Arsenal

MiG16

The old Arsenal injury-ravaged syndrome. No excuses though - the team fielded should have been good enough to beat most teams. Right sided defence weakness again. That plus the blindingly obvious lack of Summer reinforcements which most fans predicted would prevent us from getting near to titles unless we had an unusually healthy season.

I'm surprised we are still in touch at this stage - very inconsistent season.

The old Arsenal injury-ravaged syndrome. No excuses though - the team fielded should have been good enough to beat most teams. Right sided defence weakness again. That plus the blindingly obvious lack of Summer reinforcements which most fans predicted would prevent us from getting near to titles unless we had an unusually healthy season.

How can you say your season has been inconsistent when prior to yesterdays fixture you sat second in the league?!

• Like 1

How can you say your season has been inconsistent when prior to yesterdays fixture you sat second in the league?!

Gotta agree with Santi though Carms. The only two consistent teams so far have been United and Leicester. In United's case consistently defensive and at times fortunate, but still piling up some points. Leicester the real study though. Amazing when you think about it.

Gotta agree with Santi though Carms. The only two consistent teams so far have been United and Leicester. In United's case consistently defensive and at times fortunate, but still piling up some points. Leicester the real study though. Amazing when you think about it.

Just realized I didn't include Spurs in the consistent category. Horrible oversight !

Just realized I didn't include Spurs in the consistent category. Horrible oversight !

How can you be second in the league and inconsistent? That doesn't make sense.

Surely only Arsenal fans still have a pop at their team when in second place. laugh.png

How can you be second in the league and inconsistent? That doesn't make sense.

Surely only Arsenal fans still have a pop at their team when in second place. laugh.png

I haven't seen enough of Arsenal to agree or not with Santi's comment, but I do know what he means, last season City came 2nd and we were bobbins, and apart from our first few games of this season we've been inconsistent. No team this season looks like Champions in waiting like Chelsea did last season...the one to watch is ManU who don't thrill but get over the line each game.

]

Not that tired old chestnut. Happened a couple of times up to a couple of seasons ago and still you drag it up as though we are .... consistent!

Well I'm only trying to help...its you that craves consistency....go watch some of the George Graham 1-0 wins! facepalm.gifrolleyes.gif

giggle.gif

Open up the Arsenal website and you get a picture of Coquelin with an epithet about Christmas at Arsenal. He's dressed in headphones - should be crutches. Someone's 'avin a larf in the back office!?

Edited by SantiSuk

Best of luck to you or your loved one, whichever is under threat.

Was diagnosed with lung cancer three years ago. Misdiagnosed as it happens, but it gave me a few weeks to get a good idea of the emotional toll that can take.

My good friend and long time Gunner/Wenger supporter was as annoyed today as I have ever seen him. He even allowed himself a few criticisms of Wenger. I know its been said innumerable times but Wenger's decision to rely on Arteta or Flamini to provide cover in case of injury is absolutely mind boggling. He's been only a step or two from the top spot for a few years but refuses to do what's necessary to get there.

We will only find out come memoir time (maybe) how much of a cue he takes in relation to this senseless penny-pinching from the owner. Clearly Stan is a financial investor not a football (other than maybe of the American gender) enthusiast. Wenger has played a pretty consistent and cute game for one of those private-equity type species!

Mind you Arsene does seem to revel in the make-do-and-manage stakes. He would probably save the 711 stamps if he lived in Thailand.

I suspect he will start to take a lot more heat, even from the diehard non-plastics if and when the Spuds take a sustained lead over us in the table.

Could be worse - what happens if Giroud gets crocked in tonight's game. Joel Campbell as sole striker anyone?

• Like 1

I suspect he will start to take a lot more heat, even from the diehard non-plastics if and when the Spuds take a sustained lead over us in the table.

Thanks Santi, I needed a laugh.

biggrin.png

As long as Wenger sticks around I don't see Spurs taking a lead over Arsenal in the league standings...just can't see it.

]

Has our clothed cap witless troll lost his whippet on the goons thread? BB , you need to go out on loan for a few seasons before coming back to troll

Anyone would have thought the most expensive premier league team ever assembled had got spanked again at the weekend? clap2.gif

Anyone would have thought the youngest team in the league had spanked them also!

Note to BB. Silva doesn't track back. He's a little lazy and there lies his weakness. Ferguson was rarely wrong w00t.gif

Well it's time for bed. Looks like they've done enough to drag it to squeaky bum time next week, a win by at least two goals is required.

Added: Or maybe not because they nearly let one in, but I'm going to bed anyway.

Edited by Chicog