Retirement Visa And Bank Account Requirement

2 hours ago, Tom Bang said:

April 2014 and i brought my pasport and my phonenumber , also the adres of the house i stay. I don`t rent but live in with my wife. Girlfriend at that time.

The 'That was then, this is now' post of the day award goes to...

18 hours ago, buick said:

have you been able to open an account since your initial post a few weeks ago ?  if so, please post the bank name and branch so others may benefit from your experience.

I have not. I have an appointment 19 March. Should know more then and can post.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I went to BKK Bank on 2nd Road North Pattaya to open a Foreign Currency and savings account. I have OA visa and 12 month rental agreement. Went to immigration to get the residency letter requested by BKK bank to open the account. Immigration at Jomtiem said i needed a letter from the bank requesting the residency letter. Back at the bank "no have such a letter". They then said, and i talked to two different staff about opening the accounts, that if i purchased accident insurance for 5,900 baht yearly premium then i could open the accounts. Every desk had the insurance details and price on an A4 laminated sheet. Commision on selling insurance seems to circumvent the rules. I preferred to set up with BKK Bank but i might look at Krungsri who just want a copy of passport ID page and $500USD in AUD. I visited Krungsri at Central Festival Pattaya recently and was impressed with their customer service regarding their clear explanation of my enquiry, and no insurance being pushed.

Edited by oztraveller