Thailand to declare IUU-free Thailand

webfact

Thailand to declare IUU-free Thailand

iuu.jpg

FILE photo

BANGKOK, 23 February 2018 (NNT) - The Spokeswoman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bussadee Santipitak, said the Thai government will declare the policy of Thailand being freed from Illegal, Unreported, and Unregulated (IUU) fishing. 

In moving towards IUU-free Thailand, the country has built upon the reforms of all dimensions undertaken during nearly the past three years. The works include the reform of legal framework and implementing regulations, the fisheries management limiting the fishing license issuance in compliance with the quantity of aquatic animals, the fleet management putting control over fishing vessels of all sizes and types, the monitoring, control and surveillance through port-in and port-out control, installation of vessel monitoring system, and daily inspections at seas, as well as the development of traceability system for catches from Thai-flagged vessels and foreign vessels. 

To make the international community recognize IUU-free Thailand, Thai authorities will continue working on the development of the Thai catch certification system to be in compliance with international standards, while ensuring that workers on the fishing vessels are legal and protected under the universal principle. 

In addition, Thailand will join hands with the European Union (EU) for the system development, and with other flag states in verifying that the source of aquatic animals is not related to any illegal fishing activity. Thai officials have already started holding talks with other countries on this issue. 

Thailand's preparation for the IUU-free Thailand declaration is another step along the government’s path to ensuring the sustainability of the fisheries sector in the long run, and to mobilize the fisheries reform to be continuously carried out regardless of the change in the administration.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-02-23

So declaring something makes it so?

Hmm, interesting...

Got to be worth a try...

lets see...

I hereby declare the following:

I am immortal,

I am your wrathful god,

I am the ruler of all I see,

I am truely magnificent in all I say and do,

My prowess is beyond compare,

Watch and weep, as you view my majesty, pitiful mortals. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

So declaring something makes it so?

Hmm, interesting...

Got to be worth a try...

lets see...

I hereby declare the following:

I am immortal,

I am your wrathful god,

I am the ruler of all I see,

I am truely magnificent in all I say and do,

My prowess is beyond compare,

Watch and weep as you view my majesty pitiful mortals. 

I really dont think you should post Little P s  morning mantra he might get cross and we wouldnt want that and the inevitable song being written would we?

Edited by poohy
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...