Conservation group to protest if Premchai charge not pursued

webfact

Conservation group to protest if Premchai charge not pursued

By The Nation

479b625be9edcaa769617869554af2bc.jpeg

Photo from: Sasin's Facebook

The Seub Nakhasathien Foundation has threatened to stage protests if police fail to pursue the charge of deliberately killing wildlife against construction tycoon Premchai Karnasuta.

“Definitely, there will be people taking to streets in that case,” Sasin Chalermlarp, the conservation group’s president, said on Monday. 

25ddbf412ae4805d621062d8d0b6ef68.jpeg

He spoke after a perceived delay in the police investigation into allegations that Premchai and three accomplices shot dead several wild animals, including a rare black leopard, in a wildlife sanctuary in Kanchanaburi province last month. 

3fd518bd52d0f9b034ad18e307f959ac.jpeg

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30340224

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-05

3 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

That is a defeatist comment, there are always other issues of concern but these people are Conservationists and they are doing their job bang on.  

On the subject of human road deaths, TV members on the currently trending motorcycle accident video forum seem to be pissing their pants with laughter, which i fail to understand.

There are plenty of people who aren’t conservationists who are very angry about this story. I wish they could also be this angry about people being killed by reckless drivers. 

Not defeateat. I just want people to feel the same at other injustices. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rkidlad said:

There are plenty of people who aren’t conservationists who are very angry about this story. I wish they could also be this angry about people being killed by reckless drivers. 

What i am saying is that is a tool commentators use to dilute any current cause.  Take it to the extreme and nobody has the right to complain about anything. #knowthegame

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rkidlad said:

If Thais or us were to feel that badly about all the in juctices here it would be a very very sad place, but i understand your reasoning, in that if they got off their asses in sufficient numbers things might actually change for the good of all.

Edited by kaorop
  • Like 1

Failure to charge Premchai would cause street protests: environmentalist

By JAKRAWAN SALAYTOO 
THE NATION

06f43c2e29fcd70e4c9c7dec7d03fc62.jpeg

The Seub Nakhasathien Foundation’s president, Sasin Chalermlarp (centre), demands justice for wild animals, including a black leopard, that were shot dead in a national park. // Photo from: Sasin's Facebook

THE SEUB Nakhasathien Foundation has threatened to stage protests if police fail to pursue the charge of deliberately killing wildlife against construction tycoon Premchai Karnasuta.

“Definitely, there will be people taking to the streets in that case,” Sasin Chalermlarp, the conservation group’s president, said yesterday. 

f8554a72347c11603860be9b5d0fad11.jpeg

Photo from: Sasin's Facebook

He was referring to a perceived delay in the police investigation of allegations that Premchai, president of Italian-Thai Development Plc, and three accomplices shot dead several wild animals, including a critically endangered black leopard, in a wildlife sanctuary in Kanchanaburi province last month. 

Sasin spoke as his foundation released a statement on Premchai’s case to demand swift and transparent law enforcement. 

The statement said it appeared that Premchai and his group hid guns in their vehicles and set up camp in an unauthorised spot, revealing that he intended to go hunting.

The statement also described Premchai’s case as “not complicated” and argued that relevant authorities, particularly the police, should be able to quickly act to bring the culprits to justice. 

The foundation urged the government and the Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation to closely monitor the case. 

“We urge the government to stand by the people and condemn those bent on hurting the country’s natural resources,” the statement said. 

Sasin said his group would also submit a copy of the statement to national police commissioner Pol General Chakthip Chaijinda.

If police failed to quickly conclude the case, he might consider asking Chakthip to change the officers in charge of the investigation. 

“Probably we will ask the Department of Special Investigation to take over the case,” he said. 

Last Friday, deputy national police commissioner Pol General Srivara Ransibrahmanakul drew a barrage of criticism after he made a deep bow while returning the greeting of Premchai at the Thong Pha Phum Police Station in Kanchanaburi. Premchai was reporting to investigators in connection with alleged poaching. 

Srisuwan Junya, secretary-general of the Thai Constitution Protection Organisation Association, further urged the Police Commission to launch a probe against Srivara over the bow. 

Srivara yesterday said he would welcome a probe but threatened to take legal action if Srisuwan’s comments damaged his reputation. 

A recent decision to put a policeman on probation for accepting a complaint of animal cruelty against Premchai was in line with police regulations, Srivara said. 

“A policeman cannot accept a complaint about an action that is not an offence under the law and a policeman must not be negligent,” he |said. 

The complaint was filed by Wichian Shinwong, a senior official at the Thung Yai Naresuan Wildlife Sanctuary who arrested Premchai despite learning that he was a top executive at a large Thai firm. Wichian has been widely lauded for arresting Premchai.

However, police said the alleged action by Premchai did not meet the terms of the animal cruelty law. 

Counter Corruption Division chief Pol Maj-General Kamol Rienracha, meanwhile, said available evidence suggested Premchai had been trying to bribe arresting officials. 

“We will interrogate Premchai on March 7 [tomorrow],” Kamol added. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30340241

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-06

i am betting the police have already been paid off here, thus the feet-dragging, if so then how can they forward the case downstream in the legal system, they would be breaking, what is in essence, a system, a sub-culture; so we have to suffer all these marginal excuses

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Failure to charge Premchai would cause street protests

That´s not the first time, right? Wonder what we are going to use to solve the problem this time? Granades, Molotows, stolen automatic guns, peacemakers and knifes suddenly comes to mind. Maybe we can occupie the court and some airports too.

Of course this man should have to stand trial for his wrongdoing, but at the end they are always trying to get the right result by doing wrong.

Amazing how quickly the authorities can find and paint over panther protest graffiti, and watch over the sites, yet take soooooooooooooooooooo long to prosecute Premchai.

OK, it's not that amazing.

I'm half expecting the "authorities" to charge the deceased panther's "associates" with defamation.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Get Real said:

That´s not the first time, right? Wonder what we are going to use to solve the problem this time? Granades, Molotows, stolen automatic guns, peacemakers and knifes suddenly comes to mind. Maybe we can occupie the court and some airports too.

Of course this man should have to stand trial for his wrongdoing, but at the end they are always trying to get the right result by doing wrong.

And what exactly is the right way to do it?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Becker said:

And what exactly is the right way to do it?

Do you by any chance come from a country that has a working system, government with rules and regulations? In that case you should not need to ask. If not, then I am truly sorry.

39 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Do you by any chance come from a country that has a working system, government with rules and regulations? In that case you should not need to ask. If not, then I am truly sorry.

Have you by any chance missed the fact that this is a Thailand forum dedicated to discussing topics regarding Thailand? Has it completely passed you by that in this country there is a military junta in control and that rules and regulations are whatever the rich and powerful want them to be? If you have then I am truly sorry but since you've now been reminded about the current situation I will ask again:

What exactly is the right way to do it?

Edited by Becker
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Becker said:

Have you by any chance missed the fact that this is a Thailand forum dedicated to discussing topics regarding Thailand? Has it completely passed you by that in this country there is a military junta in control and that rules and regulations are whatever the rich and powerful want them to be? If you have then I am truly sorry but since you've now been reminded about the current situation I will ask again:

What exactly is the right way to do it?

Regarding the first sentence I bolded. How is that one even relevant? of course I have not been missing that. You asked me what the right way to do it was, and I gave you the tools to firue it out by yourself. The dicussion still regards Thailand even if I asked you if you have been living in a situation so you have experienced other options.

You do not have to ask again, you already have been given the tools to figure it out. I if you can´t, then my last sentence in previous post was aimed at you. Cheers!

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording.
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Regarding the first sentence I bolded. How is that one even relevant? of course I have not been missing that. You asked me what the right way to do it was, and I gave you the tools to firue it out by yourself. The dicussion still regards Thailand even if I asked you if you have been living in a situation so you have experienced other options.

You do not have to ask again, you already have been given the tools to figure it out. I if you can´t, then my last sentence in previous post was aimed at you. Cheers!

That's a very labor intensive way of saying you just don't know.

Just now, Becker said:

That's a very labor intensive way of saying you just don't know.

No, it´s not. It´s just that your question will fill a book about all the things that need to be implemented for other suggestions to work. That´s why I asked you to figure it out yourself. I guess that was too hard. Stopping here now. This leads nowhere. Have a nice day.

3 minutes ago, Get Real said:

No, it´s not. It´s just that your question will fill a book about all the things that need to be implemented for other suggestions to work. That´s why I asked you to figure it out yourself. I guess that was too hard. Stopping here now. This leads nowhere. Have a nice day.

You claimed protests were not the right way to do it in a country where the democratic alternatives one has at one's disposal in the West aren't available. When I asked you what the right ways were you started deflecting. Why not just come out and say you don't know - is that so hard?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 people in the pic look like intelligent honest people. Complete contrast to politicians and men in suits (power).

Dig the woman's taste in clothes - she's a hottie for an older woman.

Sorry, back on topic...

• Like 1

On 3/5/2018 at 4:01 PM, TVGerry said:

If the rich here can get away with killing HUMANS, it's unlikely they'll get justice for dead animals. Protests aren't really going to do much. Some people are just too rich to touch.

And guess who will be fleeing Thailand with the help of either the Royal Thai Police and / or the government officials and / or all of them to avoid any major disruptive demonstrations and who can join the Taksins,  Red Bull Heir, the famous rich monk and so on... ummm wonder when ?? Probably will be gone by tomorrow and they will all say "How did he get out... why wasn't his passport revoked " Ahhh ! so sad ! Poor guy having to leave his own country ...