Sqatters Rights

welshboy454

My wife has just over one rai in another locality 250km away. We do not use the land but plan to move there in a few years time. A neighbour has planted banana trees and  grows some vegetables there - no payment involved as he keeps the land from becoming jungle. Are there any rights he can claim ?  if so what timespan is involved ?  Many thanks.

if she has complete chanote in her name probably no problem   anything less then who knows who will suddenly lay claim   quite often  even close family  suddenly figure have a stake in it   i suggest as soon as possible get it sorted and get the boundary clearly marked  and fenced

10 years with evidence, a garden is little evidence. You need to be concerned about anything built at cost, such as sheds, shacks, salas, plumbing, cess pools, walls, etc, those types of permanent structures can qualify for damages if removed forcibly, the 10 year rule would also be negotiable somewhat, since people can just lie. Personally I would be careful about the garden too, most land owners prefer jungle on unused property.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

This is a little concerning to me because we bought 2 rain a couple of years ago and built a house on this land. Is there a land tax that we have to pay yearly ? I wasn’t aware there was such a tax. How can we find out if there is tax due on our land ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

So I researched this land tax thing last night and came up with the following .... if you bought the land and built a house and you stay in that house, then you don't need to pay any tax. Only if you use the land for commercial purposes do you need to pay tax. Got me going there for a bit ! whew ...

• 1 month later...
So I researched this land tax thing last night and came up with the following .... if you bought the land and built a house and you stay in that house, then you don't need to pay any tax. Only if you use the land for commercial purposes do you need to pay tax. Got me going there for a bit ! whew ...
Not sure that's 100% corect. We have 20 odd rai of fallow land that we have to pay tax on. Its not much, but still due.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant