Arsenal

MiG16

Have to say it's a sorry state of affairs for the FA Cup when only two of the top ten teams in the country are left in the last eight and only one in the last four (p'raps I should check Hull's position B4 saying that). Some of the grounds were not full for the quarters <deleted>.

I know that's partly the beauty of the blood & guts knock-out of the Cup, but we all know what is really going on.

What are you on about now? We've beaten three Premiership teams and there have been other all-premier ties like Chelsea-Man City.

It's just one of those cups and it's up to Arsenal not to slip up.

And even if it were at the JJB I personally watched Arsenal beat Wigan there both of the last two seasons they were in the Prem (a poor 1-0 and a 4-1 trouncing from memory), so you're Barking ex Bottom Bangrak Bob. I like Wigan and they've done fantastically well on tuppence halfpenny, but they just aren't in our league mate.

beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu That's me beating this dead horse I'm riding if we lose to them tongue.png

Edited by SantiSuk

Little bit thin-skinned there Chic. I wasn't in any way criticising Arsenal's performance. Just commenting that many top teams put up A/B sides for FA Cups these days which means that increasingly it is being competed in the final stages by lower tier sides and Prem strugglers.

Yeah - great for them but as a competition reaching its final stages it's degraded - just my opinion. Some others seem to think similarly - look on the terraces at the crowd-pulling power.

I haven't done the research but if you guys think that it's the same prestige competition it was 'in the old days' I'll bet you'll find a much higher ratio of top teams competing and winning the final stages through to say the 1980's

And even if it were at the JJB I personally watched Arsenal beat Wigan there both of the last two seasons they were in the Prem (a poor 1-0 and a 4-1 trouncing from memory), so you're Barking ex Bottom Bangrak Bob. I like Wigan and they've done fantastically well on tuppence halfpenny, but they just aren't in our league mate.

beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu That's me beating this dead horse I'm riding if we lose to them tongue.png

biggrin.png They have a new manager who took over a side that had lost 8 games on the bounce, the same team that got thrashed 5-0 by City in September. Since he joined they've lost 1 match in 19 and just beat City at the Etihad, which is a little better than Arsenal did.

I think if they kick you hard enough and counter well, they just might have sniff.

Wigan Atlhletic vs Arsenal "Big Jessy" FC - I don't think your limp wrists will fare too well at the JJB. Goaaawn Wigin!!!

It's at Wembley BB smile.png

it bloody shouldn't be. wigan vs arsenal should be at villa park and hull vs sheffield united should be at old trafford. the FA are a disgrace with this continued disenfranchisement of northern supporters to pay for their folly of a stadium in london.

• Like 1

Wigan Atlhletic vs Arsenal "Big Jessy" FC - I don't think your limp wrists will fare too well at the JJB. Goaaawn Wigin!!!

It's at Wembley BB smile.png

it bloody shouldn't be. wigan vs arsenal should be at villa park and hull vs sheffield united should be at old trafford. the FA are a disgrace with this continued disenfranchisement of northern supporters to pay for their folly of a stadium in london.

Couldn't agree more.

Little bit thin-skinned there Chic. I wasn't in any way criticising Arsenal's performance. Just commenting that many top teams put up A/B sides for FA Cups these days which means that increasingly it is being competed in the final stages by lower tier sides and Prem strugglers.

Three of the last four last year were premiership teams, and they beat premiership teams on their way there, and it was an all-premiership final.

I don't think it's as bad as you make out, at least one of the usuals suspects always seem there.

And that's the sort of <deleted> that will get us beaten.

Remember when they knocked us out of a league cup semi?

It's a cup tie mate, and if they haven't already proven to you how dangerous they are, then you need to adjust your meds.

biggrin.png

Arsenal 4/9

Hull 7/2

Wigan 8/1

Sheff U 16/1

Got to be worth the life savings Chics....Me?.... couple of quid e/w on Sheff U as two of our kids are there

I'll probably have a few quid on the Arsenal Hull double as I can't see anything else. But obviously not in Thailand, that is illegal, but I don't live there.

Arsenal 4/9

Hull 7/2

Wigan 8/1

Sheff U 16/1

Got to be worth the life savings Chics....Me?.... couple of quid e/w on Sheff U as two of our kids are there

I'll probably have a few quid on the Arsenal Hull double as I can't see anything else. But obviously not in Thailand, that is illegal, but I don't live there.

Roll on Cheltenham....few days in Patts methinks....breaking ALL the rulessmile.png

Powerful Bayern performance. They overran us in the first half.

I thought the penalty award on Szceszney in the first game was fair, but that dirty cheating little $hit Robben was at it again twice in this game. Pity for him as he is a great wingman, but justifably the most despised footballer outside Bavaria.

• Like 1

Arsenal 4/9

Hull 7/2

Wigan 8/1

Sheff U 16/1

Roll on Cheltenham....few days in Patts methinks....breaking ALL the rulessmile.png

Don't break the milk bottles on your way out.

thumbsup.gif

So. Good effort from Arsenal.

Up to Mourhino to deal with Guardiola and Ancelotti cos I don't see Pellegrini or Moyes in the next frame.

Could be wrong but...

Robben is a diver. Oxlade Chamberlain is a very good footballer.

thumbsup.gif

If a fly brushed against Robben he would dive . Koscielny however when the ball is in the area is like a bull in a china shop and gives every opportunity to concede a penalty.

yeah i rate koscielny as a defender but he is really rick-prone in his own area.

Bit of a choker for us hearing that Ozils out of the derby! Despite our injury stricken defense i thought we would be playing ten men. Thats a bit of a leveler despite the joyous news of Mike Deans appointment.

On a curious note, despite the fact he did his usual nothing for 45 minutes, why was he deployed out of position on the right?

Why not play him in goal when he's fit?laugh.png

• Like 1

Wenger rubbed him up the wrong way, so apparently in his drunken stupour he decided to rub up a taxi the wrong way. Who knows what goes on the mind of some of these overpaid footballers.

Wenger rubbed him up the wrong way, so apparently in his drunken stupour he decided to rub up a taxi the wrong way. Who knows what goes on the mind of some of these overpaid footballers.

Slightly disturbing comment that...(snip)

And we haven't even started on that creature Sol Campbell yet!!!

Without stating the obvious that Wenger a very odd looking bloke with appalling dress sense, putting aside his tantrums and bad sportsmanship, i've nothing against him and i respect his style of football and what he's achieved at Arsenal. But i really can't bring myself to even speak really about that other creature.

Mindyou, didn't Judas Campbell tell Wenger he wanted to leave to play in europe and promptly joined Portsmouth

Edited by mrbojangles

Without stating the obvious that Wenger a very odd looking bloke with appalling dress sense, putting aside his tantrums and bad sportsmanship, i've nothing against him and i respect his style of football and what he's achieved at Arsenal. But i really can't bring myself to even speak really about that other creature.

Mindyou, didn't Judas Campbell tell Wenger he wanted to leave to play in europe and promptly joined Portsmouth

Maybe his Geography was no good? After all, he's getting to sound a little like Ali G.....How can a guy from Kazakhstan captain England anyway?smile.png

Edited by mrbojangles

Maybe his Geography was no good? After all, he's getting to sound a little like Ali G.....How can a guy from Kazakhstan captain England anyway?smile.png

Wengers comment was something like, "i didn't know Portsmouth was in europe"