May wants EU citizens to stay after Brexit

webfact

May wants EU citizens to stay after Brexit

2018-02-21T131254Z_1_LYNXNPEE1K16W_RTROPTP_4_BRITAIN-POLITICS-MAY.JPG

Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May leaves 10 Downing Street in London, Britain February 21, 2018. REUTERS/Peter Nicholls

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May said on Wednesday she wants all European Union citizens lawfully living in Britain to remain after Brexit in 2019 and promised a streamlined system for them to register to be able to stay.

"They've made a huge contribution to our country, that's why we want them and their families to stay. I'm absolutely clear that EU citizens living lawfully in the UK today will be able to stay," May said in parliament.

"It's going to be a digital system, it'll be streamlined, it'll be user friendly, and it will ensure that this is as simple and as easy a process for people as we can provide."

(Reporting By Andrew MacAskill; Editing by Alisair Smout)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-02-22

The problem now is that this government have lost all credibility and it is hard to believe anything they say.  Mixed messages and U-turns every day.

After Brexit we will be worse off, one way or another.  It is just damage limitation and that is proving to be very divisive 

• Like 1

I tried to report someone overstaying their visa today, they are staying based on marriage to a EU citizen who is working in the UK. Actually this is all a front for a smuggling ring working out of Hungary. Anyway.. I don't have proof for what the husband is doing. So I thought if the wife is out the husband might be encouraged to leave. I have proof for the wife's overstay. Firstly, I  couldnt find a number to call to report any immigration issues for any reason other than calling the police. Then when I went online to do it.. They wanted more information about me than the offender.. !!! What BS!! Then May wants to keep these guys in my country.. No thanks. Let's just hit the reset button and see what happens.

• Like 1