Non-O Multi (marriage) London

Just considering my visa options.

My existing non-O multi expires mid-March, I'll be back in the UK for several weeks in April so logical option is to apply for a new multi non-O whilst I'm there. I've only previously obtained visas from the Birmingham consulate, sadly no longer with us, can someone confirm I can make a postal application to the London embassy.

From what I've read all that's needed is as follows:

• my passport
  • completed application form (x2)
  • passport photos (x2)
  • copy of Thai marriage certificate (signed by wife)
  • wife's tabian bahn (signed by wife)
  • postal order for £125 made payable to "The Royal Thai Embassy" with passport number written on back
  • self addressed return envelope 'Track & Trace' prepaid

As far as I can see I don't need to include evidence of funds.

Alternatively, I've got to go across to Malaysia (KL) early in March, so could detour via Penang and renew my multi-O there, but it's an unnecessary detour if I can readily renew via post whilst in the UK.

Did my NON O in person at the Royal Thai Embassy in London  last August, No need to sign documents just gave a copy of Marriage certificate and wifes passport, completed form, passport photos x 2.....plus payment,  no other documents are required.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stocky said:

Thanks. London postal it is.

It is very quick by post, I did one last Aug, posted by 3 pm on a Monday and it was back Wednesday. You must use the Royal Mail Special Delivery service, think the envelope was £8.50 and they get collected at 3pm.

I don't think you can use a prepaid return envelope these days, I have done that in the past, but current instructions are to add £10 for return postage.

"Each applicant must enclose self addressed envelope and pay an extra £10 on top of the visa fee to cover the return of passport"

Please send the documents by Royal Mail Special Delivery (You can track the delivery
status via Royal Mail: https://www.royalmail.com/trackyouritem
(https://www.royalmail.com/trackyouritem)).
The embassy will not be held responsible for lost /
stolen / damaged document. It is recommended to use the stamps to send and return rather
than a franking stamp from the post office as franking stamps will limit the date of posting.
Visa and postage fee must be paid by Postal Order made payable to: The Royal Thai
Embassy. Please write down the applicant's name and passport number at the back of the
postal order.

• Like 1

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 6:23 PM, Stocky said:

My existing non-O multi expires mid-March,

I'll be back in the UK for several weeks in April

Alternatively, I've got to go across to Malaysia (KL) early in March

If your crossing into Malaysia to get your last 90 day entry, have you considered applying for a 60 day extension to your current 90 days at your local Immigration office. (1,900 baht).

This would negate the time and expense of crossing into Malaysia and see you through until you depart in April.

Edited by Tanoshi

I got a visa in London in September (no need for bank statements).  The odd thing is that I went there in person hoping to hand over my application and then have it sent back to me, but was told if I wanted it posted to me I had to post it in.  If you apply in person you have to pick it up in person. 

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...
On 20/02/2018 at 9:59 AM, sandyf said:

It is very quick by post

Indeed it was.

Posted it at the weekend so as to arrive Monday morning in London, I got my passport back with my multi-O yesterday, Wednesday.

• Like 1