Which Thai Documents to show at Immigration

When my sons first arrived in Thailand we were given emergency travel documents to fly over from the UK (They didn't have Thai passports only British).

Now they are leaving, will they be required to show the original documents shown when entering (they have not been out of the country since) i.e. emergency travel documents, or should they show their latest Thai passport (with no stamps in) or both? They will have/never have had a visa in their passports, though I believe immigration want to see when and how they arrived in Thailand as they have dual nationality.

Any help would be appreciated

Ceers

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume the Thai Embassy issued the ETD's.

If they were stamped into the country on the ETD they would show it along with their Thai passports on departure.

Yes. The Thai Embassy in London issued the ETD's, but their current Thai passports have expired. I assume I will need to get them new Thai passports to leave the country. Unfortunately I am not in Thailand at the moment and I have to sign to say they can have new passports apparently

20 minutes ago, nellyp said:

Yes. The Thai Embassy in London issued the ETD's, but their current Thai passports have expired. I assume I will need to get them new Thai passports to leave the country. Unfortunately I am not in Thailand at the moment and I have to sign to say they can have new passports apparently

They will not be able to leave the country without new passports. 

You could  do a letter of consent at the embassy in London. Then send it so they could apply for the passports.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They will not be able to leave the country without new passports. 

You could  do a letter of consent at the embassy in London. Then send it so they could apply for the passports.

I will ca ll the Thai embassy in London later today about the consent letter. I am really hoping they can send me one rather than having to travel all the way to London. Surely they could email me the letter of consent as I would need to get it to my wife in Thailand anyway.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nellyp said:

I will ca ll the Thai embassy in London later today about the consent letter. I am really hoping they can send me one rather than having to travel all the way to London. Surely they could email me the letter of consent as I would need to get it to my wife in Thailand anyway.

You have to do it in persson. They have to witness your signature and notarize it.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to do it in persson. They have to witness your signature and notarize it.

Yeah. I have already looked into where to stay tube journey etc...nightmare, but has to be done