Singapore Consulate

Hi

Anyone have recent experience getting a SETV?  I did a search on TV but nothing recent coming up.

What documents did they request and was it next day collection?  I have read the Thai Consulate (Singapore) excellent website and I'm just looking for personal recent experience reports.

Much appreciated

Moved to here.

The embassy in Singapore (it is not a consulate) has a reputation for turning down tourist visa applications if you have been here in the country before going there for the visa.

They will tell you that you have to be out of the country for 90 days to apply for a tourist visa.

I have seen no recent reports of them issuing a tourist visa. Perhaps since they started the online visa application people are denied before they even get there.

Its all vetted online before you personally handover the hardcopy application form now. They are VERY VERY strict. The online part will say certain items like proof of finances are optional and then their online vetting will say its needed. So give that part a day or 2 just in case to allow for the possible back & forth negotiations. My advice is to forget Singapore. If you MUST, then pass the ONLINE part first before going to Singapore. You will need images of all the documents and get them uploaded into their web form. Once thats approved, get everything printed out and submit at the Embassy on a weekday morning. Then its usually picked up the next working day afternoon subject to final approval. The lady at the Embassy was grumpy as hell and if you have a history of STVs, they warn you about only spending 90 days in 180.  They CAN reject you at the window during submission and they can reject you after that too. I printed my form direct from their website and for some reason the last line of the form was cut off by the printer which I hadn't noticed ( maybe something to do with A4 or Letter format ). The lady at the window refused to accept it and refused to let me re-write on a blank form which they had there. It MUST be printed from the online version. Luckily she took all the other documents and told me to go and re-print it and return before lunchtime and she would accept the submission. I ran around Orchard Rd trying to find a print copy shop. The high end hotels will do it for you if you have the PDF file but you have to bend over $S5. I found a small shop that did it for 50c. So I went back, rejoined the queue, waited for the same lady to be free and she accepted the submission. The fee must be in cash S$ and exact amount. She gave me a receipt and told me to come back tomorrow to collect if the online status said Approved. Sometime that day the status changed to Approved, so I went in the next afternoon to collect.

Never again.... HK is much more laid back, friendly and fast. The staff at Singapore appeared very aloof and anti-tourist. One young lady asked if she could get someone else to collect the next day. She explained she had taken a day off work already and couldn't afford to take another. The embassy lady had no sympathy. Her attitude was "Tough sh*t, I don't make up the rules". Reminded me of my headmaster ...

• Like 2

Have recently got a tourist visa in Penang,  the onward ticket is what you need to show,  the confirmed flight out of Thailand  and the travel agent wanted  the e-ticket with payment details. Don't need to show your funds. It cost 190 ringgits to get your tourist visa through an agent. But I was asked to pay  additional 1500 bahts, and it had to be in Thai currency.The travel agent from "Banana" ( the name of the agency)  said a visitor from my country must pay an extra fee to get a visa , but I think  she  charged me more   because I must have a visa to enter Thailand,  no visa exempt possibility. So I paid, short time stay in Penang, first believing the agent the agent is correct. But later I checked with another agency "Jim's place" , and was told they wouldn't charge  me anything more than 190 ringgits.  So ,good to recommend  Jim's place , better than Banana.

Anyway, got my visa, took 1 day, and apart from being ripped off, all was fine. And Penang is a pleasant place to visit, relaxed and food is very good

• Like 1

On 2/25/2018 at 10:38 AM, ubonjoe said:

Moved to here.

The embassy in Singapore (it is not a consulate) has a reputation for turning down tourist visa applications if you have been here in the country before going there for the visa.

They will tell you that you have to be out of the country for 90 days to apply for a tourist visa.

I have seen no recent reports of them issuing a tourist visa. Perhaps since they started the online visa application people are denied before they even get there.

Hi sent you a private message but not sure if you got it

hi UbonJoe

It took 3 days to be reviewed and I am being advised - Please print the applications form and bring support documents to submit at Thai Embassy in Singapore during office hours 09:15am - 11:30am

I attached flight In and Out of Thailand along with a recent Bank Statement.

Are you aware of anyone having problems after this stage?  I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks