Brand new Android boxes not booting anymore

Dario

Hi everyone,

recently I bought 2 Android boxes, model t95z plus, after I skipped expensive top option of Truevision. They worked for about a week or ten days, but after that both of them are not booting anymore. I bought them on Lazada for 2'450 Baht each here. In the beginning I had problems already, I had to constantly remove the power cable and connect it again, then it would boot. Does anyone have an idea what could possibly be the problem? Anyone has encountered similar problems. I kinda feel p...ed off losing almost 5'000 Baht just like this. I'd be happy for any helpful input.

I have a similar problem on a Minix U1 android box it mainly happens when i have a usb air mouse plugged into the OTG port but have the same problem sometimes in the other ports too. May be cause by the launcher that came with the box. I installed the Nova launcher from google play and it reduced the no of times it happens.
My solution is to put the box to sleep only and only power it off every couple of days, I remove the air mouse any time it stalls on powering up then remove power plug for a second or so and it nearly always starts.
I have two other Minix boxes the X8H+ and the U9 with different android software ( 4 and 6) and they don't have this problem so it may only be related to android 5 systems. Minix recommended  reloading the operating system from scratch but i haven't done that yet so you may want check to see if there is an updated operating system from the manufacturer.

2 minutes ago, DPGumbypgh said:

I have a similar problem on a Minix U1 android box it mainly happens when i have a usb air mouse plugged into the OTG port but have the same problem sometimes in the other ports too. May be cause by the launcher that came with the box. I installed the Nova launcher from google play and it reduced the no of times it happens.
My solution is to put the box to sleep only and only power it off every couple of days, I remove the air mouse any time it stalls on powering up then remove power plug for a second or so and it nearly always starts.
I have two other Minix boxes the X8H+ and the U9 with different android software ( 4 and 6) and they don't have this problem so it may only be related to android 5 systems. Minix recommended  reloading the operating system from scratch but i haven't done that yet so you may want check to see if there is an updated operating system from the manufacturer.

Thanks very much for your input. I have bought these two boxes in December, so that's already 2 months ago. Nevertheless I have sent an email message to my contact at Lazada Thailand and asked her to contact the seller and  ask for help or alternatively for a full refund. The contact I have at Lazada is very reliable and very helpful since she knows that I know Lazada Thailand's CEO and COO, both foreigners. I will wait now and see, if there will be any help from the seller. I will send an update here. To just lose almost 5'000 Baht just like that would really annoy me.

Well Dario I think you learned a lesson.

As you know, because i explained this in answer to a PM you send me a few months ago, I sell boxes and set them up.

Every box I sell receives hardware modifications as well as firmware modifications, because otherwise they run hot and crash

Every box below $150 on the market these days overheats, if no modifications are done, and the T95Z Plus is very infamous for it.

There is a dedicated T95Z facebook page, go look, read the stories, and weep

Yet people think, why should I pay someone, because I can just order a box on Lazada and do it all by myself.

Your experience probably tells you the opposite now.

The Minix of the other member is a different story, don't get me started about that overpriced junk.

Minix issues a firmware update every month, which says it all actually, because something that isn't broken doesn't need to be fixed.

For the Minix U1 there have been no less than 13 firmware updates in 19 months, with the latest July 2017.

Archived