Suzuki GSX-R 150

damole

Engine may be good  upgraded Raider with Liquid cooling higher compression ratio more horses

but why more weight ?

Suzuki Raider  95 KG

5a8a6b217b864_FU150SCp34.jpg.1f7ff93c0fa35f8716e721f46a21a684.jpg

Suzuki FXR ( not sold in Thailand )  Raider Engine with higher compression and bigger carb 118 KG

5a8a6af2d3cef_racingzonne(5).jpg.508f74c2ef287940130c91aaa06d7e92.jpg

GSX 150R   130 KG

GSX-S150.jpg.73e184d358de73b9f8252143e8bd95ca.jpg

Just now, DLang said:

A light 400cc twin to fit between the CBR/Ninja300/R3 and the CBR500 and 650's could be nice.

Yes light and not stupidly expensive would be nice too

Recently I saw a  Honda CB650F and  Yamaha MSLAZ 150  parked next to each other 

virtually identical in size (not weight) 

thought perfect size for me...onto the Honda big wing page   288,000 baht  or  6400 UKP at todays horrible exchange rate...errm maybe I'll make do with my 150 for a bit longer ....

5a8a6e4a07db6_P_20180126_173930(Large).jpg.1d9ceed755087c9154488ae1345ad5a9.jpg

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DLang said:

A light 400cc twin to fit between the CBR/Ninja300/R3 and the CBR500 and 650's could be nice.

Ninja 400 @ ฿196K to ฿205K fits into that slot nicely.

But as far as the 150 class is concerned, I would take the Suzuki GSX-S150 over the MSlaz or the CBR for myself.

All of my previous Suzukis have been absolutely bullet-proof.

It's just a shame that Suzuki shops are not as easily found as Honda and Yamaha shops, particularly up here in the NE.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Issanman said:

Suzuki shops are not as easily found as Honda and Yamaha shops

Yes thats true.

You can get Suzuki parts from forum sponsor  Sumet Cycle  and a place called Suzuki Nano motors in BKK   02-8742993-4  090-3087742

1 hour ago, Issanman said:

But as far as the 150 class is concerned, I would take the Suzuki GSX-S150 over the MSlaz or the CBR for myself.

150cc is new big market Siam.

This Suzi looks very nice.

Best looking of the bunch IpHA.

Is price known?

But USD/beefy forks be way good.

//MSlaz//

& add ABS, way gooder.

//top CB150//.

;-)

Suzuki 150.png

I have a 10 year old CBR150 which I still love but feel it might be time for a new bike.  I've always been a fan of Suzuki as I was eight when Barry Sheene won the world championship on a Suzuki so my first bike in the UK was a DR650 which came from watching Kickstart on BBC.

mycbr150.JPG.f31dd5181a69678e54d31e1657037c6c.JPG

GSXR150_red.jpg.e08a80b7a7f0b811886d70bca2b8a6b9.jpg

I'm in Chiang Mai so I guess there must be a dealer somewhere.

Edited by damole
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

I can recommend this Suzuki shop in Bangkok

http://www.motorcyclesbangkok.com/new.html

This is one of the very few Suzuki shops which are authorized sellers, part and service (see Suzuki WWW).

The boss Chatree speaks fluent English.

I bought my Raider 150 there about 4 years ago. I am very happy with their service and their prices.

Yeah, I have seen quite a few around Pattaya and Sri Racha. They are massively outnumbered by Yamaha R15's though. Thais often express concerns about Suzuki build quality and component quality saying they don't last. I don't know if these concerns are justified.

On 2/19/2018 at 5:10 PM, damole said:

I have a 10 year old CBR150 which I still love but feel it might be time for a new bike.  I've always been a fan of Suzuki as I was eight when Barry Sheene won the world championship on a Suzuki so my first bike in the UK was a DR650 which came from watching Kickstart on BBC.

mycbr150.JPG.f31dd5181a69678e54d31e1657037c6c.JPG

GSXR150_red.jpg.e08a80b7a7f0b811886d70bca2b8a6b9.jpg

I'm in Chiang Mai so I guess there must be a dealer somewhere.

Sadly I sold mine, but the 2005 CBR 150 R... rocked..

• 2 weeks later...

I found them at Saha Panich, they didn't have the red one in the showroom but said they have it in stock.  I preferred the GSX-R to the GSX-S when I saw them for real.

Today I was in the Kawasaki showroom getting distracted by a red Z250SL.  A bit more money but I guess a much better bike.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, damole said:

I found them at Saha Panich, they didn't have the red one in the showroom but said they have it in stock.  I preferred the GSX-R to the GSX-S when I saw them for real.

Today I was in the Kawasaki showroom getting distracted by a red Z250SL.  A bit more money but I guess a much better bike.

I just looked at pictures of the Z250SL. Look nice apart from that huge exhaust.

So many choices out there...

To buy it  you just need money....to register it in your name  ( assuming your not Thai) you need passport and "certificate or residence"  or "Yellow book" or work permit to show your address  that's about it I think...

9 hours ago, damole said:

Does anyone know what documents I would need to buy a new bike?

Money alone and you are out of the showroom on your new bike.

The dealer may not have sold to foreigners before and possibly you need to guide them through the very simple process.

You will need to give them a copy of your passport with copies of all relevant pages (visa, entry stamp, etc.) (that's the ID) and a certificate of residence letter which you get from your local immigration office (that's proof of address). Where are you in Thailand? Ah, Chiang Mai. I don't know how much you need to pay for it, but you will have to pay for it there. It's 300 Baht from Pattaya. Some Land Transport Dept.'s may accept yellow book or work permit (if you have one) as proof of address.

The dealer will then submit these to the Land Transport Dept and get your bike registered.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Money alone and you are out of the showroom on your new bike.

The dealer may not have sold to foreigners before and possibly you need to guide them through the very simple process.

You will need to give them a copy of your passport with copies of all relevant pages (visa, entry stamp, etc.) (that's the ID) and a certificate of residence letter which you get from your local immigration office (that's proof of address). Where are you in Thailand? Ah, Chiang Mai. I don't know how much you need to pay for it, but you will have to pay for it there. It's 300 Baht from Pattaya. Some Land Transport Dept.'s may accept yellow book or work permit (if you have one) as proof of address.

The dealer will then submit these to the Land Transport Dept and get your bike registered.

You seem to know the details. Maybe you also know the following:

What are the rules about driving the bike without license plate while you are waiting for the registration?

I just bought a bike and it took about a month for the dealer to get the registration done.

Since I have the bike I use it without license plate, like anybody else. But maybe there are rules what is allows and what not. One person mentioned driving in the dark is not permitted without number. But I wouldn't call that person an expert. Any info?

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

You seem to know the details. Maybe you also know the following:

What are the rules about driving the bike without license plate while you are waiting for the registration?

I just bought a bike and it took about a month for the dealer to get the registration done.

Since I have the bike I use it without license plate, like anybody else. But maybe there are rules what is allows and what not. One person mentioned driving in the dark is not permitted without number. But I wouldn't call that person an expert. Any info?

Yes, there are rules about driving at night time and driving out of province. There is also a law saying you must get your bike registered in a certain time limit, (30 days?, I think it used to be 90 days?) These are not often enforced but I can't guarantee you won't pick up a small fine from a zealous cop. Usually the dealer will give you a red plate (temporary plate), however this is often not done these days.

The most important thing is to carry the documents showing you just bought the bike, the receipt, etc. and tell them you are waiting for the dealer to complete registration. If they get funny, tell them to phone the dealer. They normally can't be bothered and just give up.

You also have to carry your driving licence of course.

I just got back from the Kawasaki dealer in Chiang Mai.  They would like the residence certificate but were quite happy for me to buy the bike and go get the certificate after within the 30 day grace period.  If fact they were postively enthusiastic about this idea. ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, damole said:

After not too much thought I decided to go with the Kawasaki.  It gets excellent reviews and the upright riding style and extra power decided it for me.

Z250SL_ABS.jpg.a0f5d68163e9cbd88071ac7956013068.jpg

Looks good!

I think there are many good bikes out there and there will always be something which is a little better or worse on one of the others.

If you like it, buy it. There is no point overthinking this.

5 hours ago, damole said:

After not too much thought I decided to go with the Kawasaki.  It gets excellent reviews and the upright riding style and extra power decided it for me.

Z250SL_ABS.jpg.a0f5d68163e9cbd88071ac7956013068.jpg

I think Z250SL is the one cylinder, smaller brother of Z250,  but it has ABS which is a big plus. I read pillion seat a bit uncomfortable for long ride...! Small and nibble it says in reviews... Have fun.