230 requires your wife's signature (it is basically something like the G-325A, but different).

The ###### USCIS does not permit a sponsor to complete all of the forms at one time... which is utterly stupid.

It took almost a year for the USCIS to process all of my forms and to forward the case to the US Embassy in BKK. Then it took only a month for the Embassy to send my wife notice that she has her interview/appointment this March.

According to the USCIS, my wife needs to present 3-years of my IRS tax forms for the embassy to verify my income. She also needs to get a medical examination at Bumrumgrad Hospital and a Thai police report.

Good luck with everything. And most importantly, be patient... your case is competing for USCIS attention with 10's (if not 100's) of thousand other cases. And everyone says the US is an undesirable place... ha ha ha. Makes you wonder why so many people want to immigrate here.

Edited by Gumballl

Drummer - click on this link. Then click on "Want to Register?" to setup an account.

I believe you will need a case number, which you will not get until the USCIS replies back that they received your I-130.

Btw, if you are using Firefox, and you see an error on the USCIS webpage that your browser is not compatible, just ignore it. I use Firefox and everything works out fine.

Also, many of the forms you need to complete are available online, and permit you to enter the information using your PC, thus obviating the need to do everything in handwriting.

Edited by Gumballl