Transport frequency to Buri Ram to be increased for Moto GP

rooster59

By The Nation

Transport Minister Arkhom Termpittayapaisith said more flights, buses and trains will ply to and from Buri Ram from early October for the Moto GP 2018 race.

Arkom said it was expected that some 200,000 fans will travel to the northeastern province to watch the races from October 5 to 7 hence frequency of transportation will be boosted for their convenience.

Arkom was speaking to reporters while visiting Buri Ram on Friday to inspect readiness of transport facilities for the world event.

He was received by Buri Ram Governor Anusorn Kaewkungwal who briefed him on the preparations so far.

The governor said more than 4,000 rooms at hotels and resorts have already been booked.

The governor said many tourists had to book hotels and resorts in nearby provinces.

Arkom said the Transport Ministry attached great importance to the first Moto GP sports event in Thailand, to be held at the Buri Ram racing stadium.

He said his ministry would ensure adequate and safe public transport for tourists.

Repairs on some roads to Buri Ram will also be speeded up, he added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30339605

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-24
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jaiyen said:

They expect 200,000 fans to turn up for the GP !!  What crap.  Even the Dutch GP doesn't get anywhere near that amount.  I think they have put an extra nought on the real figure.

Well they had 75,000 for the super bikes last year.........

• Like 1

8 hours ago, leeneeds said:

From 2000 - 16000 baht a ticket depending on where and which stand, you would prefer , travel and accommodation very quickly it will become an expensive weekend, that I plan to do next year, 

As soon as I heard it was on, I thought I am definitely going (travelling from Australia, girlfriend in Chum Pae, Aussie mate lives in Buriram) Looked on several accommodation sites, all booked out. I get the feeling some are block booked for packages. So I thought I will wait until I see the packages, but I think I like your idea better, wait the first year out to see how it goes. A mate that lives on Samui does a package to the Malaysian MotoGP every year, so it will be good to see the comparison.

• Like 1

By The Nation

Transport Minister Arkhom Termpittayapaisith said more flights, buses and trains will ply to and from Buri Ram from early October for the Moto GP 2018 race.

Arkom said it was expected that some 200,000 fans will travel to the northeastern province to watch the races from October 5 to 7 hence frequency of transportation will be boosted for their convenience.

Arkom was speaking to reporters while visiting Buri Ram on Friday to inspect readiness of transport facilities for the world event.

He was received by Buri Ram Governor Anusorn Kaewkungwal who briefed him on the preparations so far.

The governor said more than 4,000 rooms at hotels and resorts have already been booked.

The governor said many tourists had to book hotels and resorts in nearby provinces.

Arkom said the Transport Ministry attached great importance to the first Moto GP sports event in Thailand, to be held at the Buri Ram racing stadium.

He said his ministry would ensure adequate and safe public transport for tourists.

Repairs on some roads to Buri Ram will also be speeded up, he added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30339605

thenation_logo.jpg&key=45c3cfd2ab4166f39e45e0effa38883351f609c80e3d701fdeba5fd778f0d97e -- [emoji767] Copyright The Nation 2018-02-24
all very nice to say 200,000 visitors but with 75,000 it was packed, have they put in more viewing points?, will there be any programs? only allowed to view from 2 small grandstands
having said that last years WSB was great. food and drinks at a reasonable price, easy parking (if somewhat chaotic) good atmosphere

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, longgone said:

all very nice to say 200,000 visitors but with 75,000 it was packed, have they put in more viewing points?, will there be any programs? only allowed to view from 2 small grandstands
having said that last years WSB was great. food and drinks at a reasonable price, easy parking (if somewhat chaotic) good atmosphere

Just a thought, re what looks like an inflated visitor figure. In common with other race meeting attendance figures, this estimated 200,000 is most probably for the 3 days of the event, during which there will be other races which, at reduced ticket prices, will attract a fair proportion of the total attendance. Maybe the split, across the 3 days, could be something like 60,000 on day 1; 60,000 for day 2 and 80,000 for the big Sunday race.

On 2/26/2018 at 8:27 AM, longgone said:

I went to the winter test, there were three stands in use, the grandstand plus two side stands. They are also adding a Rossi stand and a Marquez stand for the actual race. Parking was very limited on the Saturday with no officials doing any organising, it was left to drivers to sort it out for themselves. There were large spaces left unused that could have been opened up for parking, hopefully that won't be the case in October. More food tents than I've seen at previous superbike events which is good but still not really enough with almost no seating available in the food tent. The biggest disappointment for me was the lack of information regarding who was out on the track and what sort of times they were returning. They have a digital screen opposite the grandstand which they didn't use, surely they could have put names and lap times up on that? The stadium announcer didn't seem interested in doing any sort of commentary regarding who was out on the track with the exception of naming Rossi, Marquez and Pedrosa, don't think anybody else got a mention.

A more worrying aspect was the lack of any medical staff (and I'm not an HSE fan) for the public. On both the Saturday and the Sunday, they had a problem with people passing out in the grandstand. They had staff wearing vests that marked them as security who tried to help but they couldn't even move the people from their seats, they had to stand around waiting for them to recover sufficiently enough for them to be helped down the stairs.   

• Like 1

On 2/25/2018 at 11:36 AM, mikebike said:

Yep, we are in Surin...

So am I.

Booked a room close to the track through Agoda for the winter test, when we got to the hotel we were told there was a problem with the booking and they had no room for us, I wonder how many others will pull that trick for the actual race weekend?