Arsenal

MiG16

Let Fabregas go and put Nasri in there. Get Schwarzer or someone with enough experience to settle the new/young/crap defence for a year.

Pay anyone to take Bendtner and denilson, even offer Theo. Keep Arshavin and start him as often as possible.

Always start with Chamakh and Van Stroppy.

I agree with much of this (not sure I would throw away Theo - just bin those two wasters on a free if there's no dosh). In particular I think you are spot on about Fabregas. His lack of dedication to Arsenal was a problem last year I think and he is not a strong leader - was probably given the captain's band to try to get him more connected. Denilsson's comments coming back from Brazil were well-directed, though he did(/was forced to?) retract. Pity about Fab, because he has wonderful skills.

I tend to agree that Arshavin is worth sticking with, though if the long break doesn't see him back to his best then he may be on the way in January.

Naz is a straight commercial issue - his posturing is presumably just to get more money. Whether Arsenal are prepared to make a damaging wage-busting exception to their self-sustaining model is going to be interesting to watch, though with Fab gone there would be no-one else, except perhaps vanP, who could justifiably ask for superstar wages. Hopefully Wilshere and Theo will be in that category by the end of the season but hopefully Wenger can tie them up with longer contracts, rather than waiting until one year out like he curiously did with Naz.

As always we do not know what is really going on behind the scenes - Arsenal are the world's no 1 at keeping stuff within the family. All credit to them for that.

Yup Smokie - the foundations are a bit wobbly at the moment. Same same WHL except we can add a bit of ownership struggle to the mix.:rolleyes:

Maybe Arsenal should pitch for Blackburn's captain Samba - awesome defensive display from him yesterday against WHam.

Looks a decent relacement for King. ;) Great game he had yesterday.

We were spot on Smokie - seems like both of our teams are 'in a race' to sign him up

Maybe Arsenal should pitch for Blackburn's captain Samba - awesome defensive display from him yesterday against WHam.

We were spot on Smokie - seems like both of our teams are 'in a race' to sign him up

seems like Samba mat be coming our way with the deciding factor being a wish to play CL football next season. whistling.gif

other talk going around the grape vine, but i hope it isn't true is that Wenger may put a bid in to sign Defoe. sad.gif

Edited by tigerfish

seems like Samba mat be coming our way with the deciding factor being a wish to play CL football next season. whistling.gif

other talk going around the grape vine, but i hope it isn't true is that Wenger may put a bid in to sign Defoe. sad.gif

Samba had better enjoy it while it lasts. Next year will be our last CL until a Wenger replacement beds in.

Late on in the season I surmised on the Spuds thread that someone was going to pick him up on the cheap and would probably make a bargain out of him. I was thinking about a Championship team. I don't know what Wwnger's thinking :rolleyes:

Fixtures are on Arsenal.com here:

http://www.arsenal.c...ixtures-reports

First three weeks are interesting!

Away to Newcastle - need to get 5 up this time to ensure they don't beat us back

Home to Liverpool

Away to Man U

Edit: with the 2 CL qualifier legs (remember we are not actually in the CL yet!) straddling the scouser's game.

Edited by SantiSuk

Away to Newcastle - need to get 5 up this time to ensure they don't beat us back

Home to Liverpool

Away to Man U

Edit: with the 2 CL qualifier legs (remember we are not actually in the CL yet!) straddling the scouser's game.

i must say i looked at your first months fixtures for next season and what with the CL qualifiers it does look distinctly unfriendly does'nt it. :D

So, do you think Monsieur Wenger with be staying?

Home to Liverpool

Away to Man U

i must say i looked at your first months fixtures for next season and what with the CL qualifiers it does look distinctly unfriendly does'nt it. :D

So, do you think Monsieur Wenger with be staying?

Dunno - he has been eerily quiet. I think he will be gone by the end of next season and would prefer it if he went now, although best outcome is that he stays and I'm proved wrong. I'm not normally into disloyalty but I think he's shown himself to be a busted flush last season and I really can't see Arsenal progressing under him with or without the players he now recognises he needs (/needed all along last season). There aren't many if any managers I can immediately think of that would suit Arsenal's 'family' style. Maybe Rafa? Yes - seriously, I'm touched by his loyalty to Liverpool as a town (he still lives there) and the club.

Despite what they say, I think Arsenal are still constrained by debts from the stadium hence Wenger's reluctance to spend.

A new manager would likely have the same budget and fare worse than Wenger.

Despite what they say, I think Arsenal are still constrained by debts from the stadium hence Wenger's reluctance to spend.

A new manager would likely have the same budget and fare worse than Wenger.

biggrin.gif Stop making excuses for him!

More transfer updates from the speculators blogs:

Samba's price is now £12 million. Arsenal not jumping to pay this

Joey Barton falls out with Newcastle - Wenger wants him. I'm surprised - would have thought this is very short term thinking, though we could do with his passion in the team.

Eto'o might be persuaded to cut his personal wage demands and is reportedly keen to prove himself in the EPL and interested in Arsenal.

What worries me is that most of the rumours seem to be about purchases. We have a lot to sell but not much news on firm bids - apart from Clichy, who is rumoured to be Roma bound to keep him out of Anfield (or any other UK contender). I have never understood this latter theory that abounds - if someone is not quite good enough for your team you should be keen to sell to competitors.

Edited by SantiSuk

Here we go again ... WHL bovver boys trying to pick fights at away grounds. Football changed in the last 20 years guys - didn't you notice? :rolleyes:

Edited by SantiSuk

Here we go again ... WHL bovver boys trying to pick fights at away grounds. Football changed in the last 20 years guys - didn't you notice? :rolleyes:

You lot didn't do much singing back then either! laugh.gif

I wouldn't know Smokie. As you know I'm just another chancer who jumps from club to club every 10 years. Hats off to the died-in-the-wool types who support their chosen club through thick and thin and two world wars.

PS you guys still can't hold a candle to Stoke or Sunderland in the singing stakes. I particularly liked the Makkems' rendition of 'yer gotta gie yer giro to the lads' in a Watford pub a few years back.

The irony of it is, that while Spurs fans may cheer more, they have less reason to do so in terms of trophies, league positions etc lol

Spoken like a gooner!!!

It has nothing to do with irony pal. Its about having a passion for your club and being a real supporter unlike your home county, sky sports generation, prawn sandwich brigade that make for truely pathetic home support.

Nice stadium though and it was great turning you over and watching that prat Wenger throw another tantrum. The man has no grace no understanding of sportsmanship and he french

COYS

The irony of it is, that while Spurs fans may cheer more, they have less reason to do so in terms of trophies, league positions etc lol

Spoken like a gooner!!!

It has nothing to do with irony pal. Its about having a passion for your club and being a real supporter unlike your home county, sky sports generation, prawn sandwich brigade that make for truely pathetic home support.

Nice stadium though and it was great turning you over and watching that prat Wenger throw another tantrum. The man has no grace no understanding of sportsmanship and he french

COYS

Yes carms, makes you wonder that how many of the 60,000 that turn up every week are true gooners, not many by the sound of it :o:D

same old, same old <deleted> churned out every year from the muppets from <deleted> hole lane in the lower class part area of N. London. rolleyes.gif

and what an ugly bunch of feckkers they are ! laugh.gif

40 + no life's low life's, beer drinking beer bellied, shaven headed <deleted> with about as much fashion sense and brains as Liam and Noel Gallagher with a social life to boot ! if Smokies youtube link is anything to go by. whistling.gif

add to that, the wives are probably as ugly and are either doing one of 3 things while he is out wasting his money watching Tottenham.

1. out shagging the milkman or the guy she got talking to down the pub the other night.

2. out walking the Pitbull or the Staff.

3. out shopping in Wood Green or Lakeside, knicking everything she can lay her eyes and hands on. wink.gif

as for the reason why its soooooooooo quiet at the Emirates. it probably has something to do with the fact that, we are so used to watching a brand of football that has seen us finish higher than you lot in so many years i have nearly forgotten when you finished above us. whistling.gif

the same scenario and topic of conversation cropped up a few months ago with a work colleague of mine who also happens to be unfortunately born a spud follower.

of which i replied, care to take a look at the two side recent and overall honours list history ?

to which he just fell silent and walked off ! whistling.gif

only jesting lads, but you have to remember. come on here and you will get an argument ! unlike your own thread where facts are pointed out to you that you care to ignore. huh.gif

like i said, same old same old. wink.gif

same old, same old <deleted> churned out every year from the muppets from <deleted> hole lane in the lower class part area of N. London. rolleyes.gif

40 + no life's low life's, beer drinking beer bellied, shaven headed <deleted> with about as much fashion sense and brains as Liam and Noel Gallagher with a social life to boot ! if Smokies youtube link is anything to go by. whistling.gif

add to that, the wives are probably as ugly and are either doing one of 3 things while he is out wasting his money watching Tottenham.

1. out shagging the milkman or the guy she got talking to down the pub the other night.

3. out shopping in Wood Green or Lakeside, knicking everything she can lay her eyes and hands on. wink.gif

as for the reason why its soooooooooo quiet at the Emirates. it probably has something to do with the fact that, we are so used to watching a brand of football that has seen us finish higher than you lot in so many years i have nearly forgotten when you finished above us. whistling.gif

the same scenario and topic of conversation cropped up a few months ago with a work colleague of mine who also happens to be unfortunately born a spud follower.

of which i replied, care to take a look at the two side recent and overall honours list history ?

only jesting lads, but you have to remember. come on here and you will get an argument ! unlike your own thread where facts are pointed out to you that you care to ignore. huh.gif

You sad fecker fishboy.....smokie is nowhere near 40 yet I'll have you know....hansum man so he is...biggrin.gif.....still up for the odd 5 a side mate...more than can be said for your sorry bacon buttie munchers!

Now its getting personal we'd better leave kojak and the colgate kid out of this one! laugh.gifph34r.gif

Have you checked out the new Chelski thug yet....top quality mate...no question....cool.gif

You sad fecker fishboy.....smokie is nowhere near 40 yet I'll have you know....hansum man so he is...biggrin.gif.....still up for the odd 5 a side mate...more than can be said for your sorry bacon buttie munchers!

Now its getting personal we'd better leave kojak and the colgate kid out of this one! laugh.gifph34r.gif

Have you checked out the new Chelski thug yet....top quality mate...no question....cool.gif

at a guess i would say 38 or even maybe 39. so not that far off. wink.gif

and if you count bringing on the beers and fags at half time a contribution, so be it. laugh.gif

^ no i haven't checked out the new Chelski thug yet, but a sickening thing happened to me the other day !

the company i work for back in the U.K., who already have the contract to deliver to that place ever so near to south of the river and have a post code to go with it. have just landed a deal to deliver to their training ground out at Stoke d, Arbernon near Cobham in Surrey.

and guess who got the short straw to trek all the way out there on Tuesday and kiss arse ? bah.gif imagine it, a gooner out in the middle of M. U. country having to chat all lardy dar with a load of Russians. can only think of one thing worse and that would be a trip out to Chigwell. wink.gif

pulled up next to a brand new top of the range, range rover with a number plate starting with the initials JT... ...

nearly keyed the fuc_ker ! mad.gif

Edited by tigerfish

40 + no life's low life's, beer drinking beer bellied, shaven headed <deleted> with about as much fashion sense and brains as Liam and Noel Gallagher with a social life to boot ! if Smokies youtube link is anything to go by...

Sorry to say, but got to agree. That link was embarrassing. A bunch of drunken yobs singing poorly and out of key in some sort of dilapidated breeze block building. They did have passion though, or maybe it was a case of empty pots make the most noise lol.

PS the guy at 3.50 in the grey tee shirt looked like the UK 2008 Apprentice winner Lee McQueen, who quit his job with Sugar in 2010. Guess that's where he ended up.

Edited by katana

40 + no life's low life's, beer drinking beer bellied, shaven headed <deleted> with about as much fashion sense and brains as Liam and Noel Gallagher with a social life to boot ! if Smokies youtube link is anything to go by...

Sorry to say, but got to agree. That link was embarrassing. A bunch of drunken yobs singing poorly and out of key in some sort of dilapidated breeze block building. They did have passion though, or maybe it was a case of empty pots make the most noise lol.

PS the guy at 3.50 in the grey tee shirt looked like the UK 2008 Apprentice winner Lee McQueen, who quit his job with Sugar in 2010. Guess that's where he ended up.

I bet you love a prawn sandwich. :)