Arsenal

MiG16

midweek prediction arsenal 4-0 swansea

i hate too admit it is arsenal and spurs for the title

i think the fox's bubble will burst

Way too early to count anyone out as this is the business end. NLD next weekend is rather big now. As for Leicester, they were lucky to get anything out of their last game and we look fitter and with more momentum. Big test of everyones character now with Arsenal who arguably should be the strongest looking very flakey.

Didn't see the goons match but haven't read anything complimentary.

Didn't see it, so my blood pressures ok. On a flight back to Bangkok at the time.

Thought we would get at least one point out of that. Not too early to write us off in my book

Edited by SantiSuk

Didn't see it, so my blood pressures ok. On a flight back to Bangkok at the time.

Thought we would get at least one point out of that. Not too early to write us off in my book

Sorry Steve but Chocog's post is spot on, and the Amy Lawrence report had it in a nutshell.

Noi, my partner and ardent ManU fan, was getting as frustrated as myself and couldn't understand why we, Arsenal, weren't "getting out of first gear"

A crying shame .. made even worse by the Spuds victory.

Right; it's 1.30PM Monday and I'm going to hit the Jacobs Creek before the kids get back from school

Watch it on someone else's telly lest you find an innate desire to throw something at it.

biggrin.png

I have always admired Wenger for many things he has achieved at Arsenal but it is truly time he moved on.

To say ,post match, that his team were committed is laughable and embarrassing.Walcott and Sanchez were totally AWOL and others not far behind them, Gabriel had a shocker.With that United back 4 they should have cut them to ribbons

Why not just say we were not good enough on the day,some players were not up for it.No way was that team committed. Even Uniteds younger brigade made them

look pedestrian at times. I truly thought Arsenal would go all the way this season,seems I am wrong and not for the first time.

• Like 1

Food for thought......

Ozil, having having been utter crap unit this season, finally starts serving up michelin star service!!

.........sadly to steak and chips strikers... sad.pnglaugh.png

Edited by carmine

I think Wenger may walk away if he gets any more abuse this season.

The way it's going, Mourinho would still be available!

blink.png

Seriously though, if Wenger did hang up his high heels, who would you replace him with who is suitable and available? Perish the thought but it could go all tits up like it did for Liverpool and more recently to United when RedNose retired. It would be the end of an era with big footwear to fill, as it were.

Yep; I've been an Arsene supporter for a long while now but his post match interviews are getting a bit mike Steve Kean's 4 years ago everytime Blackburn were beaten

With respect, Wenger's always been a sore loser and a hypocrite at post match interviews.

Yep; I've been an Arsene supporter for a long while now but his post match interviews are getting a bit mike Steve Kean's 4 years ago everytime Blackburn were beaten

With respect, Wenger's always been a sore loser and a hypocrite at post match interviews.

With respect, **** off carmine.

biggrin.png

Although yes he is a sore loser.

I just wish the bloody players were too!

• Like 1

biggrin.png

Sorry about that. I'm on a bit of a high as "Sky Pundit" Paul Merson has just predicted us to lose 3-1 against West Ham. whistling.gifw00t.gif

biggrin.png

Sorry about that. I'm on a bit of a high as "Sky Pundit" Paul Merson has just predicted us to lose 3-1 against West Ham. whistling.gifw00t.gif

Surprising, he's been busy having a dig at Wenger again. Never got over being farmed out to Boro.

Mind you, I'd like to know if he's had a punt on that score!

Whoever replaces Wenger (whenever that is) will unfortunately have to be someone who will live with the requirements of our owner. That means I guess that Pellegrini would be perfect - able to take a brief not to be an outrageous spender and don't take risks with my money.

I would love to get Simeone but that cocktail of a Spanish* firebrand and a crusty old American ain't gonna fly in a million years.

Those who have been on the threads longer than Chic may have spotted that I have been far less acerbic about the prof in recent years. That's partly because I recognised that there was no way anything would be done about him anyway, but mainly because I don't think he is the real problem.

Chic may have more of the backstory than I do that nay says my hip-shot conclusion from a passing reference I read on the plane coming back here, but I thought it quite pointed that a Saudi investor has sold out of his 20% Arsenal stake and put his money and then some into developing Everton with Kenwright. I wouldn't bet against Everton becoming a bigger club than us in the medium term!

*Spanish speaking that is. Haven't checked which spanish-speaking nationality he is!

Edited by SantiSuk

Yep - just poor memory on my part. Same same but different. Wealthy guy prepared to splash out for the love of football rather than the love of investment (at least that's the way The Independent (think it was) seemed to write him up.

Maybe I'm over-reading it - that he couldn't see things changing much at Arsenal. No doubt Chic with his network of Gooner contacts will dismiss that as fallacious idle musings with a typical one-liner. The Independent passed no comment on the Arsenal aspect of his moves.

Edited by SantiSuk

END OF AN ERA

Why's that then? Did you not see all the other results?

Porous midfield, that first goal was way too easy.

Ramsey offers us nothing defensively and should not be playing in the middle of the park.

Time for Mo and Le Coq to anchor midfield.

• Like 1

No I had not actually. Was waiting to see the matches on replay but after watching the Arsenal game (this morning - could not be @rsed to get up at night having watched the dismal performance at OT yesterday) I had to have a peek after posting.

Still think we have no chance and no deserving case. Absolute $hite all of 2016 except for the very odd OK result like Leicester. I see no sign that the team has the nous to find the net enough times to win this thing. Only won 2 of the last 7 home games and you think we can win a title Chic? I put the odds at about 10 to 15%