Phuket officials stumble in enforcing Supreme Court beach evictions

snoop1130

Phuket officials stumble in enforcing Supreme Court beach evictions

The Phuket News

1520246728_1-org.jpg

The deadline for vendors to vacate the 178 rai of beachfront land at Layan and Leypang beaches passed quietly, with no action taken. Photo: The Phuket News / file

PHUKET:-- Officials today were confused as who should take the first step in clearing vendors illegally occupying plots within 178 rai of beachfront land and Layan and Leypang beaches, on Phuket’s scenic west coast, in upholding beach evictions ordered by the Supreme Court.

“I’m ready. I am waiting on the Phuket Legal Execution Department (PLED) to inform me of what action is to be taken,” MaAnn Samran, chief of the Cherng Talay Tambon Administration Organisation (OrBorTor) told The Phuket News this morning.

However, by 4:30pm today (Mar 5) no news was forthcoming from the PLED.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-officials-stumble-in-enforcing-supreme-court-beach-evictions-66211.php#VdJpjeyDF5Pzz0T5.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-3-5
  • Haha 1

Happens often in Europe, on certain decrees taken by state governments, that are later on, declared unconsiderable and discharged from higher judicial and political instances due to their incompatibility or contractual breaches.

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Happens often in Europe, on certain decrees taken by state governments, that are later on, declared unconsiderable and discharged from higher judicial and political instances due to their incompatibility or contractual breaches.

I don't know about Europe (Edit:  Or Thailand for that matter), but a decree by The Supreme Court of the USA is pretty final, and by definition, legal.  There's no appeals left...  Ask Al Gore about that one.

Edited by impulse

15 hours ago, stuarty said:

Hahaha. You couldn't make it up....

I called this yesterday when you brought up the thread which gave yesterday as the deadline.

Speaking of deadlines and supreme court, Eva Beach in Rawai had their final appeal in December, but I never heard the outcome of that.  However, I don't see any work being done at Eva either.