Website builder application?

wrazoru

Any suggestions 4 any alternative or competing apps to MOBIRISE? ... I'm looking at rebuilding a website and I have previous basic coding experience but from a few years ago with Dreamweaver

Or even better the best app which does the same thing?

Probably the only thing I don't need might be a SHOPPING CART, mainly because I'm creating it for products that has variable pricing for the same product depending on the options unlike a single tangible product with a fixed price.. or shouldn't I be thinking that?

... the main reason why I chose Mobirise, is because the application just spits out a folder with all the files on your desktop which I can just upload via FTP. 

I couldn't find another website builder that does this, except the likes of WIX, Squarespace, Weebly, as they all seem to keep the files on THEIR SERVERS... and there is no mention of how to acquire the files to manually upload to our own hosting servers

Have a look at pingendo, pinegrow, boostrap studio, and http://templatetoaster.com/.

Some of these can import a template for your customization. Of course you can buy a good template w/ multiple pages and customize the HTML, CSS, and JS using an HTML editor.

If you need a CMS, use Wordpress, Joomla etc. with a pagebuilder.

Edited by JSixpack

If you need a CMS, use Wordpress, Joomla etc. with a pagebuilder.

Yep,

I'd really recommend looking into a CMS .

And many shopping carts will handle your requirement of listing "products that has variable pricing for the same product depending on the options".

May you take a look at https://ampps.com

AMPPS is nothing else as just a local Web-Server and Freeware as well. Unlike other local Web-Servers, AMPPS has more than 400 Scripts ready to install and use. 

You could just create a new Website or Web Application etc., and test them via your Web-Browser on your local machine, before uploading them to the Internet and get them online. On that way, you could just see that what you have created will work as it should, add some more, change Layout or whatsoever, until you're happy with the result.  

The support from AMPPS is excellent and they're working very fast. If needed help would also be given online directly via Skype, Team Viewer or so free of charge. 

By the way, behind AMPPS is Softacoulous a very well known company. Check that out.

• 1 month later...

I think that Magento will be the right choice. There are a few reasons:
- it's completely free to install, modify and use. You can also get a lot of extensions, like review extension or free gift or magento copy category to update your website and get new features;
- it was created specially for e-commerce stores;
- it's fully scalable, it means that the platform grows with your business.

I think the choice is obvious :)