Video: Dubai tourist freed after uncomfortable 2 hours stuck in Pattaya hotel lift

webfact

Video: Dubai tourist freed after uncomfortable 2 hours stuck in Pattaya hotel lift

3pm1.jpg

video screenshot

Staff from rescue foundation Sawang Boriboon freed a Dubai tourist after he spent two hours in the lift at The Point Residence in South Pattaya.

Ahmad, 27, was visiting a friend on a lower floor in the early hours of Sunday when the door suddenly shut on the fourth floor.

Desperate and running out of air his shouts went unanswered. So he video-called his friend who contacted hotel staff.

A video showed the rescue team using a door opening device to free the tourist who appeared exhausted but relieved.

The hotel is in Soi Yen Sabai.

Thai posters on the We Love Pattaya site asked why the hotel does not have CCTV in the lift or even an emergency call button.

Source: Facebook "We Love Pattaya"

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-05

I will not travel in any lifts here in Thailand, most recently, lifts dropping many floors in Pattaya, fire from control boxes etc.etc. Walk up like I do, good for the heart and body
I have to take the lift up to 20th floor every day, no problems, they are fast and reliable. But this is a new building.

Had a somewhat similar situation about 20 years back when I was working in KL. was staying at KL Plaza in the centre of town and entered the lift on the GF, heading to the 3rd floor mezzanine before changing to the condo lift to the 20th floor.

Never reached the 3rd floor as the lift suddenly stopped, then went down to the basement, 5 floors below GF. I pressed whatever buttons I could and it started going up again. Then the shaking started and it went down to the basement. One of the guards came to the lift and I could hear someone working to open the doors. Then the lift took off again - someone had pressed the lift button and, since the lift had not been isolated, it headed up the shaft. Again it started shaking and then the lights went off and stayed off.

Well, this happened two or three times before they were eventually able to pry open the doors at the basement level. I exited, a bit shakey, and said to the workers that I was getting a bit concerned towards the end. They said they were also getting rather concerned - glad I didn't know that at the time!!