Paint & body shop required Bangkok

wood

Hi, we have an Isuzu Mux that has been scratched by a large stone that nearly came through the windscreen on a journey back from Kanchanaburi.

It hit the front windscreen pillar, chipping the paint down to the metal.

Looking for a good paint/  repair shop in Bangkok that can produce the quality required for an as new finish on a fairly new Pearl white Mux.

Took it to the main Isuzu paint shop and they quoted about 12500 baht.

Problem is they want the car for about 12 days.....

Any good recommendations and is that price about right ?

Thanks.

Bad luck it being Pearl White ... it is difficult to match. I know we had a Pearl White V-Cross.

Tri  -Petch are here ... 1088 Vibhavadi Rangsit Rd, Khwaeng Chatuchak, Khet Chatuchak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10900    the very next Soi only a few meters past T-P up there is the paint shop we used ... they have an oven.

As it is a pillar maybe not too much of a problem ours was a full panel and she had to spray it twice to get a match as ours was a couple of years old by then ... and faded just a bit

Somewhere near here I think ... 13.823538  100.560225  sorry I don't have the phone number

Think we paid 5000 the first time and 2000 the second time... I did the same panel a second time!!... she asked how much we paid last time and my wife said 2000 :smile:

Edited by JAS21

2 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Bad luck it being Pearl White ... it is difficult to match. I know we had a Pearl White V-Cross.

Tri  -Petch are here ... 1088 Vibhavadi Rangsit Rd, Khwaeng Chatuchak, Khet Chatuchak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10900    the very next Soi only a few meters past T-P up there is the paint shop we used ... they have an oven.

As it is a pillar maybe not too much of a problem ours was a full panel and she had to spray it twice to get a match as ours was a couple of years old by then ... and faded just a bit

Somewhere near here I think ... 13.823538  100.560225  sorry I don't have the phone number

Think we paid 5000 the first time and 2000 the second time... I did the same panel a second time!!... she asked how much we paid last time and my wife said 2000 :smile:

Thanks Jas21.

Was it Tri Petch that you got the 5000 /2000 price from or did you go direct to the paint shop which happened to be near tri petch ? ( does it have a name ? A number would be greatly appreciated)

Is it the paint shop tri petch use? 

It's my wife's pride and joy, it got damaged on her birthday so would like to get it sorted asap..

Not the land of smiles at the moment..

Thanks 

6 hours ago, wood said:

Thanks Jas21.

Was it Tri Petch that you got the 5000 /2000 price from or did you go direct to the paint shop which happened to be near tri petch ? ( does it have a name ? A number would be greatly appreciated)

Is it the paint shop tri petch use? 

It's my wife's pride and joy, it got damaged on her birthday so would like to get it sorted asap..

Not the land of smiles at the moment..

Thanks 

My wifes cousin, before retirement, was a Mr Big at T-P. Waiting time at T-P was huge and he recommended the paint shop in the next Soi ... T-P have their own paint shop.

Those two prices were for similar jobs....

You will need to visit to get a quote...after any holiday the queue will be longer ...much longer !!!! if we still have the phone number I'll post it later ...

If it is only a chip consided getting 'some expert' to sort although maybe your wife would not be happy .......

Edited by JAS21

30 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

My wifes cousin, before retirement, was a Mr Big at T-P. Waiting time at T-P was huge and he recommended the paint shop in the next Soi ... T-P have their own paint shop.

Those two prices were for similar jobs....

You will need to visit to get a quote...after any holiday the queue will be longer ...much longer !!!! if we still have the phone number I'll post it later ...

If it is only a chip consided getting 'some expert' to sort although maybe your wife would not be happy .......

Thanks.

That's clear...

Number would be great, but we will also pop over today to get a price.

I think we may have had the first quote above from the main Isuzu paintshop over near bangna.

Many thanks..

1 hour ago, wood said:

Thanks.

That's clear...

Number would be great, but we will also pop over today to get a price.

I think we may have had the first quote above from the main Isuzu paintshop over near bangna.

Many thanks..

V-R road is very busy  DO NOT miss the turn into the Soi ...could be an idea to turn into Tri-Petch by mistake ...then exit and immediately left into the Soi ...

It is a lady who runs the place...if she says difficult to match..yes but you did a good job on my friends V-Cross a few years ago.

Sorry ... I will never understand MrsJ's phone filing system ...apparantly nor does she ....

Edited by JAS21

125 views, but only 1 adviser that confidently suggested a credible place for quality repairs.

This seems to be the holy grail in Bangkok for expats since it would appear there is apprehension to place the repair of our vehicles in the hands of an unknown entity.

I understand this perfectly well.

So, I have collected the Mux this weekend and am extremely pleased with the result-  a perfect job.

BIG thank you to JAS21 for pointing me to this place.

You are a gentleman.