Arsenal

MiG16

My bets were on him being Mr SL Leapingpuma.

Or is it just Mr N.A.L. Arse?

Edit: Hey ho - off-season cometh!

And on the shirts - thank goodness the shirts are not too different from shirts of 2-3 seasons ago. Good excuse for me to persuade her indoors* not to blitz me with (illegal) presents from her latest cambodian border market sortie. I keep forgetting what's at risk when I go back to the UK and throw a couple of shirts in to the packing. Highly unlikely that customs would be on the lookout for contraband footie shirts but I sometimes stay in a Best Western in Highbury (cos they happen to have good value appartments with kitchens). I rsilk getting thumped by the real fan replica police

*should surely be 'her outdoors' here in LoS

Edited by SantiSuk

Re new kit. I'm not surprised that the photograper of the pic posted by Chic above chose to make a pleat in the middle. Other pics I've seen show the darker stripe running down the middle. Looks like someone washed it badly, stained it, left it folded wrongly in strong sunlight or ran a too-hot iron down the middle!

One hundred quid for the official version - bargain (not). Annual reminder of how cynical football is these days.

gun__1463992493_zp_gal8_7368.png

Is Olivier on his way out as he is the chosen one for the kit promotion?

Well Arsene was warned at the start of last season that you don't win titles with strikers the calibre of Giroud. He didn't listen and hopefully he'll do a Wenger again, dig his heels in and try to prove everyone wrong, and do an Arsenal. Scrap for a top four, waste everyones time in the CL (yes, yet another Happy Wengerin Day) and go for the FA cup.

biggrin.png

Is Olivier on his way out as he is the chosen one for the kit promotion?

Well Arsene was warned at the start of last season that you don't win titles with strikers the calibre of Giroud. He didn't listen and hopefully he'll do a Wenger again, dig his heels in and try to prove everyone wrong, and do an Arsenal. Scrap for a top four, waste everyones time in the CL (yes, yet another Happy Wengerin Day) and go for the FA cup.

biggrin.png

I think a striker will come in, with Welbeck looking at a long term injury.

I just hope it isn't some crock living on past glories like Zlatan....

He gave an interview on St Totteringham's day after our win that was curious. Can't recall/repeat the precise words but the first sentence implied that Ollie is great and will be leading the line next season and the last sentence on the subject heavily implied he would be spending lots of money on that position in the Summer.

I think we can safely assume then that Oliie is in for a big pay risewink.png

But returning to serious, as Chicog has just said (as I was about to press the send button) the issue of whether Ollie or Wellbeck stays to act as occasional partner and otherwise substitute/rotation for the (mythical?) 'world class striker' has been deferred by injury. I suspect that one of Walcott or Ox would have gone at the right price, but even that has been put in doubt by Wellbeck's injury. Who knows? Arsene is nothing if not unpredictable.

Stan Kroenke increases stakeholding in Arsenal

American businessman Stan Kroenke has increased his majority shareholding in Arsenal, despite discontent at the Emirates Stadium.

KSE (Kroenke Sports Enterprise) UK Inc, wholly owned by Kroenke, has acquired 23 ordinary shares for £368,000, to take his shareholding to 67.05 per cent (41,721 shares), it was announced under corporate disclosure on Thursday.

Kroenke, who also owns the NFL's Los Angeles Rams, has been Arsenal's majority shareholder since 2011.

Stan Kroenke increases stakeholding in Arsenal

In for vardy https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/03/jamie-vardy-leicester-arsenal-trigger-release-clause

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Its Vardy's big payday this summer....I'd be surprised if Leicester don't offer him huge money to stay...if they do I can't see him leaving.

Vardy would be fool not to move on, he'll never win anything with Leicester...;-)

• Like 1

In for vardy https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/03/jamie-vardy-leicester-arsenal-trigger-release-clause

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Its Vardy's big payday this summer....I'd be surprised if Leicester don't offer him huge money to stay...if they do I can't see him leaving.

Any premier league can afford to pay Barcelona wages now.

And boy don't the agents know it.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a work of hack fiction tbh.

Edited by Chicog

no work of fiction, been confirmed ' in talks' bet wenger see's him as a wide player clap2.gif

He will have a class player (Ozil) able to provide him with the passes he needs.

Despite being happy at Leicester, I don't think at 29 you turn down the chance

to join a big club like Arsenal and show what you're made of. It will be interesting

to see how Wenger plays him.

Arsenal have confirmed two new additions to their pre-season tour after announcing games in Scandinavia before the start of the season. The Gunners will finalise their preparations for the 2016/17 Premier League campaign with games against Viking FK and Manchester City in Norway and Sweden respectively.
Edited by Chicog

no work of fiction, been confirmed ' in talks' bet wenger see's him as a wide player clap2.gif

He will have a class player (Ozil) able to provide him with the passes he needs.

to join a big club like Arsenal and show what you're made of. It will be interesting

he's a player for the pacy counter break, class at that and the rest,,, well we will see.

• Like 1

There is no confirmation at all, it's still all newspaper "sources" bullshit.

I think when the bbc uses'have made a bid' its pretty much assured it's happened, wouldnt have taken much to say they are reported to have , but no they didnt http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36450106

any way whats the big deal, thought you'd be glad , a current England international , player of the year 2o plus goals in the last season ect ect, arnt you the one always moaning that arse aint spending enuf , and when he doas ,,

He's having a medical today, you seem upset at the prospect of signing him maybe with justification? laugh.png

He's having a medical today, you seem upset at the prospect of signing him maybe with justification? laugh.png

Wait and see.

And there's more...

Arsene Wenger and Arsenal are hopeful a deal for Vardy can be completed before he jets off to France with the Three Lions, but the Gunners are also reportedly also eyeing Vardy's Leicester teammate Riyad Mahrez.

Reports claim the Algeria international has already opened talks with Arsenal, who do not appear to be hanging about this summer.