Shipping Some Personal Belongings To Los

I want to ship some personal items from the UK to Pattaya. The items only amount to the area equivalent to about two washing machines. Am I able to ship these items while I only have a non Imm O visa? I read somewhere that to do this one needs a work permit, is this true?

Also does anyone know of any shipping companies who can ship small loads like mine?

I’ve searched and searched the forum but can’t find the answer.

Thanks

Phil

Phil

anglo pacific will ship small loads for you but are at the top end of the price market. world wide shipping based in southampton for a full container load-they do operate nationwide. pm me for their contact details if you wish.

my understanding is that on a non Imm O and no work permit you will be taxed.

I want to ship some personal items from the UK to Pattaya. The items only amount to the area equivalent to about two washing machines. Am I able to ship these items while I only have a non Imm O visa? I read somewhere that to do this one needs a work permit, is this true?

Also does anyone know of any shipping companies who can ship small loads like mine?

Thanks

Phil

We are using Salmar 01892 836081(Tunbridge Wells)

They supply 'flat boxes' and tape. Deliver boxes to your door, collect, ship to BK harbour and then their agent phones you.

You just make the boxes up..fill them, tape them shut and then phone them to collect...

Box sizes are same as old tea chest (each one 5 cubic feet) ..about seven boxes per M3..cost £25/box Seems a good price to me.

Thanks

Phil

I used Seven Seas, they deliver flat boxes and tape to your home and come back later to collect them.

Arrived in BKK 2 months later, the local agent took care of everything (I had only 7 boxes).

I did not have to pay for anything and was on a Tourist visa.

But you know how it is, every amn is an island...

[sandy]

Thanks for all the replies. A few questions please

John45, you wrote,

Box sizes are same as old tea chest (each one 5 cubic feet) ..about seven boxes per M3..cost £25/box Seems a good price to me.
Was that for the actual shipping cost or just the boxes?

s.pylos, you wrote,

I used Seven Seas, they deliver flat boxes and tape to your home and come back later to collect them.

Arrived in BKK 2 months later, the local agent took care of everything (I had only 7 boxes).

What was the cost for shipping your 7 boxes?

Cheers,

Phil

Thanks for all the replies. A few questions please

John45, you wrote,

Was that for the actual shipping cost or just the boxes?

s.pylos, you wrote,

What was the cost for shipping your 7 boxes?

Cheers,

Phil

I paid 190 pounds from door to door.

They were very efficient, sending me SMS (in the middle of the night...! ) to confirm when they were coming and nothing was dammaged, except one jacket when the box were opened by the customs with a cutter... very clever.

the website is http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/

I don't remember exactely where is the local agent but it is not in the centre of Bangkok, somewhere on Rama 3 maybe, I took a taxi to go there.

[sandy]

Edited by s.pylos

Phil go on General Topic and look for shipping to Thailand thread this was answered last week.

Its called Tea money 12,000THB for 32 cubic meter no tax and on tourist visa, get the agent in Thailand to do everything not UK.

Peterpan

Prety accurate I had to pay 8000 Tea Money. But I sent my wife to get. If your wife lives with you outside Thailand ship it in her name and you will not attract tax liability :o I think

After looking on seven seas website for a quote I see the price changes quite a bit from the door to door service @ 320 pounds to the door to depot @ 180 pounds

If I go for the door to depot service does that mean I will need to clear my boxes through Customs myself? If so can anyone please advise me what’s involved and am I able to do this myself?

You are shipping the items listed below from Newcastle Upon Tyne (Tyne and Wear) to Pattaya (Changwat Chon Buri) using our Door to Door by Sea service. This has an estimated transit time of around 8 weeks.

Qty Desc Price VAT Total

2 Minimum Charge £120.00 £0.00 £120.00

5 Tea Chest £175.00 £0.00 £175.00

1 Delivery Charge £25.00 £0.00 £25.00

You are shipping the items listed below from Newcastle Upon Tyne (Tyne and Wear) to Pattaya (Changwat Chon Buri) using our Door to Depot by Sea service. This has an estimated transit time of around 8 weeks.

Qty Desc Price VAT Total

2 Minimum Charge £80.00 £0.00 £80.00

5 Tea Chest £100.00 £0.00 £100.00

Peterpan,

I searched General Topic but could not find an appropriate thread or answer. I'm in a similar situation, except that my household goods will come from the US. I have no problem contributing some tea money. But locating someone to make the contribution to is the problem. Which Thai agent did you use? Who do you recomment?

zz

Phil go on General Topic and look for shipping to Thailand thread this was answered last week.

Its called Tea money 12,000THB for 32 cubic meter no tax and on tourist visa, get the agent in Thailand to do everything not UK.

Peterpan