Twenty U.S. states sue federal government seeking end to Obamacare

webfact

9 minutes ago, Wrong Turn said:

The ACA was a noble attempt but it didn't work. 

Hopefully someday something will exist to make affordable healthcare available to all people. 

It was a noble attempt at enriching healthcare and pharmaceutical companies and at that it succeeded very well.

• Haha 1

The Affordable Care Act has done nothing to reduce the cost of healthcare in the US.

Cost of service is the real problem with US healthcare, not insurance.  Insurance does nothing more than shift and spread this high cost among a larger pool of people. Service providers (hospitals, clinics and doctors), pharmaceutical companies and insurance companies are still receiving the same high levels of revenue as before the ACA. The only thing that that the ACA changed is who's paying for it.

Like so many of the major problems facing the US, we're hesitant to identify and address root causes. Instead, we tend to treat symptoms rather than eliminate the problem. The ACA has done absolutely nothing to make healthcare more "affordable". 

Any governmental solution that doesn't address the cost of healthcare is destined for failure.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DrDave said:

Like so many of the major problems facing the US, we're hesitant to identify and address root causes. 

So true. Everbody thinks they've got something to protect and their views on just about anything are seen through that distorted lense.  Dylan said it best:

"Yes, my guard stood hard when abstract threats too noble to neglect
Deceived me into thinking I had something to protect"

• Like 1

i think its a legal issue.
as a kid one of the first things i knew about USA is that i should get there and throw myself in front of a car
and then get a few millions in reward. later on i've been contemplating just pouring some coffee on myself and say it was hot and get money for that.

a doctor in US has to pay a lot of money on insurance to cover legal cases when being charged,
and lawyers crawling all over them self working to find a hole in the doctors cover,
did he prescribe the most costly solution to the health issue ? or was he just cheap ?

i think insurance companies & lawyers add an awful lot to the medical cost in US, sort of a middle man for no apparent reason

Edited by poanoi
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, poanoi said:

i think its a legal issue.
as a kid one of the first things i knew about USA is that i should get there and throw myself in front of a car
and then get a few millions in reward. later on i've been contemplating just pouring some coffee on myself and say it was hot and get money for that.

a doctor in US has to pay a lot of money on insurance to cover legal cases when being charged,
and lawyers crawling all over them self working to find a hole in the doctors cover,
did he prescribe the most costly solution to the health issue ? or was he just cheap ?

i think insurance companies & lawyers add an awful lot to the medical cost in US, sort of a middle man for no apparent reason

Except for an annual mammogram for my wife and daughter, no one in my family has used our healthcare insurance in the past three years. Still, we receive 2-3 pieces of mail from them EVERY WEEK! They are clearly trolling for business because the first 20 grand's on us ($47k really, including premiums). Parasites.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

It was a noble attempt at enriching healthcare and pharmaceutical companies and at that it succeeded very well.

It was a noble attempt to provide healthcare for Americans without the pharmaceutical and insurance companies going all NRA on the situation.   Remember those companies have deeper pockets and greater vested interests than the NRA.   

7 minutes ago, Credo said:

It was a noble attempt to provide healthcare for Americans without the pharmaceutical and insurance companies going all NRA on the situation.   Remember those companies have deeper pockets and greater vested interests than the NRA.   

The NRA, healthcare companies and pharmaceutical companies haveonly as much power as Congress chooses to give them. Congress gives them all a pass on a great many things. Lobbying has the highest ROI of any investment class.  Hey, here's one:

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/media/releases/study_suggests_medical_errors_now_third_leading_cause_of_death_in_the_us