New Tyres For Toyota 4WD Any Recommendations?

I'm about to replace all four tyres on my 2001 Toyota Tiger 3 litre 4WD. Currently using Bridgestone Duellers All Terrain which have served me well - about 100,000 km on them.

Whilst the Duellers have been good they're fairly noisy and not cheap (about THB 6000 per tyre) and I rarely venture off road so I don't really need all terrain tyres.

Anyone recommend some alternative tyres or should I stick with the Duellers? 

3 minutes ago, vincent13 said:

Thanks Transam, will definitely investigate. The others on my mind are Firestone (someone in another thread was recommending them) but haven't priced them yet.

Yep, a friend bought 4 for 16k which was a good deal...

• Like 1

I have a sportrider, which is basically the SUV souped up version of the Tiger. I used to have Duellers as well, but last time replaced them with Dunlop Grandtrek AT1. These are working well so far (circa 30,000k done and still 12+mm thread left on back tyres) and quite a bit cheaper at around 4000 a piece. I found this ad just now offering buy3-get4. http://www.superautomax.co.th/product/dunlop-grandtrek-at1/

Check if your local Ford dealership is participating in their buy-4-pay-for-3 special. Last year they had a choice of Michelin, Bridgestone and another couple of name brands. Haven't checked if there are the same choices this year.

• Like 1

I swapped out my 3 year-old, dinged PX1 Ranger rims shod with the original, well-worn 75k km Duellers for a set of almost new PX2 Ranger rims and Duellers with only dealership-to-tire shop mileage on them. Cost 12000 baht. Steal!

Noted that most tire shops do some form of "buy 3 get one free", typically limited to one or two brands. The rim swap guy had Yokohama's on special but didn't have the 18's in stock.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. Ended up going to B-Quik in Udon after A.C.T. quoted THB 6450 for Duellers.

Purchased Thunderers (4) for THB 15610 balanced and wheel alignment. Certainly a lot quieter than the Duellers but as Transam commented above won't get the same mileage as the Duellers.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. Ended up going to B-Quik in Udon after A.C.T. quoted THB 6450 for Duellers.
Purchased Thunderers (4) for THB 15610 balanced and wheel alignment. Certainly a lot quieter than the Duellers but as Transam commented above won't get the same mileage as the Duellers.
You should still have some grip after a couple of years with the Thunderers, which is good.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant