skin infection (Folliculitis?) at Penis shaft - Urologist or dermatologist ?

THAILIBAN

I started to develop some tiny red blisters on my Penis shaft and they do now  itch. From googling a little it looks like it could be Folliculitis.

Should I see an urologist or rather a dermatologist and does anybody have recommendations? Would be a cheaper Thai "clinic" enough (to get some ointment ) or should I rather see a Doc at an  (expensive) private hospital ? I know that dermatology is not exactly a strength of the Thai medical landscape, unless it is "beauty surgery" or similar.

I know there is a recommended older female Doc at Bangkok Pattaya hospital (would rather see a male Doc in that special case), but I do not necessarily want to go to very expensive places like Bumrungrad for that.

Thanks

Folliculitis is possible, so is scabies. To be folliculitis the lesions would have to be not on the penis but on the groin where the hair follicles are. If the lesions are on the penis itself then it is something else  Simple "jock itch" (yeast infection) is another possibility.

You need either a dermatologist or good GP

In Pattaya area could try Dr. Olivier  https://www.dr-olivier-clinic.com/

I don't know what he charges for consultation but you can call or email and ask.

13 hours ago, Sheryl said:

This article is about herpes. While herpes will cause blisters, they are painful, not itching.

Since OP states the lesions  itch I think herpes can be ruled out. Scabies or folliculitis most probable IMO.

In any case needs treatment.

I have no idea Sheryl, just talking with a guy who is 68 the other day over a few cold ones and he mentioned that he just got diagnosed with it and mentioned itching and then blisters.

Like you said, needs to see a doctor to know for sure.

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2018 at 11:41 AM, Sheryl said:

Folliculitis is possible, so is scabies. To be folliculitis the lesions would have to be not on the penis but on the groin where the hair follicles are. If the lesions are on the penis itself then it is something else 

As a point of (possibly relevant) trivia :  some men have hair on their penis shafts.

Archived