Nine monks, novices in Chumphon arrested over drug use

rooster59

Nine monks, novices in Chumphon arrested over drug use

By The Nation

Nine young monks and novices in Chumphon’s Tha Sae district were arrested and defrocked after they tested positive for drug use, officials said.

Acting on a tips-off, officials of a taskforce of the Chumphon governor checked Wat Kring in Moo 7 village in Tambon Sup-anan and arrested two monks for allegedly abusing methamphetamine.

Based on accounts of the two monks, officials next checked a monastic centre in Tambon Hong Charoen of Tha Sae. Four monks and three novices were tested for meth and found positive.

All were defrocked and brought to a drug rehabilitation centre at the Chumphon Territory Defence Company.

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-03

Well the police lost 75% of their share of the distribution network on the change in the guard. Maybe the temples gained some of that benefit. So plenty of chance for the younger lads to get a dip into the great gravy boat regularly be transported around the country. Big business will never change.

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Nine young monks and novices in Chumphon’s Tha Sae district were arrested and defrocked after they tested positive for drug use, officials said.

Surprising only nine? My friend in a small village east of Nong Khai gets up at 4am and goes and cooks for and feeds these cretins and thinks they are wonderful. They are scum! Nothing I say will change her mind.

On 3/2/2018 at 11:13 PM, RichardColeman said:

No wonder I cannot understand and the wife cannot translate what they are chanting about, it's meth gobbledegook.

It's Pali, which almost no one can understand, unless they've actually studied it. Most Thais memorize the words without ever knowing the meanings, as most chanting books do not come with translations. Some do...

Archived