Handling aggressive dogs on foot?

Hal65

I'm venturing further out onto the back roads of East Pattaya. Dogs at night seem to get much more hostile and aggressive and I have been in tough spots in the city. Having a pack emerge from a farm area at night, no one around at all, would sound like hell.

How do you guys deal with dogs on foot? I have heard pepper spray is effective, but also that it is illegal in Thailand. I guess that would rule out biking with a staff as well.

Just as a matter of coincidence.

This morning I went out on my bike (cycle) for the first time in over a month but with a small 4" x 4" Bluetooth speaker for playing music though my Phone, the volume is quite good!

Anyway this is where the big surprise comes in!

When I rode past the usual bunch of barking and semi aggressive dogs whilst music playing from the BT speaker  (Quite loudly) there was not one response from any of the many packs of dogs that normally let me know that I am on their territory.

I was so surprised that when I came to a certain pack with one particularly nasty cur that always like to try to intimidate me that didn't even manage an interested look, I turned round and went back to see if He would take the bait as it were, not a whimper never mind a growl or bark.

Maybe you can explain it, maybe they are so used to noisy music that they didn't think I was a problem, anyway I will be experimenting again on the next ride 

• Like 2

Just as a matter of coincidence.

This morning I went out on my bike (cycle) for the first time in over a month but with a small 4" x 4" Bluetooth speaker for playing music though my Phone, the volume is quite good!

Anyway this is where the big surprise comes in!

When I rode past the usual bunch of barking and semi aggressive dogs whilst music playing from the BT speaker  (Quite loudly) there was not one response from any of the many packs of dogs that normally let me know that I am on their territory.

I was so surprised that when I came to a certain pack with one particularly nasty cur that always like to try to intimidate me that didn't even manage an interested look, I turned round and went back to see if He would take the bait as it were, not a whimper never mind a growl or bark.

Maybe you can explain it, maybe they are so used to noisy music that they didn't think I was a problem, anyway I will be experimenting again on the next ride 

Ah Yes, Elvis Presley singing 'You ain't nothing but a Hound dog' works every time.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Play Suburbia by the Pet Shop Boys to them, the chorus goes 'Let's take a ride along with the dogs tonight, in suburbia...'. Of course in the song he's talking about English women but the dogs won't know that.