Relationships and age differences, a personal case study

GoDucks

17 hours ago, HLover said:

Meh, best of luck to you.  No arrow slinging material here mate.

I second that wish, with full confidence.

from what it appears your relationship is well balanced and has been for the last two years. You have to keep in mind though, that time will change things and personalities. Which does not have to be negative at all, as long as you are on top of it.

It appears that the young lady wants you for you. Great!!  With a bit of work you should be able to keep it like that...... both ways.

I would suggest that you don't think about marriage for a long time.  It serve no real purpose, except tomchange people and usually in a negative way.  Good luck from a two-time loser but now a winner with 20 years difference in age.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

1st thai wife 10 years younger - destroyed my finances and our family business through family greed.

2nd thai wife 14 years younger - complete opposite, sane, secure and caring.

Neither were bar girls. 

Imagine the next one. 18 years younger and a lotto winning nympho.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, GoDucks said:

Now I am not going to ay she is the most beautiful girl to ever walk the earth, but she looks good to me.  And when I said she has the body of a VS model (sans big boobs) i was not joking.

5aa0cff77ed9c_Sombikini2.jpg.3484081b2c2cd677548d8bb0c4304aef.jpg

is this her ?

• Haha 1

No slings or arrows from me either; enjoy.

However, at some point it would be a good idea to think about the future; hers, not yours. Thai women, or perhaps better said Asian women in general, often have great difficulty getting a husband after they hit 30 or so. That is not 100%, but it is difficult. You and she sound happy now, but when you kick the bucket, how old will she be? Will she have a chance to meet someone else after you are gone? To be blunt, after you go to the big house in the sky, what about her?

As I said, no slings or arrows from me, but this is something that you should think about, some time.

Cheers and good luck.

1 minute ago, Samui Bodoh said:

No slings or arrows from me either; enjoy.

However, at some point it would be a good idea to think about the future; hers, not yours. Thai women, or perhaps better said Asian women in general, often have great difficulty getting a husband after they hit 30 or so. That is not 100%, but it is difficult. You and she sound happy now, but when you kick the bucket, how old will she be? Will she have a chance to meet someone else after you are gone? To be blunt, after you go to the big house in the sky, what about her?

As I said, no slings or arrows from me, but this is something that you should think about, some time.

Cheers and good luck.

I have brought that up several times and she will not have it.  Stubborn in that way I guess.

5 hours ago, GoDucks said:

Surprisingly we like a lot of the same music, enjoy the same movies, enjoy the same kind of activities, and as one of those girls who has liked Western culture for most of her life its weird how many things she is aware of--like Scoobi doo as an odd example.  I almost think her age is an advangage as she grew up being exposed to internet and all things Western.

As an example a few months back a Green Day song came up and she was singing along... A bit surprised I asked "You like Green Day?"  She said yes they were one of her favorites...

That is all nice - - even if one day it does change, it sounds like you have something special going on that is not easy to find... enjoy and indulge every minute of it... good luck to you.

11 hours ago, faraday said:

Enjoy yourself.

:smile:

Those two words exactly sums it all up.

The OP said he hasn`t found anything bad on her yet. My advice there is; don`t dig too deep, otherwise he`ll be disappointed.

She hasn`t asked for anything. Give it time, she will.

Enjoy it now, take it day by day and avoid becoming too emotionally involved and if the relationship fails to give mutual benefits, then call it a day and move on.

1 minute ago, cyberfarang said:

Those two words exactly sums it all up.

The OP said he hasn`t found anything bad on her yet. My advice there is; don`t dig too deep, otherwise he`ll be disappointed.

She hasn`t asked for anything. Give it time, she will.

Enjoy it now, take it day by day and avoid becoming too emotionally involved and if the relationship fails to give mutual benefits, then call it a day and move on.

She must be one patient player--its been two years.  :)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

A thought a 25-30 year age gap was the norm around here! Certainly works for me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Indeed.  I've been having an on and off thing with a BKK tertiary educated and business employed Thai lady (37 while I'm 65) for over 4 years now;  I was a determined sex monger before but in the last year or so come to accept that it's never going to offer anything more than a brief interlude with an emotional vacuum same same hangover.

My Thai girl ticks all the boxes for me,  very attractive, great sex; good English, earns well above the Thai norm; intelligent and loyal without doubt.  

She's well and truly passed the lengthy probation period, but here comes the glitch bit;  her younger sister (25 ) has expressed a desire to live with us in BKK.   

The problem is that the sisters have obviously discussed the scenario and are happy for it to happen;  the younger being willing to play the role of Mia Noi  until she meets a farang guy via my contacts in Australia.

Believe me I'm not praying for absolution, but I am concerned with what could become an overly complicated situation.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Good luck to the op but a 34 year age gap is a fair one,my first Thai wife was 10 years younger than me my second is 13 years younger i am 53.It is hard enough to have a lot in common due to cultural differences,but we mostly get on fine,but i really don't know what i would talk about with a 20 year old.

Reassuring to read that both of your wives remain on your scene,  do they alternate or all in together ?  555

Such a relationship is not abnormal or creepy.

Many Thai girls have a bit of a 'father fixation' having been raised during their teenage years in a household of females (because the father has run off or some other reason). Some of these Thai girls are mature for their age and can form a close relationship with an older guy. Sometimes this can lead to intimacy, love and marriage, particularly with a farang who is outside the normal Thai conventions.

Of course, your girlfriend might want to live overseas or have children at some stage. She is young and you can open up a world of opportunities for her. While nobody knows what the future holds, if she is a better person for knowing you (and vice versa), then the relationship is healthy.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

59 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I thought I was happily married to a woman half my age.

But after reading this thread I'm developing SERIOUS age gap envy.

I want one 1/3 my age too!

..yeah 'half your age' is soooo last year haha ..take care. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1