Video: Tourist has just two words (repeatedly) for cabby who won't turn on the meter

webfact

13 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

As usual, no idea what you are rabbiting about.

I asked a question.

You cannot and could not answer it so you resorted to your usual nonsense.

However, perhaps you should have considered this quote

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.” 
― Maurice Switzer

Wasn't that Mark Twain?

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Why would you even report it when on a holiday? Aren't there other things way more important than looking for problems? 

yes, I personally wouldn't bother but many people have an active ego that wants to be right, so rather than react with the driver report it, easy, then they can grow another two feet, I showed him.

• Like 1

Some taxis in tourist areas won't use meters - that's their business model. They're not supposed to do that, but this isn't Singapore and I doubt anyone wants it to be. The next taxi will be along in 5 seconds in any case.

Perhaps the guidebooks should just inform tourists better.

11 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Another British chav in Bangkok.

Holding the traffic and making everyone wait in line because his sorry behind was offended.

There are better ways to deal with this.

What an epic loser.

Only he sounds Australian to me. 

But why let the truth get in the way of your rant?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

No.... whether it is fair or not, the situation in the real world is that it doesn't matter if it says 'Taxi Meter' on the roof or not - the reality is its the driver's choice whether to use the meter.

It's you that's not living in the real world.

Go try and get a better version of reality, before you talk to me again.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Elreeco said:

Wish  I was as hard as him......

Practice a few hours a day in front of a mirror like Robert Deniro in taxi driver. Only change the words to FY instead of ' are you looking at me ? '

Worked for him.

3 hours ago, lvr181 said:

It doesn't matter how 'tough' the little guy is (and this guy is bigger than your average Asian), likely he is going to lose................... :coffee1:

bouncer.gif.4b0404e91b0761e9517929fe609f1ab9.gif

The 'haymaker' didn't work against the 'short jab'. He's gotta lot to learn.

Not necessarily, the falang in the video below is by far the biggest male in the bar and also thinks he is some kind of tough guy:

Edited by Air Smiles

1 hour ago, norrska said:

Wasn't that Mark Twain?

So many quotes attributed to Twain are apocryphal. Here's what Twain had to say on stupid:

“He was endowed with a stupidity which by the least little stretch would go around the globe four times and tie.”

Funny I got banned from posting for 24hrs by a moderator for using the f word and here they (TV) are posting a youtube clip with that very word.

Quote: "This is a family oriented forum, use of profanity is not welcome on this site." 

As for the post the bloke saying f.., wait I can't say the word, but followed by you and proceeded by ...., oh! there I go again, was on thin ice indeed. 

p.s. youtube George Carlin - usage of the word........ Yes that's right I'm not allowed to use the word because ......

Quote: "This is a family oriented forum, use of profanity is not welcome on this site.":sorry::wink::biggrin:

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1

Funny I got banned from posting for 24hrs by a moderator for using the f word and here they (TV) are posting a youtube clip with that very word.
Quote: "This is a family oriented forum, use of profanity is not welcome on this site." 
As for the post the bloke saying f.., wait I can't say the word, but followed by you and proceeded by ...., oh! there I go again, was on thin ice indeed. 
p.s. youtube George Carlin - usage of the word........ Yes that's right I'm not allowed to use the word because ......
Quote: "This is a family oriented forum, use of profanity is not welcome on this site.":sorry::wink::biggrin:

In 3,2,1,,,
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Matt96 said:

not at all. I never ever start a conflict intentionally, try my best not to provoke people. but if nevertheless they loose control and start to slur - I punish.

Your repeated advertisements of "punishment" are boring. People who follow your philosophy sometimes encounter that one guy who is just tougher and quicker to act and more extreme. I suggest some maturity in these matters 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, laislica said:

Hmmm, but that might be construed as damaging the good name of Thailand,

fines and Jail may follow using the computer crimes act or Art 44 or.....

But yes, otherwise, how would a tourist know what to do/expect etc.

In my early days in Thailand, my wife stopped me from shouting abuse at the selfish drivers/riders who very nearly killed us!
I didn't believe her, I thought she was showing Thainess but after reading many threads here, She was/is right.

Be like Three Monkeys and stay safe.

In Thailand, life is cheap and expectancy not that high either.

In 2014 my 19 yr old step son was murdered in one of those college gang fights.

The police did nothing, except to say that it's normal here and Thai people seem to accept it.

It's a crazy place where you should always stay alert and Never wear your Holiday head!

Sorry to hear about your wife's and your loss. Same happened here a few times and it will happen again. People should think twice if it's worth to end up in a graveyard, or a wheelchair...

It's much better to enjoy the nice temples here..................

Edited by jenny2017
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From Sukhumvit Soi 11, it is less than 200 baht (not including toll) to get to Suvarnbahumi Airport using the meter. Taxi drivers just don't want to do it for that. 

I rend to try not to tell Thai men to <deleted> off. I did, however, tell the bag boy at a hotel in Bangkok to <deleted> himself after he said he had a "connection" for  a taxi for me for 1000 baht.

5 minutes ago, FarangJon said:

And one day when that guy will say again f.. u to a thai guy he will ve a knife in his chest or a bullet in his head. He dont know anything about the easy to get mental thais

Most stories about Thai men are fallacies,  Usually good thai people stop the bad ones as any good people in any Country do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thongkorn said:

Most stories about Thai men are fallacies,  Usually good thai people stop the bad ones as any good people in any Country do.

I ve spent 3 years in Thailand. Ve seen enough.

No any stories, they can get very easy mental.

The girls as well.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Wiggy said:

This is a tricky situation. Do nothing, and the problem might increase as the resistance becomes less. Do something and risk a baseball bat in the face and/or ten others joining in.

yes right, I have this dilemma several times and I pay the price but no tip. And make sure he know that I do not like him....(who cares).

14 hours ago, AsianAtHeart said:

It is wrong to believe that every slight should be returned in kind.  True greatness does not come from serving justice to every offender; it comes in being gracious toward others, compassionate of their needs and problems, sensitive to their circumstances, and in having courtesy and respect toward all while exercising restraint of one's naturally selfish passions.  Moreover, there is greater honor in defending someone else than in defending oneself, just as it is better not to toot one's own horn.  In this case, the driver who exercised restraint in not doing unto others as they had done unto him shows himself the greater.

And here was me thinking the driver was just a coward.

4 hours ago, Thongkorn said:

THis is a lie. More than likely, your argument with a Thais man will end up with other thai men coming over to attack you. Good Thai or bad Thai, it is NEVER one-on-one when you fight a Thai.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, soistalker said:

From Sukhumvit Soi 11, it is less than 200 baht (not including toll) to get to Suvarnbahumi Airport using the meter. Taxi drivers just don't want to do it for that. 

I rend to try not to tell Thai men to <deleted> off. I did, however, tell the bag boy at a hotel in Bangkok to <deleted> himself after he said he had a "connection" for  a taxi for me for 1000 baht.

Its more like 300 to 325 plus tolls

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Matt96 said:

no. it's right.

want to offend somebody? get ready to pay. dont' want to pay? shut up.

it comes exactly from here. Christianity with its idea of forgiveness was created to make slaves obey easily. that's why it was so popular among Roman nobility.

he says "<deleted> you" and you say - be compassionate to him! may be he is in a bad mood!

I dont care of his feelings at all. he offended me therefore he will suffer.

the problem of modern wenst is that leftist lobbies force people to think too much about other poeple feelings

this so called "honor" is just a manipulation. it's beneficial for the society to force(by manipulation) strong people to defend weak ones.

but it's not beneficial for those who are manipulated.

G `day Mat 

I think you might watch a bit too much Hollywood action flick . 

Who do you base your philosophy on ? Clint Eastwood , Chuck Norris  or Steven Segall ? 

Keep on picking fights and one day you will end up with a knife in your belly or an iron bar to the back of your head . 

The notion that you can fight and defeat anyone who insults you is delusional . 

It only takes a small amount of force to the jaw to render even the biggest toughest man unconscious .  Keep fighting . You will learn 1st hand . 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Hi kwai fun said:

G `day Mat 

I think you might watch a bit too much Hollywood action flick . 

Who do you base your philosophy on ? Clint Eastwood , Chuck Norris  or Steven Segall ? 

Keep on picking fights and one day you will end up with a knife in your belly or an iron bar to the back of your head . 

The notion that you can fight and defeat anyone who insults you is delusional . 

It only takes a small amount of force to the jaw to render even the biggest toughest man unconscious .  Keep fighting . You will learn 1st hand . 

I think king leonidis said that.....

Or was it thor?? 

Or achilles?

Or jean claude van damme?

• Haha 2