Arsenal

MiG16

I cant find tonight's game on any of the TV channels??????

not another 2 hours of internet pleaseeeeeeee

grrrrrr

oh doh, wait

late kick off

I found it now :)

looks like lotsa alarm needs to be set

Good one hazri

not so easy on my heart but in the end

Arsenal 1:0 Liverpool

great birthday gift for my brother

and something that made me smile for first time in more than 2 weeks

yayyyyy

Good one hazri

not so easy on my heart but in the end

Arsenal 1:0 Liverpool

great birthday gift for my brother

and something that made me smile for first time in more than 2 weeks

yayyyyy

Get a haircut and donate the proceeds to Arsene Transfer kitty ... purr purr :)

Funny to see the quickly taken free-kick so synonymous with Henry come back to bite Wenger.

Poetic justice aside, it did seem awfully unfair - not the awarding of it, but the manner in which it was allowed to be taken.

The Arsenal defence were fast asleep and tucked up in bed.Campbell was the only player trying to get back to defend the free kick and he was being blocked by the referee! On reflection,though,Falcao thinking was as sharp as a tack in the way he took the goal.

Funny to see the quickly taken free-kick so synonymous with Henry come back to bite Wenger.

Poetic justice aside, it did seem awfully unfair - not the awarding of it, but the manner in which it was allowed to be taken.

Agreed and he raised his hand only after it was taken. Same guy who allowed the "Henry goal" against ROI. Stand by for more cockups in S.A. :)

Agreed and he raised his hand only after it was taken.

Porto have a habit of making their way through the competition on the back of dubious play - who can forget the year when Mourinho took them to the final? (Man United fans will never) - so i hope the Gunners give em a good old pasting in the second leg.

Didn't get my prediction right this time. :)

Campbell was superb. The 2nd Porto's goal wasn't his fault, IMO. One Fab was good, the other Fab was a flop. In the end the score is Fabianski (2) - (1) Arsenal.

Amazing to see Campbell back in action.

Surprised to see how well he played.

Maybe his team's best (or one of them) player in the match.

Weird to see Arsenal not being able to put 3 passes together.

Unusual many wrong passes.

Fabregas was more on the deck than on his feet.

Being tackled and falling, touched and falling, and finally just good old falling (cheating).

He started to get obsessed with the idea of getting the other players being issued yellow cards.

Sad to see such an amazing creative player doing this.

If he had played his usual game Im sure Arsenal actually would have won this game.

Fabianski's flop overshadowed Campbell's fantastic comeback. He played very well, communicated with his team mates, made some key challenges, scored a goal, and played a full match. I hope we'll see more of Campbell for the rest of the season.

The talk of Fab moving back to Spain has been on for years now. And yet he stays at Arsenal season after season. So, I'm quite sure Fab's gonna stay put next season. With Chamakh possibly joining next season, VP recovering from injury, next season should be another good prospect for title race for us. But I sure hope Wenger sell Fabianski to someone. Or even offer him for free!! :)

no one else ever says anything when we win???? :)

but after all these years, does that still surprise me?? :D

Arsenal 2:0 Sunderland yyayyyyy, finally something to smile about after my rough week

Great result.

I'm talking of course about the Man C v Liverpool game! 0-0 and deservedly so. God what an awful match - can't remember seeing so many missed passes in a game at any level of the Premier League. Even the referee was <deleted>, ducking a sending off for the dirtiest player in the League (Mascherano) and laughably yellow-carding Torres for a fair shoulder charge (thereby handing the Reds an unwarranted fine).

Not much to worry about from those below us - until Villa or Everton wend their way up into 4th

Edited to add: this thread has madeit to page 50. Congratulations Mig (since I see u started the thing) :)

Edited by SantiSuk

Ill go out and celebrate my 50th then shall I :D

(needs any excuse to celebrate these days)

but, why are you talking about Man City Liverpool on this thread? :)

and no mention of Arsenal!! that in itself is grounds for detention you know :D

When I say 'us', I mean Arsenal and the point of the posting, which I thought was on topic, was to say Arsenal are unlikely to come lower than third given the relatively poor quality of the teams in the race for 4th.

I can see now how it could be read to mean that I am a Man C and/or Liverpool supporter and was talking about those below Man C or Liverpool.

:)

Horrible to watch the tackle on Ramsay - I recommend you look away at about the 75th minute if you are watching a replay. The television companies X-rated it and would not show action replays - good for them. It looked mistimed rather than deliberate (i.e. no red card, but the lad would have wanted to go off anyway - you could tell from his tearful reaction that Sawcroft is no animal).

You wouldn't get the shock horror family reaction (Vermaelen and Fabregas visibly stressed) to a bad injury to a family member if it were Chelsea or Man City playing - too busy thinking about their own next contract and how they look on telly. You would from Liverpool and possibly from Man U. [Why is it I dislike Man U a little much less than normal this season - must be the re-birth of Rooney as a solid citizen and no Ronaldo!]

Lucky we got a penalty - couldn't see us breaking through up until then, despite our dominance. Penalty was dubious - I thought it was accidental handball as they mostly are at such short range - but the unpunished subsequent push on Bendtner was the clearest penalty seen this season, so justice was served in the end. Strange how referees balance up their judgments using afterthought analysis sometimes.

Arsenal are still not quite champion-like, give it a season or two. But the other two are so prone to gaff games and the sub-set of Man C, Pool, Spurs, Villa and Everton are good enough (to take points off Chelsea and Man U) to make this likely to be a season to savour right through to the end.

I'm not sure about Nasri. He runs round a lot and looks busy in midfield but a lot of his final ball goes awry. Good game from Eboue and Song - in fact there were no duff games by Arsenal players yesterday.

Edited by SantiSuk