How to get my laptop sent to me from home (USA) without paying absurd 80% custom fees?

WRG34

On 2/21/2018 at 2:26 PM, Dario said:

Here is an update which could interest many people here.

For the first time I ordered from Amazon in the US, I ordered the laptop I gave a link in this post this week Monday March 5 at around 12:00 noon. Apart of the published price of $629.24, I was charged $34.30 for shipping to Thailand and a deposit of $54.06 for customs clearance (VAT). The laptop was dispatched the next day via UPS and it has already arrived here today Friday at around 13:00, it was delivered by Kerry Express. I did have to pay the VAT, which surprised me, since I had prepaid it already to Amazon. No problem, I paid. Minutes later I contacted Amazon customer support , they guy apologized for the mishap and asked me to send him a photo of the invoice I paid. After he received and looked at it, he said: OK, we'll refund you the $54.06 you paid. You should have the refund within 3-5 days on your credit card account.

Woaw, what can I say? What a service! What a fast delivery! Four days from the moment I ordered until it arrived at my home. From America. So, anyone wants to order something from Amazon USA, don't hesitate, you don't have to bother anyone from your family, Amazon gets lower shipping rates. It cost me 1'107 Baht to ship it here from the seller's warehouse in PA, USA right to the sticks in the deep Isaan where I live. Imagine, only 1'107 Baht. 

Edited by Dario

Just got a message from Amazon.com that my refund has already been processed! Only about 3 hours after I asked them to refund me the customs clearance charges I had prepaid. Amazing company! No comparison to Lazada Thailand ...

9 minutes ago, Dario said:

Just got a message from Amazon.com that my refund has already been processed! Only about 3 hours after I asked them to refund me the customs clearance charges I had prepaid. Amazing company! No comparison to Lazada Thailand ...

A few days ago i received something that i ordered on Lazada, but the item was not as described. I made a return request on the Lazada website. After about an hour i got an Email that i don't have to send the item back (just 400THB, so probably not worth it, Amazon does the same if the item has a low value) and that they sent the money to my bank account.

So i can't complain about Lazada yet.

Edited by jackdd

5 minutes ago, jackdd said:

A few days ago i received something that i ordered on Lazada, but the item was not as described. I made a return request on the Lazada website. After about an hour i got an Email that i don't have to send the item back (just 400THB, so probably not worth it, Amazon does the same if the item has a low value) and that they sent the money to my bank account.

So i can't complain about Lazada yet.

Thanks for your input Jack. I didn't really want to complain about Lazada, I order a lot from them. When anything goes wrong, I have a Thai contact at support, I always send a copy to Lazada's CEO since I know him. This always helps. I ordered this week again for around 18'000 Baht from Lazada, 2 x SSD drives 512 GB each, they have arrived at my home already, another item comes from abroad, so maybe next week.f