Do I need to book to make a motorbike driving license in Pattaya ?

JohnnyBKK

23 hours ago, JohnnyBKK said:

Wont my certificate of residence and medical test be expired by then ? Is it ok ? Thanks.

when you book in they check them then. once done they give you a date to come back. 

they never look at them again, you are in the system

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You'll need a copy of everything if you want both bike and car licences

unless you do the car and bike on the same day you will need x2 residence certificates

x1 and a copy will only work if done at the same time

unless you do the car and bike on the same day you will need x2 residence certificates
x1 and a copy will only work if done at the same time

I guess the logic of that is the girl who takes the application can see the original RC so a copy also is fine

I did the motorcycle test a couple of years ago here in Pattaya.  I arrived before 8 am and was able to take the physical tests, written tests, and driving test all in one day.

The only hard part of the driving test is riding the plank.  The plank is a 8" wide, 2" high, 60' long strip of concrete and you are supposed to slowly travel the full length without falling off the plank.  Don't look down at the plank right in front of your motorcycle - 10'-15' down the plank, tuck your knees in tight, and apply a bit of rear brake so you have to rev the engine a bit to keep the bike moving.  A small amount of rear brake and no front brake helps keep the bike going straight.  Practice lots before taking the test.

I arrived with all papers I thought I needed but they managed to find a reason to send me across the street for another photocopy of something.  Check the documents requirements here:

Pattaya City Expats Club - Feb 2018 - CHECKLISTS FOR DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR THAI DRIVING LICENSE

The physical tests are for color blindness, depth perception, and reaction time.  Be sure to position yourself so you can see others take the tests before you have to take them. 

The reaction time test uses a fake automobile gas pedal and break pedal - be sure to watch others take this test so you know which light change means to hit the brake.

If you fail a test they will probably let you try again if you are polite.

Here is a link to the traffic signs.  Be sure to check all pages.  Thai regulatory traffic signs

There are charts on the wall of one classroom with all the traffic signs and what the paint on the street and curbs mean.  It is a good idea to study those charts if you have time since a couple of the exam questions were about what they mean.

Here are links to the questions on the test so you can study in advance.

Thailand Driving License Test Online

Thai Driving License Exam Test Questions

One more thing.  Dress appropriately and conservatively.  I saw one woman in shorts forced to go across the street and buy pants to wear before they let her take the tests.

2 hours ago, HarrySeaman said:

I did the motorcycle test a couple of years ago here in Pattaya.  I arrived before 8 am and was able to take the physical tests, written tests, and driving test all in one day.

The only hard part of the driving test is riding the plank.  The plank is a 8" wide, 2" high, 60' long strip of concrete and you are supposed to slowly travel the full length without falling off the plank.  Don't look down at the plank right in front of your motorcycle - 10'-15' down the plank, tuck your knees in tight, and apply a bit of rear brake so you have to rev the engine a bit to keep the bike moving.  A small amount of rear brake and no front brake helps keep the bike going straight.  Practice lots before taking the test.

I arrived with all papers I thought I needed but they managed to find a reason to send me across the street for another photocopy of something.  Check the documents requirements here:

Pattaya City Expats Club - Feb 2018 - CHECKLISTS FOR DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR THAI DRIVING LICENSE

The physical tests are for color blindness, depth perception, and reaction time.  Be sure to position yourself so you can see others take the tests before you have to take them. 

The reaction time test uses a fake automobile gas pedal and break pedal - be sure to watch others take this test so you know which light change means to hit the brake.

Here is a link to the traffic signs.  Be sure to check all pages.  Thai regulatory traffic signs

There are charts on the wall of one classroom with all the traffic signs and what the paint on the street and curbs mean.  It is a good idea to study those charts if you have time since a couple of the exam questions were about what they mean.

One more thing.  Dress appropriately and conservatively.  I saw one woman in shorts forced to go across the street and buy pants to wear before they let her take the tests.

You can buy a little book with all the questions and correct answers in Canterbury tales in Soi Chayapoon.

I was there last summer for a change of address and passport number. Had to get in line at 7 am, with dozens of people already there. Foreigners were coming in later and mid-morning and told to come back tomorrow, without so much as a look at the papers. You really have to get there early. BTW, there was a separate lineup for foreigners, with a limit on how many they would process. Think it was 50.

12 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Hire an agency everything car and MB in one hour.

You do nothing but the eye test.

Up to you..

That only works when you have the needed licenses, including the international ones, of your home country. Had contact with several of them.

Just now, Jack Mountain said:

That only works when you have the needed licenses, including the international ones, of your home country. Had contact with several of them.

Whatever you think.

I got mine in Pattaya with nothing but baht.  Actually got the number from an AD on the wall of a toilet.

They drove me to DMV where I took the eye test and a photo and left with a 2 year.

On 3/1/2018 at 1:28 PM, HarrySeaman said:

one of the most informative posts i ever saw,

i'm just posting so i can find this when its time

14 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Whatever you think.

I got mine in Pattaya with nothing but baht.  Actually got the number from an AD on the wall of a toilet.

They drove me to DMV where I took the eye test and a photo and left with a 2 year.

can you private message me the number and the cost ?

There are two pinned topics about obtaining driving licenses at the head of this forum, the idea being everything is in one place, so I will close this topic. 

//CLOSED//

Archived