Retirement extension in expiring passport.

Hi

At the time of my next annual extension, my passport will have only 10 months life left.

Do I need to renew my passport before applying for the 1year extension or can I do that later?

If I can get the extension put in my existing passport will they give me only 10 months rather than the full year?

Thanks for your help

They will only extend to expiration of passport.  If there is any chance you may want to travel best to always have over six months of validity remaining so probably better to get new passport before extension.  I plan to do so.

Get a new passport and old passport return voided.

You can then wait until extension is due.

With booth passports go to immigration to have stamps transferred to new passport and extension done with new passport.

(that's what I did 2016)

Edited by KhunBENQ

Thanks guys.

Any idea how long it takes to get the new passport. I understand they come from the UK so I am thinking about 1 month all in?? Also during this application period I assume you can hold onto your old book?

2 minutes ago, somo said:

Thanks guys.

Any idea how long it takes to get the new passport. I understand they come from the UK so I am thinking about 1 month all in?? Also during this application period I assume you can hold onto your old book?

Average is 2 to 3 weeks.

They will give you your old passport back to you after you do the application for the new one.