Arsenal

MiG16

The more I watch Mertesacker the more I'm convinced that position needs fixing. For such a tall guy he does not now command the air at either end of the pitch. Worrying that Gabriel has not really been blooded yet. I'd now put another strong aerial/strong tackling CB above defensive mid as a priority in the Arsene late bargain-hunt show (have to say I thought his comments about being an opponent of keeping the window open late into the early season hilarious, given that is his happy hunting ground - don't think he was being tounge-in-cheek either). P'raps he should enquire into John Terry's position (joking, or am I?)

I don't think this is a right back problem Chic - though yes, part of his problem on attackers approaching plays is the boss'es love of attacking wing backs. With our midfield being such a strong point I don't think we need attacking wing backs as routine starters any longer - and Monreal is showing that to be so on the left side.

Good show from Ozil, Monreal and Giroud. The others were just ok/average really. Like I said (but I still fretted), Palace had been flattered by the scoreline away to Norwich and I think they had started to believe the Day-1 carp band-wagon judgements of journos/pundits. Same same West Ham (re belief) apparently.

Happy - but we can do better. Light years away from Man City's start off the blocks.

Edited by SantiSuk

The more I watch Mertesacker the more I'm convinced that position needs fixing. For such a tall guy he does not now command the air at either end of the pitch. Worrying that Gabriel has not really been blooded yet. I'd now put another strong aerial/strong tackling CB above defensive mid as a priority in the Arsene late bargain-hunt show (have to say I thought his comments about being an opponent of keeping the window open late into the early season hilarious, given that is his happy hunting ground - don't think he was being tounge-in-cheek either). P'raps he should enquire into John Terry's position (joking, or am I?)

I don't think this is a right back problem Chic - though yes, part of his problem on attackers approaching plays is the boss'es love of attacking wing backs. With our midfield being such a strong point I don't think we need attacking wing backs as routine starters any longer - and Monreal is showing that to be so on the left side.

Good show from Ozil, Monreal and Giroud. The others were just ok/average really. Like I said (but I still fretted), Palace had been flattered by the scoreline away to Norwich and I think they had started to believe the Day-1 carp band-wagon judgements of journos/pundits. Same same West Ham (re belief) apparently.

Happy - but we can do better. Light years away from Man City's start off the blocks.

Delighted to hear that Ozil finally managed to get out of that sixteen year olds pocket. biggrin.png

I was indeed, and whoever said Cech would be worth points to us was right, that was 1.

Mignolet had a great game too.

One of the more entertaining 0-0's and I will definitely take it.

Chambers was like a rabbit in headlights first half, but things seemed to settle in the second.

What I don't get was Mignolet time wasting when we looked so vulnerable at the back.

I was indeed, and whoever said Cech would be worth points to us was right, that was 1.

Mignolet had a great game too.

One of the more entertaining 0-0's and I will definitely take it.

Chambers was like a rabbit in headlights first half, but things seemed to settle in the second.

What I don't get was Mignolet time wasting when we looked so vulnerable at the back.

Cech was sensational, that finger tip on the cut in curler from Coutinho.

I did wonder myself about the time wasting quiet early in the second half, so did the ref.

A great match to watch, but to be honest I was relieved when the final whistle went and very happy with a point.

I've been a travelin, but I see not much else has been posted here.

Not surprising, given our <deleted> awful start to the season - five points adrift after only 3 games and no sign of the seventh cavalry by way of signings.

Assume the usual position for the first third of the season - has to be:

WENGER OUT!

And as before I'll relent if he pulls a rabbit out of a hat, but "there just weren't the quality players available to buy" isn't going to wash. The management/ownership needs to be brought to account for themselves in that event

Physicality strategy from Newcastle being employed extremely poorly. Roared on by an angry crowd, looks like they are gonna shoot themselves, not us!

Edited by SantiSuk

Pretty dire game for the neutral (but Morinho would have loved that kind of game instead of the very watchable game he got). Would have benefited from a fairer allocation of reffing decisions, giving us the pen early on and not sending off their striker.

Still waiting to see where we are going to get enough goals from to make top 4 this seasonfacepalm.gif . The boss still struggling to prove to himself and the fans that Theo is anything more than a bit player up front, unless he accepts he's a fast winger for another few seasons (and then what - unless he can do a Robben).

We wait until Tuesday with bated breath.

I'd like the referees to get every decision right. Newcastle were absolute rubbish today, obviously McLaren told them kicking the opposition was more important than playing football.

They deserved everything they got.

I hope Wenger since this OG bloke 'coz he keeps scoring for us.

Pretty dire game for the neutral (but Morinho would have loved that kind of game instead of the very watchable game he got). Would have benefited from a fairer allocation of reffing decisions, giving us the pen early on and not sending off their striker.

Still waiting to see where we are going to get enough goals from to make top 4 this seasonfacepalm.gif . The boss still struggling to prove to himself and the fans that Theo is anything more than a bit player up front, unless he accepts he's a fast winger for another few seasons (and then what - unless he can do a Robben).

More like halitosis...you won't be signing anyone. :D

More like halitosis...you won't be signing anyone. biggrin.png

Well we aren't the only team that need a striker are we smokie?

biggrin.png

More like halitosis...you won't be signing anyone. biggrin.png

Well we aren't the only team that need a striker are we smokie?

biggrin.png

That's low...so low..

I listened to the Arsenal match away at Newcastle, broadcast live on BBC radio 5. One of those commentating, was ex player Danny Mills. I have never heard such bias against Arsenal and although he conceded the Gunners ought to have had a penalty, for most of the commentary Mills spent the time slagging off Arsenal. Dear oh dear.

And by the way I ain't an Arsenal supporter but such bias needs to be condemned,

The Sky team were similarly irritating. Yes we did not play great and we were too slow in the first half but the troublke with all journos is they make their mind up on a subject early on and then keep peddling it whether the developing facts support it or not. There was never much doubt that we weren't going to win that game once McLaren's knackersyard strategy had knackered them.

Not to say we don't need to find a much stronger cutting edge up front.

• Like 1

The Sky team were similarly irritating. Yes we did not play great and we were too slow in the first half but the troublke with all journos is they make their mind up on a subject early on and then keep peddling it whether the developing facts support it or not. There was never much doubt that we weren't going to win that game once McLaren's knackersyard strategy had knackered them.

No new signings...you'll finish below Palace with a bit of luck!

Is Charlie Austin French ?smile.png

Palace are good but over-rated. The ref gifted them their first game at Norwich and they were not special at home to us.

Dangerous away team when they are taken for granted as last night. They'll fade to mid table like West Ham did last year.

I would agree that we will struggle to get top 4 if there are no new signings. Momentum of the last couple of seasons in danger of being lost in that case.

[appreciate that you weren't looking for a considered response - just the same ole Spuds wind-up!]