Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

10 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

If he/she had work that paid well, they would not be homeless after being kicked out of their rented accommodation (for non-payment of rent?)

Presumably the person was employed in a very low paying job.  Great for the employer who is able to take advantage of the abundance of cheap, foreign labour - not so great for the brits. at the bottom of the pyramid.

Are you saying you can't trust your own British capitalists?

Maybe the UK should not have stalled on the EU social legislation?

Surely you will vote for Corbyn - unless you concider him a softy?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I find it deeply offensive to accuse me of saying something disgraceful in order to make your point.

You seem to have a predilection for sensationalising everything, as if it gives your comments added weight and morality, whilst steadfastly refusing to accept that Europe has been invaded by hundreds of thousands of economic migrants as well as genuine refugees

When I referred to illegal immigrants, you responded by calling them refugees, which are an entirely different group, one that I sympathise with. When I explained the difference, you claimed they were running away from hunger and disease; now you use the sensationalist effect of rubber boat imagery. Thousands of healthy young men have arrived in Europe wearing decent cloths and carrying smart phones, the fact that this does not fit your narrative, does not give you the right to say I have made a disgusting comment by simply mentioning the fact. Please try to remain polite

QUOTE: Hundreds of thousands of fit, healthy looking young men arriving in Europe in their designer jeans, clutching their iPhone’s and iPad’s,

Rubber boat imagery?

Disgusting comment!

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

That may or may not be the case - the difference is that the UK will be able to make the decisions on how humanitarian it wishes to be .

For asylum seekers the UK is bound by international agreements  with the UNHCR - like http://www.unhcr.org/en-us/protection/basic/3b66c2aa10/convention-protocol-relating-status-refugees.html What we would lose is the Dublin Protocol, which lets us return  asylum seekers to the first country of entry to the EU. 

For illegal immigrants, they are still going to come if we are not in the EU !

I don't think you will see much difference.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

You never seem to consider any of the potential positive impacts.  All this focus on the negatives must be stressful for you.

What potential positive impacts?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Most irritating video I've seen

Very relevant to the remoaners. Apart from being selfish people, many of them seem to be in denial of what is achievable,when we finally leave the straight jacket of the E.U.

EAD5A792-09B7-42D4-92D8-6C1931ADE939.jpeg

Edited by nontabury
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Very relevant to the remoaners. Apart from being selfish people, many of them seem to be in denial of what is achievable,when we finally leave the straight jacket of the E.U.

EAD5A792-09B7-42D4-92D8-6C1931ADE939.jpeg

If someone could suggest a possible positive outcome then I am all ears, however no one seems able to suggest anything other than negative effects from Brexit.  Every pledge the Leave campaign made has been proven to be impossible, so just what are these potential achievements we could see from leaving?

These are some pics of QUOTE: Hundreds of thousands of fit, healthy looking young men arriving in Europe in their designer jeans, clutching their iPhone’s and iPad’s,

Serves them right for being economic migrants.

PS. I note that Mr Pilgrim has reduced his claim of hundreds of thousands to thousands - reduce it further and I am sure Europe can cope with them.

libyan-rescue-2.jpg

images.jpg

index.jpg

2 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

These are some pics of QUOTE: Hundreds of thousands of fit, healthy looking young men arriving in Europe in their designer jeans, clutching their iPhone’s and iPad’s,

PS. I note that Mr Pilgrim has reduced his claim of hundreds of thousands to thousands - reduce it further and I am sure Europe can cope with them.

libyan-rescue-2.jpg

images.jpg

index.jpg

Hey, that's a banana boat at Clacton....:stoner:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Hey, that's a banana boat at Clacton....:stoner:

I just remember why I put you on my ignore list.

Yes, I was curious whether you had changed your sense of humour, and perhaps even gave up your silly emoticons.

It will not happen again.

Another deplorable comment on refugees.

11 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

libyan-rescue-2.jpg

images.jpg

index.jpg

Nice and tasteful that,   posting a photo of dead bodies on a beach to try and make a point ……… but of course, you don't indulge in sensationalism, do you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

If someone could suggest a possible positive outcome then I am all ears, however no one seems able to suggest anything other than negative effects from Brexit.  Every pledge the Leave campaign made has been proven to be impossible, so just what are these potential achievements we could see from leaving?

Yes I would be nice to know some - the brexit leaders seem to have gone "sunlit uplands' to ' at least it probably won't be armageddon' 

"Two sides: between whom there is no intercourse and no sympathy; who are as ignorant of each other's habits, thoughts, and feelings, as if they were dwellers in different zones, or inhabitants of different planets; who are formed by a different breeding, are fed by a different food, are ordered by different manners, and are not governed by the same laws...THE REMAINERS AND THE LEAVERS!”

1 minute ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Nice and tasteful that,   posting a photo of dead bodies on a beach to try and make a point ……… but of course, you don't indulge in sensationalism, do you

Facts, not sensationalism.

And is this the best reply you can come up with?

How about appologising for your QUOTE: Hundreds of thousands of fit, healthy looking young men arriving in Europe in their designer jeans, clutching their iPhone’s and iPad’s,

3 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

If he/she had work that paid well, they would not be homeless after being kicked out of their rented accommodation (for non-payment of rent?)

Presumably the person was employed in a very low paying job.  Great for the employer who is able to take advantage of the abundance of cheap, foreign labour - not so great for the brits. at the bottom of the pyramid.

OK, you win

I had been led to believe that affordable rental property was hard to come by

The judge obviously agreed.

• Like 1

Just now, Eloquent pilgrim said:

***Another deplorable comment on refugees***

What are you talking about, you just said they were economic migrants, not refugees

your quote:  “Serves them right for being economic migrants” maybe you have finally conceded that there is a huge difference between the two groups

No, I have not.

Same same.

And you need to brush up on understanding sarcasm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

See my last comment - something positive for you

3 hours ago, Jip99 said:

What it means is that the EU will not be in a position to dictate allocation of numbers of refugees.

That may not mean any difference.

How many refugees has the UK been forced to take in at the behest of the EU?

Go on! tell us! Or do I have to tell you what an embarrassingly small number it is?

In the meantime, you may care to scan this:

BrexitRefugeeCrisis.pdf

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 1