Arsenal

MiG16

Go away!

I'm not letting you wind me up

Well actually on that note, stay. I know it's horrible on that other north London place :whistling: and you need somewhere to escape from that misery :D

Better you wake up fresh than tired and knowing you were thrashed 3-0.

I think smokie is the sorcerer :D

score was indeed 3 nil :D

the other way! :D

those that might have missed the game, or have short memory..

Wolves 0:3 Arsenal

Better you wake up fresh than tired and knowing you were thrashed 3-0.

I think smokie is the sorcerer biggrin.png

score was indeed 3 nil biggrin.png

the other way! biggrin.png

those that might have missed the game, or have short memory..

Wolves 0:3 Arsenal

Wheels still firmly on. Had to look twice when I saw the table - 5 points ahead of Spurs, how did that happen. I only see 4 points we might lose in the absence of a slump, which is certainly not out of the question. Dangerous stuff and no doubt I will be laughed out of court by the true results, but my predictions are:

Arsenal Wigan W; Chelsea D; Stoke L; Norwich W; West Brom W. 10 points (3rd place) Italics = playing Away

Spurs QPR D; Blackburn W; Bolton W; Villa W; Fulham W. 13 points (4th place)

Chelsea Arsenal D; QPR W; Newcastle W; Liverpool D; Blackburn W. 11 points (5th place, up one)

Newcastle Stoke W; Wigan W; Chelsea L; Man City D; Everton D. 8 points (6th place, down one)

The Newcastle predicted points surprised me, but they do have the worst run-in by a distance - Chelsea and Everton Away plus Man City at home; even Wigan away is no banker - yuk.

The Arsenal v Chelsea and Chelsea v Newcastle ties are key to the final outcome. Wigan have a chance to spike wheels of 2 clubs if their relegation avoidance miracle is to unfold.

If Spurs beat QPR away, and given that I don't see them dropping any points in their final 4, it will make the 3rd place run-in really nail-biting (unless we vanquish Chelsea).

Edited by SantiSuk

I can see Newcastle beating Chelsea and really taking the game to them.

QPR fighting relegation and the ability to stay on Asian screens reminding us to book Air Asia may surprise us yet.

Wouldn't count 3rd yet as it's around this time that Wenger starts making inexplicable team selections that have you dancing with impotent rage as the slide down the table commences. (Squillaci) is still injured isn't he!!!

I must say I'm really impressed with the Football Forums lack of tribalism and foul diatribe in comparison to UK Forums (and indeed much of the rest of ThaiVisa) and the obvious knowledge coupled with restraint of the proponents found in the ones I read. I joined TV 2007 and read quite a bit before then but tis only with the new App that I'm getting to appreciate the finer nuances of the members etc...

I can see Newcastle beating Chelsea and really taking the game to them.

QPR fighting relegation and the ability to stay on Asian screens reminding us to book Air Asia may surprise us yet.

Wouldn't count 3rd yet as it's around this time that Wenger starts making inexplicable team selections that have you dancing with impotent rage as the slide down the table commences. (Squillaci) is still injured isn't he!!!

I must say I'm really impressed with the Football Forums lack of tribalism and foul diatribe in comparison to UK Forums (and indeed much of the rest of ThaiVisa) and the obvious knowledge coupled with restraint of the proponents found in the ones I read. I joined TV 2007 and read quite a bit before then but tis only with the new App that I'm getting to appreciate the finer nuances of the members etc...

It's a bit daft being tribal when you're 11,000 miles away. Dunno about the others, but when I'm back in the UK I'm a real animal:-).

Don't mention Squillaci - he sneaked onto the bench last week against Wolves. As it was Arsene had to field that naive yoof, Djouro. There is no plan B at Centre Back if Vermaelen or Koscielny can't play (Mertesacker won't return from injury this season. Koscielny should be back tonight after his one match ban for accumulated yellows.

With only one match a week to play (unfortunately) there is no need to experiment, but who knows what Arsene might have up his sleeve. He does need to keep trying out Carl Parkinson at full back - I'm not impressed by Gibbs in that position (too attacking and not quick enough or intuitive enough in getting back) and Santos looks a bit iffy to me too. Coqelin and Diaby are coming back into training this week.

Gervinho might be back tonight (80% per Wenger). Benayoun did ok against Wolves, but that was the worst team in the division, so I hope Rosicky starts.

That was a scary start for us

Less than 10 mins and we are 2 nil down

But looking on the bright side - it leaves more time to recover

Vermalen managed to get one now

And lools like the team can focus again!!

The second Wigan goal sure woke me' up!

n

Told you Santos was suspect. Wigan's second was a good goal from them but the first? Where the hell was our left back? I think high line repeatedly played by Arsenal full backs is completely the wrong strategy to play until you have established some kind of dominance. No point you looking frustrated with the players coach!

Frustrating second half ahead I suspect. Get Oxlade-Chamberlain on quick Arsene - he's a much better tight defence player than ,who has hardly touched the ball

n

Told you Santos was suspect. Wigan's second was a good goal from them but the first? Where the hell was our left back? I think high line repeatedly played by Arsenal full backs is completely the wrong strategy to play until you have established some kind of dominance. No point you looking frustrated with the players coach!

Frustrating second half ahead I suspect. Get Oxlade-Chamberlain on quick Arsene - he's a much better tight defence player than ,who has hardly touched the ball

From the first minute of the second half we've looked no more like scoring than my dead granny!

Yes Smokie - we have to win this one to get third spot. Only one point out of the next two fixtures now (probably a defeat to Chelsea and a draw at Stoke, rather than as I had it).

I see four teams chasing two spots now Santi....much of it will come down to who wants it most.

Wouldn't put a bet on any game now really. Its going to be an almighty scrap for all of us.

Entertaining despite the inevitable multiple heart attacks!

I see four teams chasing two spots now Santi....much of it will come down to who wants it most.

Wouldn't put a bet on any game now really. Its going to be an almighty scrap for all of us.

Entertaining despite the inevitable multiple heart attacks!

Not sure it's who wants it most - more like who is the most professional, dedicated and focussed. Edit: same thing I guess. This situation is where you need a top quality manager to make those telling tweaks and motivate the team. Neither Wenger or Arry seem to qualify!

Our lippy (yes Carmine gob$hite is apt) goalkeeper said it all about Arsenal's lazy spirit of over-confidence. He tweeted yesterday that the other teams should look out for Arsenal winning the title next year.

$hit for brains some of these footballers.

Edited by SantiSuk

Yeah I don't see any of us hitting top form at the moment. Chelski will suffer for their midweek exploits as well. Newcastle have a tough run in.

If only we could begin to find some form but our geriatric centre of defence is costing us big time now...

Arsenal Chelsea L; Stoke D; Norwich W; West Brom W. 7 points (4th place, down one) Italics = playing Away. Blue= changed view

Spurs QPR D; Blackburn W; Bolton W; Villa W; Fulham W. 13 points (3rd place, up one)

Chelsea Arsenal W; QPR W; Newcastle W; Liverpool D; Blackburn W. 13 points (5th place, up one)

Newcastle Stoke W; Wigan W; Chelsea L; Man City D; Everton W. 10 points (6th place, down one)

Maybe a bit kind to Spurs - probably there is an away loss in there somewhere! Still can't see Newcastle pulling more than a point from Chelsea plus Man City

Edited by SantiSuk

Here we go again

We lose one game and we have our vey own santi writing the team off

So we play Chelsea. And just cos they beat a certain other team recently :whistling: doesn't mean we should already give up without a fight!!!!

Here we go again

We lose one game and we have our vey own santi writing the team off

So we play Chelsea. And just cos they beat a certain other team recently whistling.gif doesn't mean we should already give up without a fight!!!!

post-4641-1156694005.gif

Migsy ^ Santisuk^ biggrin.png

Just a different approach to supporting Migsy. Did I say we should or would give up without a fight? Anyway my pessimism has stood us in good stead for the last 4 months.

[Yes - I think this is a different Chelsea from the one we faced earlier in the season].

It's ok santi, you are forgiven :whistling:

(and yes I do it too.....try not to say too much just in.case it might jinx the team) but there are times when such tactics dont work either :P

Sighhhh

But you know.....I read the first three pages of this thread last night and while I may sound like a broken record since as far back as 2007 :lol:

The team is doing quite ok despite all the hurdles we have had