Arsenal

MiG16

Well this comment from Debuchy is the nearest I've seen to a signing so far.

"The France star confirmed his move to the Emirates immediately after Les Bleus 1-0 defeat to Germany in the World Cup quarter final yesterday.

Speaking to a French reporter he said: "Yes, I will be joining Arsenal for next season.""

It's not about the money says 150k per week Sagnacheesy.gif - it's the new challenge. Wassup Bacary, need some free time on City's bench to get your Candy Crush score up?

Could be a nice deal if the debuchy transfer goes through. City get to pay 150,000 a week for a 31 year old bench warmer and we pay 12 mill and considerably less than that per week (70k-80k? I'm guessing) for the 27 year old.

I don't get why Man City gave him that much money if that wasn't important to him. City of Manchester - hub of lame excuses for incoming footballers tongue.png

We get an international for free and just have to pay his wage. Don't see any bad business in that as it's saved us a heap in transfer fees and that money stays in the bank.

Bless you MrBo you keep trying it on don't you.

You're latest 31-year old benchwarmer is going to cost you nearly 22 million over three years (and, I'll guarantee, some points, since he's not the sharpest tool in the box). Why do you think we got him for 7 mill? Wenger was looking for a cheap, experienced full back. You've got an expensive OAP. Fkinell, he wasn't fast when we first signed him, bless him. AND: You are the only ones dumb enough to pay that player that amount of money.

biggrin.png

Edited by Chicog

He went further than us in the WC. Nuff said

So did just about everybody else!

Hello bigbamboo

Funny that You should pop up here.

No danger of the old Brazilian guy seeing the final at the Maracana then.

Stick it.

looks like sanchez is on his way. no doubts he's a Class act.

wonder who's on his way out the. door? Santi. and tbh i.would have thought other positions were more urgent, but.as i.said class act and probably one not to be turned down, reckon it might take a season to settle with the prems'physicality ' though.

He went further than us in the WC. Nuff said

So did just about everybody else!

True enough. Probably cos we had Arsenal's "homegrowns" in the squad tongue.png

Don't forget to blame Rooney now....where's sharecropper to shoulder some blame?

looks like sanchez is on his way. no doubts he's a Class act.

wonder who's on his way out the. door? Santi. and tbh i.would have thought other positions were more urgent, but.as i.said class act and probably one not to be turned down, reckon it might take a season to settle with the prems'physicality ' though.

Of the current complement of forwards, Bendtner has already gone, Sanogo (striker no 3 - doesn't impress me enough to stay in the squad yet) can be loaned out and Joel Campbell (Costa Rica) will return from loan with Olympiakos and may get a squad place if his pre-season goes well. If not he gets loaned again or Wenger cashes his chip while he is hot. So noone definitely has to be sold. If Sanchez does arrive and if Wenger decides he still needs another forward then I would guess Podolski would be the sacrificial lamb.

I'm not convinced by Joel, but that's only based on one full World Cup game (highlights only watched of his other appearances) and one Olympiakos performance where he scored a great goal but seemed lightweight otherwise (against a suspect Man u defence as well!). Wenger will obviously have a better view.

Ideally I would have wanted Benzema as the front man with Giroud. I doubt that will now happen. I'm happy Balotelli seems to be a non-starter and can't see where another classy but sub-galctico striker will emerge from, even though there is still scope in the budget. Mandzukic?

The score on requireds so far, including strong rumours is:

Goalkeeper No 2 (essential replacement to Fabianski) - not yet identified - Casillas latest strong rumour (I'd be happy with that if he's not expensive). Unlikely to be spending more than 10 mill (say 5 to 10 mil)

Right back (essential replacement to Sagna) - apparently Debuchy all but signed - 10 to 12 million

Defensive midfielder (essential replacement to Arteta) - Kadhira from Real - strongly rumoured at 20 to 25 mill

Centre back (nice to have even if Vermaelen stays) - no news - say 5 to 10 mil

Forward - Sanchez? - 32mil

Another forward? - scope is at least 30 mil if 10 mil is raised from potential player sales of Podolski and Vermaelen

All still mostly rumours though, but things seem to be moving in the right direction. It would have been nice to have landed a galactico striker but Suarez and Balotelli are flawed, Aguero, Ibrahimovic, Falcao, Cavani, Reus are not going to be released by their clubs and Jovetic and Lewandowski have just moved! Anyone I missed apart from Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar and van Persie?

^

Makes sense. thumbsup.gif

But the inescapable fact is, much to the apparent dismay of chicog is, Arsenal will need to spend money.

facepalm.gif

Huh? You'll have to get up a lot earlier than that to reel him in.

I'm doing my best to reel him out.

But will he ever let the 'money buying success' and the 'source of City and Chelsea money' thing go away.

No. facepalm.gif

I have sympathy for chicog's dislike of the Lazio-Roma fan war.

Fan support for Brazil clubs is on a different level. As is the country's unique approach to the game.

P45.

Fan of a small club in Fulham.

But will he ever let the 'money buying success' and the 'source of City and Chelsea money' thing go away.

No. facepalm.gif

Fan support for Brazil clubs is on a different level. As is the country's unique approach to the game.

P45.

Unfortunately P45 Brazil no longer have a "unique" approach to the game. They've been kicking their way to whatever success they've had since Dunga was the manager.

No. facepalm.gif

P45.

Unfortunately P45 Brazil no longer have a "unique" approach to the game. They've been kicking their way to whatever success they've had since Dunga was the manager.

Rigorous tackling was introduced by the Europeans.

The role of football in national culture remains unchanged.

No. facepalm.gif

P45.

in the national culture ,, yes, but on the professional football field unfortunately jelly dogs right. And Rigerous tackling introduced by the Europeans,,, really,,, i make u so wrong on that one mate, think Uruguay 66 and could be traced all the way bac to an old mates grand father http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Monti arguably the first defensive midfielder and probably b4 that

No. facepalm.gif

P45.

Brazil has a wonderful approach to football and yes, it is unique. Which is exactly why i have found it so depressing seeing this Selecao's thug like approach. Its not what Brazil football is supposed to be. scolari's only tactic seems to be to tell them to kick lumps out of the oppositions best players.

Mind you, am i the only one thats taken aback that a football mad country with a population of 200m cannot come up with anyone better than Fred and Jo?

No. facepalm.gif

P45.

Sorry, wrong on both counts.

Please define rigorous tackling?

Edit to say sorry chaps, i didn't realize how off topic this had gone!

Edited by carmine

Thank God for that, it's just the shape of the shirt, the real colours are behind.

Press Conference to launch it at 11am, although rumours abound that they might have a new player or two modelling it of course.

Can't see it myself.