Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

33 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Why do you have an apostrophe on the end of your penis? You should speak to a doctor and get it removed.

It's a confusion tactic and it worked. :smile:

I was stuck between penii, penises and penes......not literally of course.

With your spelling record perhaps you could help. I don't use penis very often :smile:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Yes I have first hand experience of your respect for your fellow members

Mr Grammar Policeman

You shouldn't let things bother you too much, I'm sure there are many other things that you can direct your latent anger towards. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Airbagwill said:
4 hours ago, talahtnut said:

I cant believe those graphs, Ive never heard of a happy woman, or a satisfied one.

Rubbish, Statistics and damn lies.

This clearly demonstrates the difference between data and personal experience?

It demonstrates the difference between people who have a sense of humour and those who have had a sense of humour bypass operation :laugh:.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nauseus said:

Well I can finally agree with you on something! I'm glad you said global. Hallelujah! The Telewag too!

I wrote "global" but what I perhaps should have written instead is, "the West", with the potential to become global. But again, this is a recession in the midst of prime UK trade real estate, at a time when we will be touting for business.

9 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I wrote "global" but what I perhaps should have written instead is, "the West", with the potential to become global. But again, this is a recession in the midst of prime UK trade real estate, at a time when we will be touting for business.

We need a new Marshal plan but nobody can find Marshal. We need the 'big one' in LA, a major eruption of Vesuvius and dramatic sea rise with hefty flooding, let the rebuilding begin we will all be rich.

• Haha 1

Here's another piece, also from The Telegraph, it's good news but with a message that needs to be understood:

The trade deficit is £10 bill. smaller than previously thought, it seems a new way of counting is responsible! The new counting system includes for the first time the profit on the sale of financial instruments, the difference between the buy and sell price which until now was calculated. It seems the reality is much better than we'd assumed although deficits dating all the way back to 2004 had to be recalculated to arrive at the savings, great news. The article reads,

"This is significant for several reasons:

Firstly the Bank of England is concerned that the scale of the UK’s deficits could be a threat to financial stability, because trade deficits are often financed from financial flows  from profits earned by UK investments overseas, and from investments and loans from abroad.

This is the “kindness of strangers”, Mark Carney said, so a smaller deficit requires less finance through kindness.

Secondly, Brexit has added to uncertainties over Britain’s place in the world and the country’s ability to prove itself in a competitive environment outside the EU".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/04/13/trade-deficit-10bn-financial-trading-boosts-britain/

The concise message from all of the above is, post Brexit trading had better be successful, otherwise, financial stability is very much at risk. 

8 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

We need a new Marshal plan but nobody can find Marshal. We need the 'big one' in LA, a major eruption of Vesuvius and dramatic sea rise with hefty flooding, let the rebuilding begin we will all be rich.

In addition to Vesuvius and the LA Big One we should probably add an event in the ring of fire....the UK alone remained unscathed following the seemingly syncronised carnage, countries from around the world are beating their way to the UK trade door, begging to be supplied with UK made goods and services - Boris was heard to say, "see, I told you Brexit would be successful, "I knew it all along". Nigel Farage, the new President of the EU said, my, didn't we do well".

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

You shouldn't let things bother you too much, I'm sure there are many other things that you can direct your latent anger towards. 

No bother fellow member, but then you should take your own advice as regards my spelling ability

I note some progress in the fact that at least you have stopped pretending it did not happen 5555555555

You are reasonable value as entertainment goes me old

3 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

No bother fellow member, but then you should take your own advice as regards my spelling ability

I note some progress in the fact that at least you have stopped pretending it did not happen 5555555555

You are reasonable value as entertainment goes me old

It can still happen when it's eye popping, like fysikal or as recently ( you must have missed that one) ecsident (accident, I had to look twice myself to see what he meant)