Relationships and age differences, a personal case study

GoDucks

Love it when I see guys use the phrase "playing the long game" rather than admit, while an older guy may no longer be a bronzed adonis, he still carries the charm, charisma, and ability to make a lady feel special.

Edited by 473geo
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

UPDATE:

My girl had one fatal flaw.  She was jealous.

Now I am not claiming I am 100% perfect, but if I was chatting to a girl for any reason she kind of lost it.  And she et her imagination run wild.

A few months ago she thought I was chatting to a girl and so she decided to get revenge.  She opened up Instagram and posted some hot pics, all without my knowledge.  She started chatting with some guys, one in particular.  Another farang, 30.

Within a month she had convinced herself, probably with an assist from the new guy, that she did not love me anymore.  She dumped me and immediately took up with him.

At one point she had some regrets, but there was too much baggage.  Sadly, after three years, the best relationship of my life, is over.

Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all, as they say.

Until the end, she never asked for money.  We almost never fought.  Its (way) over now, but I have no regrets, and, let's face it, couples that are of similar ages often do not last three years.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, GoDucks said:

UPDATE:

My girl had one fatal flaw.  She was jealous.

Now I am not claiming I am 100% perfect, but if I was chatting to a girl for any reason she kind of lost it.  And she et her imagination run wild.

A few months ago she thought I was chatting to a girl and so she decided to get revenge.  She opened up Instagram and posted some hot pics, all without my knowledge.  She started chatting with some guys, one in particular.  Another farang, 30.

Within a month she had convinced herself, probably with an assist from the new guy, that she did not love me anymore.  She dumped me and immediately took up with him.

At one point she had some regrets, but there was too much baggage.  Sadly, after three years, the best relationship of my life, is over.

Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all, as they say.

Until the end, she never asked for money.  We almost never fought.  Its (way) over now, but I have no regrets, and, let's face it, couples that are of similar ages often do not last three years.

We're truely sorry to hear that! You both didn't deserve an end like this. But there's something seriously screwed up with fate's logic at times...

Sad to hear. Although very coincidentally, my mate in Bangkok (who is also 30 like myself and from England) told me in the pub last month that he had been seeing some new girl he had met after initially chatting on Instagram. I certainly hope it isn't him. 

On 3/8/2018 at 2:47 PM, GoDucks said:

Condo is in my name.  She never wants anything from me.  Insists she will not go to US with me until she can pay for it herself.  Not sure about the father/daughter thing.  She is pretty easy going, as am I.  

At the risk of playing Debbie Downer, that sounds like it could be a long con.

Here’s hoping I’m wrong.

Edit: Should have read the entire thread. Condolences!

Edited by fusion58

10 hours ago, Dinobot said:

Shucks. Well, on the upside you had some tight 20 yo snatch for a few years. Something likely impossible in your home country.

This.

He can also take much consolation in the knowledge that there are plenty more such fish in this particular sea.

• Like 2

NEW update...

Well after a few weeks with the new guy, she apparently realized that the new, young guy was just, in her words, "passion".

She wants to come back, but she is wracked by guilt and regret.  I want the last three weeks to have never happened, but they did.

So we are rebooting as friends for now. Friends with a long history and great relationship.  She says she has made a huge mistake and learned a valuable lesson.

Wish us luck.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GoDucks said:

NEW update...

Well after a few weeks with the new guy, she apparently realized that the new, young guy was just, in her words, "passion".

She wants to come back, but she is wracked by guilt and regret.  I want the last three weeks to have never happened, but they did.

So we are rebooting as friends for now. Friends with a long history and great relationship.  She says she has made a huge mistake and learned a valuable lesson.

Wish us luck.  

Wow, just wow!

There's a lot of "losing face" in that one, on her part (after all, where are we...). Me, I bow deeply at her decision and the fact that she's pulling it through!! Shows bloody much character! Can't tell you how happy I am about how it turned out - seriously!!!