Trump top communications aide Hicks resigns - White House

webfact

18 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Yeah, Trump staff are sort of like those rowers on those Roman ships in Ben-Hur chained to their seats....555555

That old joke...

General Kelly says...

Good news, Captain Trump says we're going to Florida.

Bad news: Eric wants to water ski.

18 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Agree that Fox News should not be allowed to call themselves a "news" network. 

Agree with whom?  I'm not sure what you're talking about as I didn't mention Fox News and don't watch any news networks. Anyhow, one non sequitur deserves another. Can we both agree that no news network has harmed the American people as much as Robert Rubin did?

It could be Hope Hicks will have an even more interesting future than being a media commentator.. At least in the short term.

Trump ignored 'bright line' on discussing Russia with Hicks

President Donald Trump’s lawyers have urged him not to discuss details of the unfolding Russia investigation with anyone outside his legal team, warning of a conversational “bright line” that could put aides and associates in legal jeopardy, according to current and former Trump aides.

But Trump often ignores that legal advice in the presence of senior aides — including his departing confidante and White House communications director, Hope Hicks.

“I think the president has put her in a very precarious position,” a senior Trump administration official said in a recent interview.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/01/trump-hope-hicks-russia-433280

30 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

It could be Hope Hicks will have an even more interesting future than being a media commentator.. At least in the short term.

Trump ignored 'bright line' on discussing Russia with Hicks

President Donald Trump’s lawyers have urged him not to discuss details of the unfolding Russia investigation with anyone outside his legal team, warning of a conversational “bright line” that could put aides and associates in legal jeopardy, according to current and former Trump aides.

But Trump often ignores that legal advice in the presence of senior aides — including his departing confidante and White House communications director, Hope Hicks.

“I think the president has put her in a very precarious position,” a senior Trump administration official said in a recent interview.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/01/trump-hope-hicks-russia-433280

And what if he did, and what if she cops a plea or pays a fine or does 6 months? You think that would stop some media outlet from hiring her? Think again.

4 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

And what if he did, and what if she cops a plea or pays a fine or does 6 months? You think that would stop some media outlet from hiring her? Think again.

I'm not saying it would stop her from having a career at Fox or Breitbard. But it will be interesting since she may well have relevant information to give on what Trump knew and when he know and his motivations for committing various acts that Mueller is looking at.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

I'm not saying it would stop her from having a career at Fox or Breitbard. But it will be interesting since she may well have relevant information to give on what Trump knew and when he know and his motivations for committing various acts that Mueller is looking at.

Or CNN or MSNBC or CBS or NBC or ABC for that matter. Perhaps The View. I wouldn't think she'd have to go slumming on Big Brother. Wherever she lands I'm sure there will be a viewership that will eat that shit up. Hey, maybe she'll be a spokesmodel for an onionskin jeans manufacturer. America is the land of opportunity after all.

Edited by lannarebirth

I can't see her out front as a talking head? I honestly can't remember her speaking in public once. She prefers to keep in the background. As her roots are in PR - as are her family's - she might return to that?

Or, depending on well she "sings" for Mueller maybe a trip to Season 15 of The Voice to see if she can get a chair to turn?

On the personal side, expect she'll settle down with "third time's a charm" Rob "The Stormin' Mormon" Porter.

• 2 weeks later...

" Hips has been described alternately as the “Trump whisperer” due to her close proximity to the president and as his “security blanket” for her obsequiousness to him.

According to the Washington Examiner, factions within the White House are battling to see their person installed as Trump’s new communication director following the abrupt resignation of longtime confidante Hope Hicks."

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/03/white-house-factions-go-war-threaten-quit-will-replace-trump-confidante-hope-hicks/

"The staffing upheaval that has hit the White House over the past several weeks has raised concerns among Trump's allies and Republicans on Capitol Hill about whether the turnover is creating a distraction for the president."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/tensions-soar-in-white-house-search-for-hope-hicks-successor