Arsenal

MiG16

Not knocking Arsenal, but until they get a backbone, like Adams, Bould,Lee dickson, you will never compete against the man c and Chelsea, they are tough, uncompromising.

What are you on about? Firstly, that's not a backbone, that's a defence.

And secondly, enough even having shipped a torrent of goals in three away games, only Chelsea, Everton and Manchester Dhabi let in less goals than Arsenal last season.

While there is room for defensive improvement, Arsenal need ze "super quality" striker and a decent Def. midfielder before anything else (oh and a backup goalie).

• Like 1

Nicklas Bendtner has now been formally released on a free by the club. Real and Barca reported to be delighted that they can get him for nowt*

*He laughably predicted a couple of years back that his next club would be one of those two

Not everyone is on the beach at Arsenal.

Great bit of news as Arsenal coins in 30 mill a year from Puma for 5 years. More than any other Prem League club's deal reportedly, which is surprising given the lower penetration of Arsenal marketing worldwide than Man U and Pool.

Nice work lads!

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/397989/Arsenal-end-Nike-sponsorship-with-monster-30m-a-season-Puma-deal

Returning to slightly cynical non-tribal mould, the way transfer fees are still going I guess it will only buy us a one-season wonder from another club every year

Not everyone is on the beach at Arsenal.

Great bit of news as Arsenal coins in 30 mill a year from Puma for 5 years. More than any other Prem League club's deal reportedly, which is surprising given the lower penetration of Arsenal marketing worldwide than Man U and Pool.

Nice work lads!

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/397989/Arsenal-end-Nike-sponsorship-with-monster-30m-a-season-Puma-deal

Returning to slightly cynical non-tribal mould, the way transfer fees are still going I guess it will only buy us a one-season wonder from another club every year

Speedo sponsoring Arsene should help.

smile.png

• Like 1

For Carmine, who has a secret crush on Arsene...a come hither pose.attachicon.gifWENGER2Brdf4VQIYAAnq3j.jpg

They do say, love and hate are opposite sides of the same coin. Or to truly hate someone, you must have once loved them. rolleyes.gif

Wengers a bellend. And for that matter, why would anyone parade themselves dressed like he does unless they were competing in an "i'm a knobhead competition?"

For Carmine, who has a secret crush on Arsene...a come hither pose.attachicon.gifWENGER2Brdf4VQIYAAnq3j.jpg

They do say, love and hate are opposite sides of the same coin. Or to truly hate someone, you must have once loved them. rolleyes.gif

Wengers a bellend. And for that matter, why would anyone parade themselves dressed like he does unless they were competing in an "i'm a knobhead competition?"

He's old and French Carms, they don't know any better.

OTOH, I used to be fascinated watching the Canadian Frenchies come down to Hollywood and Hallandale beaches in Florida during the winter. Middle aged and older men and women of exceptionally large shapes who didn't seem to have the slightest bit of self consciousness about their appearance whilst running around and cavorting amongst themselves. Something to be said for that.smile.png

OTOH, I used to be fascinated watching the Canadian Frenchies come down to Hollywood and Hallandale beaches in Florida during the winter. Middle aged and older men and women of exceptionally large shapes who didn't seem to have the slightest bit of self consciousness about their appearance whilst running around and cavorting amongst themselves. Something to be said for that.smile.png

I won't be surprised if i see a photo of him on here wearing high heels and fishnet stockings, obviously carrying the obligatory baguette. Its just all wrong mate!

Edited by carmine

Ban him Mr Bo - racist slursmile.png

Must say I find Wenger's curious ckuf-you clothes style rather endearing. Certainly not paying for any advice in that direction as I suspect one or two other managers do.

Most stylish manager in the Prem? Martinez hands down. I think Mourinho has been going further down the Wenger route recently - though maybe he has really just been sha$$ing all night and got straight out of bed.

If arsenal were to buy pogba, wouldnt his power and pace be so right in that midfield and up front add ballotelli, and 'managed' to a bit more fortune on the injury front, i seriously reckon they'd win the prem next year.. oh and perhaps an out and out winger, as an option, would b handy.

I prefer Europeans - preferably UK, Frenchmen or Germans (including African-born who qualify as such).

Racist - nah. I just don't think that those who come from far away (and all Spaniards/Portugese) are stickers in England. They all bu$$er off homesick or somat after 2 or 3 years. I'll get some stick for that and the likes of Carmine will give me a considered researched response that tells me I'm talking carp.

Can anyone think of a Spaniard or South American who stuck around at the top for more that 3 years? I can only think of Fabregas and Torres (Alonso?). Sure their must be more. Come to think of it non-English speakers generally don't tend to hang around absent the Dutch (but they are almost English in outlook). Thierry Henri was an exception but the French tend to like working with Wenger.

Yours sterotypicallysmile.png

I prefer Europeans - preferably UK, Frenchmen or Germans (including African-born who qualify as such).

Racist - nah. I just don't think that those who come from far away (and all Spaniards/Portugese) are stickers in England. They all bu$$er off homesick or somat after 2 or 3 years. I'll get some stick for that and the likes of Carmine will give me a considered researched response that tells me I'm talking carp.

Can anyone think of a Spaniard or South American who stuck around at the top for more that 3 years? I can only think of Fabregas and Torres (Alonso?). Sure their must be more. Come to think of it non-English speakers generally don't tend to hang around absent the Dutch (but they are almost English in outlook). Thierry Henri was an exception but the French tend to like working with Wenger.

Argentines who come to mind, Zabaleta, Mascherano, Coloccini, Tevez, Gabriel Heinze, Jonas Gutierrez.

Quite a few Spaniards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_Premier_League_players

Poyet did more than a few seasons. But yeah as a general rule of thumb 2 -3 seasons is about average, but again in fairness not that many players see much more than their length of their contracts out 2 much money to be made or lost in moving or not moving.

I'll take the burden off carmine SS.

You are talking absolute ballacks for some reason.

smile.png

Well this comment from Debuchy is the nearest I've seen to a signing so far.

"The France star confirmed his move to the Emirates immediately after Les Bleus 1-0 defeat to Germany in the World Cup quarter final yesterday.

Speaking to a French reporter he said: "Yes, I will be joining Arsenal for next season.""

"The France star confirmed his move to the Emirates immediately after Les Bleus 1-0 defeat to Germany in the World Cup quarter final yesterday.

Speaking to a French reporter he said: "Yes, I will be joining Arsenal for next season.""

It's not about the money says 150k per week Sagnacheesy.gif - it's the new challenge. Wassup Bacary, need some free time on City's bench to get your Candy Crush score up?

Could be a nice deal if the debuchy transfer goes through. City get to pay 150,000 a week for a 31 year old bench warmer and we pay 12 mill and considerably less than that per week (70k-80k? I'm guessing) for the 27 year old.

I don't get why Man City gave him that much money if that wasn't important to him. City of Manchester - hub of lame excuses for incoming footballers tongue.png

It's not about the money says 150k per week Sagnacheesy.gif - it's the new challenge. Wassup Bacary, need some free time on City's bench to get your Candy Crush score up?

Could be a nice deal if the debuchy transfer goes through. City get to pay 150,000 a week for a 31 year old bench warmer and we pay 12 mill and considerably less than that per week (70k-80k? I'm guessing) for the 27 year old.

I don't get why Man City gave him that much money if that wasn't important to him. City of Manchester - hub of lame excuses for incoming footballers tongue.png

We get an international for free and just have to pay his wage. Don't see any bad business in that as it's saved us a heap in transfer fees and that money stays in the bank. Jeez, I thought you were an accountant or something of that ilk.

I also feel your being a bit shallow to Sagna who was at your club for years and as far as I know didn't cause any upsets, remained professional and didn't keep on trying to change his contract for more money. Lovely bunch you lot are.

• Like 1