Visa For my baby's mum to the uk Help.

You'll need to provide TV members with much more information... 

i.e. Are you married? are you just visiting the UK together or planning to live there full time? Do you earn more than the minimum income to support a non-British Citizen?....  there is much more to it and people can't offer help until you present a better example of your circumstances.

There may also be a number of other threads on this subject....  by using the search function you may find something useful.

Thai gf. Normally means not married.

Not sure if it's easier to do when not married and doubt it is.

Believe you need a minimum of 1 years proof of income for a salary of not less than £22500/24000? And current employment/income of that minimum also.

This is to ensure you have means to support your dependents.

The other way is to have £65000 in the bank to prove the same thing.

I know it sounds unfair but I do not believe you can just get your family home permanently very easy so I suggest you look into this a lot more before taking any steps to try to do it if that is your aim.

Good luck with it.

48 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Believe you need a minimum of 1 years proof of income for a salary of not less than £22500/24000? And current employment/income of that minimum also.

The amount he is required to be earning is minimum £18,600 per year or using savings would require £62,500. A combination of salary and any savings held above £16,000 could also be used.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Fish Head Soup said:

The amount he is required to be earning is minimum £18,600 per year or using savings would require £62,500. A combination of salary and any savings held above £16,000 could also be used.

I heard the 18600 was based on a wife only dependent  and the higher figure 22500 was Based on more than 1 dependent. If correct about the 16k that's good to know and not something I read before.

4 minutes ago, Fish Head Soup said:

His child is a British citizen so is not subject to UK immigration law and as such their is only one dependent (the girlfriend) in the eyes of the UK home office. To satisfy the financial requirements for a settlement visa he will need to be earning a minimum of £18,600 per year, or have savings of £62,500 in the bank for the past 6 months. Or using a combination of both salary and savings, but only savings held above £16,000 can be used. So for example if he held £26,000 in savings only £10,000 of these savings could be used to meet the financial requirements, hence the £62,500 figure. As the visa is valid for 2.5 years it is worked out at £18,600 x 2.5 + £16,000.

Gotcha and good examples on the figures. So he can apply for a settlement visa and providing he meets financial requirements he stands a good chance?

5 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Gotcha and good examples on the figures. So he can apply for a settlement visa and providing he meets financial requirements he stands a good chance?

He really needs to set out his circumstances to get some advice that fit his personal situation, there are other ways to meet the financial requirement than those I stated.

He also needs to prove suitable accommodation, legitimate and ongoing relationship, she needs to have a TB test, she needs to pass English language test.

He needs to give some information before he can get any help from people here

Edited by Fish Head Soup
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fish Head Soup said:

He really needs to set out his circumstances to get some advice that fit his personal situation, there are other ways to meet the financial requirement than those I stated.

He also needs to prove suitable accommodation, legitimate and ongoing relationship, she needs to have a TB test, she needs to pass English language test.

He needs to give some information before he an get any help.

Understood. I was interested myself but not planning on going back. Some good info. My Mrs has no degree, no job for last 3 years, we got a 1 year old we have a legitimate relationship and can prove it based on rental contracts over 3 years, birth certificates, photos, cash transfers. Her English is very good as is her written English but I reckon she'd hate the place. But you never know what's round the corner so gotta put some plans in place. Thanks for the info.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You'll need to provide TV members with much more information... 

@Chrisatky As Richard has pointed out, you really need to give us something to work on, otherwise members are going to assume what your girlfriend is wanting to do, some of the advice given is based on the theory that she wants to settle on the UK.

So come on give us a clue, does she want to visit your home in the UK or does she want to live there, the requirements and procedures are very different?

• Like 1

If the aim is to live together in the UK then, even though you have a child together, to qualify as your unmarried partner you and she need to have been living together in a relationship akin to marriage for at least the past two years. If you haven't been, then in order for her to settle in the UK you will have to marry so she can apply as your spouse.

N.B. She cannot apply for settlement as the mother of a British citizen unless you totally abandon both her and your child and she is, therefore, the sole carer of the child.

Of course, if the aim is to visit then there is no such requirement: but she will need to show that her intention is to just visit and not use a visit visa to enter the UK with the intention to remain with her British partner and child once her visit visa has expired. If you live together in Thailand then your immigration status there will help with this.

As others have said, for more detailed and specific advice we need to know more.

Edited by 7by7
  • Like 1