Arsenal

MiG16

Yeah - I had forgotten about him. A timely reference Chicog - Mirror reports today:

"Swedish midfielder Kallstrom, 31, who joined Arsenal in January despite having a back injury, is nearing match fitness. Kallstrom even has an outside chance of making the squad to face Everton in Saturday's FA Cup tie after telling the Swedish FA's medical staff he is 'close to being fit'."

Recovery time to Tuesday night's Munich visit is tight for the likes of Art and Flam; even so - 'close to being fit' wasn't a criteria for even warming a bench when I was a lad.

One of Arsene's weirdest signings of my supporting timetongue.png

Edited by SantiSuk

Dirty cheating Stoke c***ts.

Doesn't make up for the officials cheating us, does it?

"Stoke City's Charlie Adam will serve a three-match suspension with immediate effect after an FA charge for violent conduct was found proven," said an FA statement.

"The incident with Arsenal's Olivier Giroud, which was not seen by the match officials but caught on video, occurred during the fixture between the two sides at the Britannia Stadium on Saturday 1 March 2014.

"Adam had de

I believe this lad now has the required paperwork. The more I see him, the more he looks ready.

Bloody 'ell. Just went on Arsenal.com to track down your mystery striker Chicog (can't guess at the clubs from their three letter representations).

Anyway - headline news there is that Wilshere has been sidelined for six weeks rehab + recovery due to hairline fracture in small bone to the foot. Seems to be another guy who attracts injuries, but I guess it goes with his style of play.

Good job we have such strength in depth in midfield with Ramsey returning. And ...heyho ... Wenger pulls a masterstroke by having taken on Kallistrom for free when all around (specially me) were going <deleted>? laugh.pnglaugh.png

Still can't get your striker - must still be non-squad. Not getting too excited - Campbell's goal for Olympiacos 10 days ago was great, but I watched the whole match and thought - nah, lightweight!

Aneke seems to be coming on well out on loan. 10 goals in 30 appearances - ok, only Crewe, but good habit to pick up.

Edited by SantiSuk

Early 12:45 kick off today. Looking forward to the Everton game - should be a reasonably open football skills game. Martinez is a great young manager who is rarely negative.

We can still put up a decent team, notwithstanding no Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott and Kallistrom not ready until the Spuds game. I'm guessing a reasonably A team to start despite Bayern on Tuesday:

Scz or Fabianski (don't mind)

BFG*, Kos

Sanga, Gibbs

Flamini, Rosicki

Ozil or Ox, Cazorla

Giroud

plus 1 - (Pod/Arteta depending on Wenger's read). I'm never close though to Arsene's team selection and he thinks a lot more of Arteta than I do!

*I see that some Deutsche Sky football commentator came on UK Sky and said "Understand you call him Big F***ing German", much to the Brits' consternation cheesy.gif

Early 12:45 kick off today. Looking forward to the Everton game - should be a reasonably open football skills game. Martinez is a great young manager who is rarely negative.

Sorry guys; havent scoured the programes yet. Is the Everton game on any TV tonight?? Thanks

Sorry guys; havent scoured the programes yet. Is the Everton game on any TV tonight?? Thanks

Channel 7

Channel 7

Thanks Carmine

Would have said good game even if Everton had edged it 2-1, which let's face it in the 80th minute was a lot more likely than 4-1 to us. Shame that Martinez had to suffer an unrep result as thanks for his open and extremely comitted performance.

I know Arsene had to protect Giroud for the Bayern game but really Sanogo is just a Roy-a- the-Rovers pipe-dream. Way out of class - Bendtner, for all the jokes, would have been a better threat. Good to see Giroud's head back in order and a chance for Ozil to remind us that his class is capable of overcoming his lightweight physique when playing a footballing team.

Sheffield or Charlton please!

Slick Arsenal performance. I like Martinez, but beating Arsenal at their own game ain't an easy thing to do.

Sagna seems rejuvenated to me from last season. A little quicker, and hungry.

Slick Arsenal performance. I like Martinez, but beating Arsenal at their own game ain't an easy thing to do.

Sagna seems rejuvenated to me from last season. A little quicker, and hungry.

Yes, Baines lost him too many times, probably from having to come inside and counter other threats.

Or perhaps gynaecology.

thumbsup.gif

I'm sure the arse management know nothing about this subject.

You didn't pass biology CSE did you Smokes?

biggrin.png

What's a CSE you old fart? :-D

Several steps down from a GCE O level......I think.

Well surprisingly Wigan it is, followed by Hull or Sheffield United.

No excuses, whoever we play will be up for it and complacency has Arsenal's worst trait in recent years.

But forget about it until it's time to play.

Time for Bayern.

Have to say it's a sorry state of affairs for the FA Cup when only two of the top ten teams in the country are left in the last eight and only one in the last four (p'raps I should check Hull's position B4 saying that). Some of the grounds were not full for the quarters <deleted>.

I know that's partly the beauty of the blood & guts knock-out of the Cup, but we all know what is really going on.

Needless to say, delighted that we have a good, now great chance at a trophy - particularly as it's based on our first really sound performance this year.

And Sagna, yes - one of my favourite Arsenal players of the last few years. Tempted to say it's vital that we keep him, but this is business and every free agent has a price which can be bid to unrealistic levels. Arsenal characteristically undervalue defenders (as do many others) so I suspect this is his last season in the UK.

Have to say it's a sorry state of affairs for the FA Cup when only two of the top ten teams in the country are left in the last eight and only one in the last four (p'raps I should check Hull's position B4 saying that). Some of the grounds were not full for the quarters <deleted>.

I know that's partly the beauty of the blood & guts knock-out of the Cup, but we all know what is really going on.

Needless to say, delighted that we have a good, now great chance at a trophy - particularly as it's based on our first really sound performance this year.

And Sagna, yes - one of my favourite Arsenal players of the last few years. Tempted to say it's vital that we keep him, but this is business and every free agent has a price which can be bid to unrealistic levels. Arsenal characteristically undervalue defenders (as do many others) so I suspect this is his last season in the UK.

eh? it's brilliant. hull, sheffield united and wigan fans in the semis dreaming of the FA cup final at wembley. it's fantastic and the way it should be.

• Like 2